[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

see pleace my Signature is this:

Hacki1 : MSI B250M Mortar Proz: Intel i5-7600; Grafik: Intel Graphic HD 630; RAM: Corsair 32 GB; NVmE M.2-SSD: 2x 1 TB; Sonoma 14.5; Sequoia 15.0-Beta1; Windows all 
  • Like 2

You can forget about this app: Quick Shade!!!

I don't want to constantly press 2 buttons, like the Command button and an additional button, to change the brightness!!

With the brightness slider I can set a single button and it works perfectly.

• Like 5

On 6/10/2024 at 4:59 PM, Takiller said:

Only the big guns are coming through and after such a long wait then I get this with my small gun 😭

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 22.55.43.png

What was your fix for this error message ?

Edited by mboy

14 hours ago, robi62 said:

Guys I fix brightness keys .

All it was I didnt have pnlf.aml in my config 😊

46034D18-6375-4E7F-B766-BDDE97E02EDF.jpeg

Hi can I have your config for hd620?

I cant get my hp 820 G4 to have graphics Tried many framebuffers but no luck

Sure here it is 

HD 620 intel HDMI LCD Fix.plist.zip

But need check what output you have, HDMI DP...

In my case I have config to LCD (internal) port0 and HDMI port1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2024 at 1:48 AM, Stefanalmare said:

After installing Sequoia on a few rigs, and supposing the existent EFI is well built and Sonoma bootable, the modifications I made for installing Sequoia without problems are:

1. For AVX2 processors:

- AMFIPass.kext disabled

- amfi=0x80 and -lilubetaall, boot-args

2. For non-AVX2 processors (core2 included):

- AMFIPass.kext disabled

- amfi=0x80 and -lilubetaall, boot-args

- "Disable Library Validation Enforcement" and "Disable _csr_check() in _vnode_check_signature" patches, enable in kernel/patch

No OCLP solution yet for any Sequoia patch.

Do you have any LGA775 Hackintoshs which can boot macOS 15.0 beta1 and waiting for update of OCLP ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mek21 said:

Thank you Robi62:

Here are the EFI's that hang the boot process after login with clover 5159 and opencore 101.

Using FakeSMC because VirtualSMC with SMCProcessor causes hang or KP since Ventura beta2.

Booting without SMCProcessor also causes hang with spinner after login, so no difference.

clover5159_config.plist 27.29 kB · 2 downloads opencore101_config.plist 38.98 kB · 5 downloads

hi you have not told me what specs is your Hackintosh

5 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have 3.

Can you share one of EFI in which has Gigabyte mainboard or CPU is Q8300 or Extreme 9650 ?

Because mine always got KP due to AppleACPIPlatform (6.1) during booting 15.0 beta while it works at Sonoma 14.5.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mboy said:

What was your fix for this error message ?

New installation and disable secureboot model in config.plist

Hello 😊

Well, I couldn't resist trying Sequoia

Capturadepantalla2024-06-20alas15_05_24.thumb.png.a47c7892e6e4977d3e6b24ffb3c729e3.png

At the moment it works very well on this hardware... but when the Ryzen 9000 comes out I'm going to try the 9950x, see if it still works like it does now 😅

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

At the moment it works very well on this hardware... but when the Ryzen 9000 comes out I'm going to try the 9950x, see if it still works like it does now 😅

Top build @PoMpIs 

Good to see the NootRX kext working with your 6700XT, Updating my EFI for the 5700X/6700XT combo next.

Edited by Craig Hazan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craig Hazan said:

Top build @PoMpIs 

Good to see the NootRX kext working with your 6700XT, Updating my EFI for the 5700X/6700XT combo next.

It's not the XT, it's the lower 6700 10GB model

But it works very well with NootRX... 👌

Capturadepantalla2024-06-20alas15_41_43.png.7f10a7823310f79caec1bacafe5e5156.png

Capturadepantalla2024-06-20alas15_43_02.png.b3205620e9946f3134dba822ca2207de.png

Capturadepantalla2024-06-20alas15_43_50.png.0b5ed8035d8f556741dbd3350eaf0dc1.png

But the system cannot be installed with kext (NootRX) activated... once installed it can be activated for the initial configuration of Sequoia

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

But the system cannot be installed with kext (NootRX) activated... once installed it can be activated for the initial configuration of Sequoia

It's the same with the NootedRed.kext, enabled it after reaching desktop. Thanks for the correction on your 6700.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Craig Hazan said:

It's the same with the NootedRed.kext, enabled it after reaching desktop. Thanks for the correction on your 6700.

I did some tests before, and if you activate it right in the last reboot that the installer does, it starts well to do the initial configuration with graphic acceleration......

because without acceleration it is not pleasant to do the initial configuration 😁

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

@Max.1974 Hello  you haven't responded to my last big PM yet?

Hi my friend, sorry late, my Job require at this weeks to much of my attention, I send an answer to you about your case. 

Best Regards!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you my friend Max, I have just read your last PM.
I didn't know that you were busy with urgent work. Everything is OK.

I will reply to your last PM right away.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Takiller said:

New installation and disable secureboot model in config.plist

Thanks,  I am now seeing this error message halfway thru the second step of the new installation:

image.thumb.png.a6624bb6e94f7fe6c789e8d62b386b43.png

50 minutes ago, mboy said:

Thanks,  I am now seeing this error message halfway thru the second step of the new installation:

I think you need to rebuild the USB installer with the DisableSecureModel in place.

Also if you haven't, insure the size of the USB drive is at least 16gb or over.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I think you need to rebuild the USB installer with the DisableSecureModel in place.

Also if you haven't, insure the size of the USB drive is at least 16gb or over.

The USB drive is 32 gb.  EFI for the installer has SecureBootModel set to Disabled in the Misc -> Security section.

• Like 1