[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

615 posts in this topic

@jsl2000 - The way I did mine albeit a clean install, I removed all the extra kexts that Sonoma needed for working WiFi (Ethernet was available).

Making sure all kexts and OC are of the latest versions, creating a virtual vanilla EFI Folder on the installer USB.

Boot off the installer, clean NvRAM at boot menu which induced a reboot and the installation continued onto Sequoia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

@maly70 - Insure you've updated lilu.kext to latest version that doesn't need the boot-arg -lilubetaall anymore.

While you're at it, check any other kext and OC version that also may need updating.

I installed into z590 Elite ax but still does not install into z590 vision G. I updated all kext files and I did resetNVRAM but still no go with z590 Vision G I am reinstalling Sequoia into z590 vision G now.... will let you know .. thanks mate

Edited by maly70
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

My LGA775 hackintosh can boot Sonoma 14.5 smoothly, but always got KP during booting macOS 15.0 beta1.

Any solution to fix it because enable IncreasePciBarSize not working ?

I don't have recent experience with 775, but if you haven't figured it out yet, this post from @Stefanalmare might help you.

On a separate note, how amazing is it that we're running Sequoia on our hacks?!?!  These hacks are the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Posted with my "new" (new for me) HackMini with RX560x running Sequoia Beta.

• Like 8

hi, at last it was installed z590 Vision G, I reinstalled over and now is working smoothly and fast. Thank you for all mates who helped me and special thanks to eSaF👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

I don't have recent experience with 775, but if you haven't figured it out yet, this post from @Stefanalmare might help you.

On a separate note, how amazing is it that we're running Sequoia on our hacks?!?!  These hacks are the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Thanks. Although I have followed these settings:

For non-AVX2 processors (core2 included):

- AMFIPass.kext disabled

- amfi=0x80 and -lilubetaall, boot-args

- "Disable Library Validation Enforcement" and "Disable _csr_check() in _vnode_check_signature" patches, enable in kernel/patch

But it's not working yet !

4 hours ago, deeveedee said:

You know what's funny? :))

My Hack (the one in my signature) was able to run Sequoia perfectly from the very beginning (just adding -lilubetaall) while my real Macs (a 2015 MBP and a 2013 MBP) are waiting for updates to OCLP. Yes, you can install it (though you should definitely do it on a separate partition at this point in time), but the patches are not updated yet, and without them....a lot of things don't work, most importantly, the graphics acceleration.

I'm sure the devs are working tirelessly and this is not to say that one is better than the other, they're totally different approaches on totally different hardwares. But I'm just saying: it's amazing to be able to just add a flag, run the installer, and have everything working perfectly on the first try.

I gotta say, that's pretty nice. :)

• Like 6

finally Skylake hp 1030 g1 trackpad working usb  wifi the only thing is brightness keys 

Any idea anyone??????

image.thumb.png.0093d168d093975cf251edddc4ef21f8.png

Edited by robi62
more info
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

it's not working yet !

Have you posted your current EFI anywhere for review?

1 hour ago, robi62 said:

finally Skylake hp 1030 g1 trackpad working usb  wifi the only thing is brightness keys 

Any idea anyone??????

can you post your EFI
you have no problem with LAPIC?
I have several HP but this with the i3-6006u processor presents Lapic error so forget for the moment to use "cpus=1" while waiting for the update

4 hours ago, PG7 said:
4 hours ago, PG7 said:

I have buttons via ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

Снимок экрана 2024-06-18 в 20.20.07.png

Edited by prud28
  • Like 1

any word on legacywifi, or Aquantia AQC107 support??

Just now, HBP said:

any word on legacywifi, or Aquantia AQC107 support??

I lost access in 14.5 and had to revery to 13.6.7 to get back my 10gig network and Wifi for airdrop.

Here im tested my Lenovo with Clover 5159 and Opencore 1.0.1 and both works fine and good!! 

Bluetooth 4.0 Kinivo works smooth and excellent dongle USB. 

Spoiler

image.png.a7d8e4701efe7e2039c354c44cc3c2b2.png

• Like 3

Guys I fix brightness keys .

All it was I didnt have pnlf.aml in my config 😊

46034D18-6375-4E7F-B766-BDDE97E02EDF.jpeg

7 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Here im tested my Lenovo with Clover 5159 and Opencore 1.0.1 and both works fine and good!! 

Bluetooth 4.0 Kinivo works smooth and excellent dongle USB. 

Hide contents

image.png.a7d8e4701efe7e2039c354c44cc3c2b2.png

Hi can I have your config for hd620?

I cant get my hp 820 G4 to have graphics Tried many framebuffers but no luck

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, robi62 said:

Guys I fix brightness keys .

All it was I didnt have pnlf.aml in my config 😊

46034D18-6375-4E7F-B766-BDDE97E02EDF.jpeg

Hi can I have your config for hd620?

I cant get my hp 820 G4 to have graphics Tried many framebuffers but no luck

hello @robi62 ... would it work if I copied this SSDT-PNFL.aml into my EFi-ACPI folder in my Hackintosh (see my signature) and then used the Brightnes.kext?

Could I then use the F1 and F2 keyboard keys on the Hackintosh to adjust the brightness?

I'm currently using the Brightnessslider.app

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

hello @robi62 ... would it work if I copied this SSDT-PNFL.aml into my EFi-ACPI folder in my Hackintosh (see my signature) and then used the Brightnes.kext?

Could I then use the F1 and F2 keyboard keys on the Hackintosh to adjust the brightness?

I'm currently using the Brightnessslider.app

Hi AlfredoM  there is no harm in trying if that don't work you can always use karabiner to map key for brightness

There is absolutely better app than the one you are using called quick shade from App Store you can map keys you want  for it

Edited by robi62
more info
  • Like 3

Yes, does this "Quick Shade" app also work on the Hackintosh or only on original Macs?
OK, I'll try it later on the Hacki with the .aml file inserted in ACPI and with the Brigthtnes.kext
Thanks for your info

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 8:56 AM, robi62 said:

Any idea anyone??????

Thank you Robi62:

Here are the EFI's that hang the boot process after login with clover 5159 and opencore 101.

Using FakeSMC because VirtualSMC with SMCProcessor causes hang or KP since Ventura beta2.

Booting without SMCProcessor also causes hang with spinner after login, so no difference.

clover5159_config.plist opencore101_config.plist

Edited by mek21
  • Like 1