[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

2,186 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

Did he work? I didn't see it.

Work if i have using the -lilubeta in boot arg, on Sonoma no need it, maybe waiting for the next build this kext Blutoolfixup

• Like 1

3 hours ago, strangeron said:

The system boots without problems, but the audio hardware is not detected

Same issue here.

• Like 3

Hello everyone

Today I spent some time with Sequoia Beta1 (clean install). After I upgraded to OC 1.0.0, I noticed 3 small errors when booting.

Here are excerpts from the log text file from the last boot:

00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for EnableForAll at 0 index, context <Quirks>!

00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for EnableForAll at 6 index, context <Quirks>!

00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for SkipCustomEntryCheck at 12 index, context <Boot>!

04:790 04:790 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
04:794 00:003 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
04:796 00:002 AAPL: #[EB|H:IS] 0

These are only cosmetic error messages, but I would still like to know how I can eliminate them.

Next, something strange.

I also have the WLAN-BT card type: BCM94360CD in use.
WiFI no longer works with the Broadcom, that's fine, but why does BT still work even though I've set everything related to BCM to false in Kexten. That's really strange, isn't it?

I have a nearly junk "Samsung A12" phone lying around here and have done some tests with BT (a few pictures), everything works perfectly from the phone to the hacki and vice versa.

I still have a problem with this beta, that the language cannot be changed, set the language in "clock options".

The clock should announce the time every 15 minutes.

I always had this "Yannek German" set on Sonoma, but that no longer works, as soon as you want to set the language in the clock options, the tool closes.

I have just solved this problem.
You have to go to "Accessibility" then "System voice" and then you can select the "System voice". Now "Yannick-extended" speaks again.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1

@AlfredoM "EnableForAll" and the other Quirks are not from the official OpenCore boot mager but from the modded version by btwise. So you need to use the modded version and update the config.plist.

PS: Updating the modded version of OpenCore with files from the official version will result in the quirks of the modded version not working, since the code required to run these quirks is not included.

21 hours ago, Anto65 said:

work for me , but with -lilubetaall

Well, I my Laptop requires 30+ kexts to work, so in my case I still need -lilubetaall.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Extreme™ said:

Same issue here.

AppleALC.kext updated recently and problem solved.

image.thumb.png.164c2c1f5aae55e2d0b810b16ec5be30.png

Edited by HyperX7
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I haven't tested yet. But when I tried this morning with the updated LiLu (without inserting the new AppleALC kext) and without -lilubetall in boot-args I also got a warning related to misconfigured memory.

I made a test for BlueToolFixup: https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/actions/runs/9537166163

I already added Sequoia support, so the -beta flag is no longer required. However, you must use the latest testing version of Lilu, with macOS 15 support.

If someone is interested, please try and report by using the Artifacts. Thanks.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlfredoM said:

Hello everyone

Today I spent some time with Sequoia Beta1 (clean install). After I upgraded to OC 1.0.0, I noticed 3 small errors when booting.

Here are excerpts from the log text file from the last boot:

00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for EnableForAll at 0 index, context <Quirks>!

00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for EnableForAll at 6 index, context <Quirks>!

00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for SkipCustomEntryCheck at 12 index, context <Boot>!

04:790 04:790 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
04:794 00:003 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
04:796 00:002 AAPL: #[EB|H:IS] 0

These are only cosmetic error messages, but I would still like to know how I can eliminate them.

Next, something strange.

I also have the WLAN-BT card type: BCM94360CD in use.
WiFI no longer works with the Broadcom, that's fine, but why does BT still work even though I've set everything related to BCM to false in Kexten. That's really strange, isn't it?

I have a nearly junk "Samsung A12" phone lying around here and have done some tests with BT (a few pictures), everything works perfectly from the phone to the hacki and vice versa.

I still have a problem with this beta, that the language cannot be changed, set the language in "clock options".

The clock should announce the time every 15 minutes.

I always had this "Yannek German" set on Sonoma, but that no longer works, as soon as you want to set the language in the clock options, the tool closes.

I have just solved this problem.
You have to go to "Accessibility" then "System voice" and then you can select the "System voice". Now "Yannick-extended" speaks again.

Are you can fix that run ocvalidate with terminal and you plist. 

Im send to you PM 

6 minutes ago, PMheart said:

I made a test for BlueToolFixup: https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/actions/runs/9537166163

If someone is interested, please try and report by using the Artifacts. Thanks.

Hi @PMheart first thanks for your time to us, so please, could explain if is possible use with another intel Bluetooth kexts? On my desktop im using Broadcom but my Lenovo im using a dongle (that working fine) until now. God Bless you all! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi @PMheart first thanks for your time to us, so please, could explain if is possible use with another intel Bluetooth kexts? On my desktop im using Broadcom but my Lenovo im using a dongle (that working fine) until now. God Bless you all! 

Did it work on macOS 14? If so, then it should be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PMheart said:

Did it work on macOS 14? If so, then it should be.

Hi @PMheart im using only Sequoia on my Lenovo, because can't install dual boot with Sonoma, but unfortunately im tested right now your kext and not works with another Kexts intel Bluetooth, and not works too with Kinivo BDT-400.

With this previous kext im using 2.6.9 (ziped from MaLD0n) working fine with Broadcom dongle. Not works with Intel BT too. 

BlueToolFixup.kext.zip 2.6.9 Works with BDT-400 Kinivo dongle usb Broadcom 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HyperX7 said:

What is your bluetooth chip?

I'm using usb bluetooth, normal works when using the boot arg : -lilubeta

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 11.54.32 AM.png

Edited by hiphopboy
  • Like 2

Installation:
There were no problems during the process.
Flags were not necessary. (no -lilubeta)

After Installation:
My sound card is not recognized.
Not bluetooth.
Wifi with Heliportimage.thumb.png.d25c54bc6409b4eca6eb7b6f5a09996a.png

• Like 3