[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

@SavageAUS

Your last post has 2 very weird quote blocks, do you see them also?

@dreamwhite

Dear friend, I've tried OCLP 1.6.0 nightly with the kexts that you uploaded in the italian forum.

My W-Fi is Fenvi T919 so is not exactly the same as BCM94360NG (I think mine is BCM94360CD).

I disabled Ethernet (en0) to be sure that Wi-Fi is the only adapter.

amfi0x80 in boot args (no AMFIPass.kext).

These are the results:

• Wi-Fi works (I have not had to select any network nor enter any password)
  • System Info >> Network >> I see Airport (en2)
  • System Info >> Wi-Fi is blank (no info)
  • System Settings >> Wi-Fi is blank (no info)
  • Wi-Fi icon in menu bar is greyed (as disabled) although it has a dropdown menu with Wi-Fi enabled and the name of the network I am connected to.
Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Touch screen works on My HP EliteBook 840 G4 

Works also at boot OpenCore :D

image.thumb.png.f9efc63e2cecb95e5bc640076c5d5ced.png

Could you please post your EFI?   Am having problem with HP Skylake with 520 graphics booting to Sequoia login screen and then hanging with a spinner and no progress to the desktop.  Otherwise booting Catalina to Sonoma without issues.

opencore101_config.plistclover5159_config.plist

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@SavageAUS

@dreamwhite

Dear friend, I've tried OCLP 1.6.0 nightly with the kexts that you uploaded in the italian forum.

My W-Fi is Fenvi T919 so is not exactly the same as BCM94360NG (I think mine is BCM94360CD).

These are the results:

• Wi-Fi icon in menu bar is greyed (as disabled) although it has a dropdown menu with Wi-Fi enabled and the name of the network I am connected to.

Exactly the same  issue here with the my setup  kext and the kext attaching, no diferance its the same kext

• Like 3

*** SOLVED - See EDIT2 below ***

Has anyone else tested Microsoft Remote Desktop in Sequoia?  Not a big deal, but I'm unable to connect to Windows Client and Server VMs with Remote Desktop running in Sequoia Beta.

EDIT: No Remote Desktop issues with the same hack running Sonoma 14.5.

EDIT2: Problem solved.  Needed to allow local network access in System Settings > Privacy & Security > Local Network.  I must have incorrectly set this when I first launched MS Remote Desktop.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-06-21at2_18_46PM.png.152cab1e966e11fe66b0e1dece7868bb.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@dreamwhite

These are the results:

20 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Exactly the same  issue here with the my setup  kext and the kext attaching, no diferance its the same kext

Same results here. 

Only thing I dont understand is "reboot the system and boot using the second bootable drive"

Edited by Irish_Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dreamwhite said:

Good afternoon everyone, I succeeded patching the BCM94360NG on Sequoia. The only thing not working at the moment is AMFIPass.kext, which I replaced temporarily with amfi=0x80 boot-arg.

For following the thread, you can check here: https://macos86.it/topic/6464-sonoma-os-wi-fi-is-back/?do=findComment&comment=148698

Actually, it works!

1.png

• Like 8

I haven't been keeping accurate records of my time, but I am fairly certain that I am now spending more time getting macOS to work than I am doing actual work with macOS. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Stefanalmare

I see that the menu bar icon is greyed despite of the wifi is working. Same for me.

System Settings >> Network >> Wifi (Conectat): if you click here, does wifi info open?

In my case it doesn't open

Btw, my BT worked fine even before OCLP patches.

Edited by Irish_Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I haven't been keeping accurate records of my time, but I am fairly certain that I am now spending more time getting macOS to work than I am doing actual work with macOS. 😂

Last few years of hackintoshing for me in one simple sentence :D 

Just a quick update on my experience with Sequoia - I was able to install it (upgrade from Sonoma) without any issues on my Coconut rig. The only thing I did was to update OC and kext to DEV versions. Bluetooth is not working (yet) but that's expected. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Irish_Man said:

I had to revert OCLP patches because Preview and Mail app stopped working. 

It's working fine after I removed it.

There are many definitions of "it works" in the hackintosh community. It actually works is only one of them. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, dreamwhite said:

Good afternoon everyone, I succeeded patching the BCM94360NG on Sequoia. The only thing not working at the moment is AMFIPass.kext, which I replaced temporarily with amfi=0x80 boot-arg.

For following the thread, you can check here: https://macos86.it/topic/6464-sonoma-os-wi-fi-is-back/?do=findComment&comment=148698

Thank you for finding the method. However, I tried with BCM94360CS2 but it doesn't work:
- Wifi icon appears but cannot be found
- Wifi icon appears but the access point cannot be found ( i mean cannot found wifi to connect )
- Just can boot with amfi=0x80, if i use Amfipass.kext with or without -amfipassbeta, it will restart as soon as you choose to boot macOS

Maybe we have to keep waiting

• Like 2

8 hours ago, miliuco said:

@SavageAUS

@dreamwhite

These are the results:

Hi @miliuco its same here, tested kexts from italian forum, and Wi-Fi not Work, but AirDrop does receive and send. 

image.png.36e2361e8975c6b55e1814ca9b4ac061.png

• Like 6

Wi-Fi is 🤮
It's not Christmastime u cannot get everything what u want, some time you have to live with what you can get:moil:

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 03.26.55.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Irish_Man said:

I had to revert OCLP patches because Preview and Mail app stopped working. 

It's working fine after I removed it.

I also notice this

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Irish_Man said:

I had to revert OCLP patches because Preview and Mail app stopped working. It's working fine after I removed it.

It's the same for me. 

• Like 2

Guys... I bought a new monitor:

https://iiyama.com/es_es/productos/prolite-xcb4594dqsn-b1/

And Sequoia does not recognize the monitor resolution (5120x1440p@165Hz)

It stays at a very low resolution and looks like {censored}...  (the same thing happens in Sonoma...)

Capturadepantalla2024-06-22alas5_08_11.thumb.png.a528942a37c31ff1e25526a22cfc622c.png

On Windows it works wonderfully

Capturadepantalla2024-06-21132934.thumb.png.09a25390f38fa0a662a08d3c48868e48.png

I can adjust the resolution with SwitchRes, but I don't like that, should it work without doing anything, or does MacOS not support this screen format?

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

About this mac on Sequoia and now Sonoma are both showing a 3.7Ghz 12 Core Intel Xeon W when I have and AMD Ryzen 9 5900x.

It used to show properly but now in both OS it shows wrong.

I am using -revbeta flag with no luck.

Has this changed to 14.6 beta and 15?

38 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

About this mac on Sequoia and now Sonoma are both showing a 3.7Ghz 12 Core Intel Xeon W when I have and AMD Ryzen 9 5900x.

It used to show properly but now in both OS it shows wrong.

I am using -revbeta flag with no luck.

Has this changed to 14.6 beta and 15?

You may need to post your EFI for review.

• Like 1