[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Does anyone have a favorite utility they'd recommend to monitor Radeon dGPU temps in Sequoia?  If so, what application and kexts?  VirtualSMC or FakeSMC?  Thank you!

I use this kext with VirtualSMC kext and Macs Fan Control app to monitor temperature of Radeon dGPU. ( or iStat Menu App )

Edited by kinhhoang161
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@kinhhoang161 I am currently using version 2.2.0.  Thank you for the tips!  I noticed that with SMCRadeonSensors.kext, I see the GPU temp in the Unigine Valley benchmark:

Screenshot2024-06-23at3_37_29PM.png.8214846b519f807c7445d7a7c03dc4b3.png

I tried SMCRadeonSensors with iStat Menu and didn't see the GPU temp.  I'll try again.  Thank you.

• Like 3

Maybe you should try this @deeveedee

https://github.com/aluveitie/RadeonSensor/releases/tag/0.3.3 

Works fine with Sequoia and have app 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.508da15e20f950c3b600ee235a101d02.png

RadeonSensor-0.3.3.zip

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

Does anyone have a favorite utility they'd recommend to monitor Radeon dGPU temps in Sequoia?  If so, what application and kexts?  VirtualSMC or FakeSMC?  Thank you!

The best to me is iStats Menu, its no free but is not expensive. Im use HWMonitor and some kexts to monitoring. Im use Clover with FakeSMC and when I use OC, is with VirtualSMC. 

https://github.com/aluveitie/RadeonSensor/releases/tag/0.3.3 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Max.1974 and @miliuco I tried the new SMCRadeonSensorskext fork by ChefKiss with the older aluveitie Radeon app, but it didn't work for me. I'm currently using SMCRadeonSensors.kext with MacFanControl recommended by @kinhhoang161 and it works well.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After my Z690 hackintosh nvm drive just packed up. had a bit of a mission. getting sequoia working sorted now though new drive speed test

image.png.f8da996416890b064d52267005bd781d.png

DiskSpeedTest.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 7

When upgrading to a new major macOS, you must use -lilubetaall boot arg or lilu-dependent kexts that have been updated for the new macOS.  Without your EFI, it's hard to guess at another answer.

I will try and upload it after work today.

About this hack shows correct CPU but not about this mac.

Yes this is Sonoma but Sequoia is the same.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-24at5_53_13PM.thumb.png.3d4a4ae5e4f7fd667713b570d2a52031.png

Admins why is Tapatalk adding all the emojis????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc.zip

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 2

@SavageAUS I don't see any obvious issues with your EFI - looks like you're doing a great job of maintaining it and adapting it for Sequoia.  

1. Does audio work as expected in Sonoma 14.5 with this same EFI?
  2. If 'yes' to #1, which audio device is not working in Sequoia (provide Device Path, e.g., PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x4).  
  3. If 'yes' to #1, Is this non-working audio in #2 the internal speaker audio or audio over DP / HDMI?
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Thanks @chris1111 my dear friend, im already use too, but just Mac Fan Control can control the Fans. 

After many test the AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100 work Out of the Box with HWMonitorSMC2-v2.6.1 without any aditional kext :thumbsup_anim:

image.thumb.png.194e545f61a02de2e958356e5ff85f1d.pngimage.thumb.png.c0fa4f77d757f6b7220b0a7f7bf03e3a.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.
Yes audio works perfectly in Sonoma 14.5 and 14.6 beta.
The device path you provided is the one that is now working in Sequoia.
It is the speaker connection on my main board which appears in macOS as the internal speaker I believe.
Codec I believe is ALC1220-VB. My monitors do not have speakers to test HDMI/DP audio. Main board is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

After many test the AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100 work Out of the Box with HWMonitorSMC2-v2.6.1 without any aditional kext :thumbsup_anim:

Impressive.  A very comprehensive array of sensor reporting.  I may need to try it! :)

EDIT: I'm definitely not going to be trying Tapatalk.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Impressive.  A very comprehensive array of sensor reporting.  I may need to try it! :)

EDIT: I'm definitely not going to be trying Tapatalk.

Why your not try?

image.thumb.gif.c83c3bdffb23d88cb7c3dc1848843ff9.gif

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Why your not try?

Why am I not trying Tapatalk?  Have you seen @SavageAUS 's posts?

I tried HWMonitorSMC2 - it seems to work well with Open Core 1.0.0, VirtualSMC, VirtualSMC sensor kexts and SMCRadeonSensor.kext.  Thanks for posting this.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, deeveedee said:

Why am I not trying Tapatalk?  Have you seen @SavageAUS 's posts?

I tried HWMonitorSMC2 - it seems to work well with Open Core 1.0.0, VirtualSMC, VirtualSMC sensor kexts and SMCRadeonSensor.kext.  Thanks for posting this.

A ok its Tapalak

Its not the first time he post a spam like this with tapalak :frantics:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Thank you.
Yes audio works perfectly in Sonoma 14.5 and 14.6 beta.
The device path you provided is the one that is now working in Sequoia.
It is the speaker connection on my main board which appears in macOS as the internal speaker I believe.
Codec I believe is ALC1220-VB. My monitors do not have speakers to test HDMI/DP audio. Main board is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi.

It is the initial Beta, so I'm no inclined to debug it.  If you feel like experimenting, there are plenty of other supported layout-ids that you can test for ALC1220: See here.

16 minutes ago, Craig Hazan said:

Would someone take a look at my EFI for my 5700X/6700XT pairing?. I removed Airport itlwm and shaneees BT updates, still no joy booting .

EFI.zip 6.29 MB · 1 download

I see you are using AMD. You need to Update all kexts to the latest version and use the latest AMD Kernel/Patch here:
https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/tree/beta

5 minutes ago, kinhhoang161 said:

Take a screenshot of the error verbose so I can take a look

It doesn’t start verbose, just get a message after boot picker saying contact Apple.

I am still fighting with the touchpad and brightness keys of my Dell 7400. @chris1111 was that you with the touchscreen fixed on your laptop ? If so , please let me know how. Anybody willing to help will be deeply appreciated!

Here's my EFI - Dell 7400 Sequoia OC 1.0.1

I managed to fix the HDMI output + audio by correcting the DP section. Bluetooth is fixed with the IntelBTPatcher provided a few pages back. Sleep works with no issues. Also USB-C to HDMI and USB-C to Ethernet both work fantastic.

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 1