[pre-release] macOS Sequoia

687 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, turko35408 said:

@Shaneee Have you tried it SecureBootModel= Disable?

Yeah tried that. I'm not that fussed tbh. Mostly use my desktop anyway but thought I'd try it on the laptop :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

Yeah tried that. I'm not that fussed tbh. Mostly use my desktop anyway but thought I'd try it on the laptop :D

I wrote in case you had forgotten with thoughtfulness:)

Booting clover 5158, Intel 520 grahics (spoofed to 620 for Sonoma) hangs at login screen (with spinner) after login, OC101 hangs at white apple on black background with partial progress bar.

Anyone have this issue/have a fix for this?

1 hour ago, dreamwhite said:

Good afternoon, please note that @Shaneee has a UHD 620, which is another iGPU. Yours is a HD620 which correctly needs 00001659 AAPL,ig-platform-id. Despite that, I wanna make you note that your graphics patch is possibly clogged, with lot of unnecessary patches, especially vendor-id patches

Hi Dreamwhite, thanks for your information. But my Laptop works very fine and awesome, e not have any issues, im pass many days and weeks tuning this graphic, with extract like vit9696 teach us in Dortania. 

@Max.1974 I see in your picture that Bluetooth is Enabled. I don't know what Wifi card you are using, is it Intel?. I wonder if it is possible to fix Bluetooth now or not. Hope you can answer, thanks

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't look closely. I mistakenly thought you were using macOS 15 Sequoia

Edited by kinhhoang161
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

My HDMI with Lenovo works awesome, im not use Sequoia because the Kexts for trackpad is not release, I guess.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1936d4ec23cbdb4b5b25a2618ba4fcfc.png

My Synaptics SMBus Clickpad is working fine now with the updated VoodooInput.kext.  I got it here:

Edited by mnfesq
  • Thanks 1

There is a problem with Intel i225/226 Ethernet cards. Seqouia could not finish 2-nd step of installation (if you start install in other system) and could not run USB install or Recovery. Hangs on apple logo with progress bar. That is because of not working NIC. To pass this step use AppleIGC.kext. After installation system will use original com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 and you can disable AppleIGC.kext. 

Edited by vandroiy2012
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vandroiy2012 said:

There is a problem with Intel i225/226 Ethernet cards. Seqouia could not finish 2-nd step of installation (if you start install in other system) and could not run USB install or Recovery. Stalls on apple logo with progress bar. That is because of not working NIC. To pass this step use AppleIGC.kext. After installation system will use original om.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 and you can disable AppleIGC.kext. 

Ok i'll give it a shot. thanks

Somehow it managed to install. Rather than booting the installer via USB I just ran an upgrade from System Settings and let it be. Only thing not working apart from the bluetooth is IntelMausi. No LAN detected. itlwm + Heliport is working though.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 19.07.50.png

• Like 3

updated via software update went smoothly, only thing i changed was to add -lilubetaall and updated AppleALC.

Opencore Legacy patcher doesn't support Sequoia yet so i can't patch Wifi.

image.png.60e540846a6ed1641ebfad5f713ada5e.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vandroiy2012 said:

There is a problem with Intel i225/226 Ethernet cards. Seqouia could not finish 2-nd step of installation (if you start install in other system) and could not run USB install or Recovery. Hangs on apple logo with progress bar. That is because of not working NIC. To pass this step use AppleIGC.kext. After installation system will use original com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000 and you can disable AppleIGC.kext. 

Could this be related to a panic I get when closing down to reboot or turn off as I have an Intel i226?

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8010dd3d86): IONetworkController.cpp:1093 Assertion failed: m

Edited by D-an-W
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

My Synaptics SMBus Clickpad is working fine now with the updated VoodooInput.kext.  I got it here:

Thanks a lot my friend 

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

My HDMI with Lenovo works awesome, im not use Sequoia because the Kexts for trackpad is not release, I guess.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1936d4ec23cbdb4b5b25a2618ba4fcfc.png

Don’t worry I’m wait (and now I will test new update kext for trackpad ) but if you use with Sequoia is work fine with Heliport and itlwm.kext

31 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Could this be related to a panic I get when closing down to reboot or turn off as I have an Intel i226?

Yep. Have the same panic with AppleIGC every time on reboot or poweroff. Disable AppleIGC after reaching desktop. Installed system can use original DEXT for i226

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Yep. Have the same panic with AppleIGC every time on reboot or poweroff. Disable AppleIGC after reaching desktop. Installed system can use original DEXT for i226

AppleIGC kext is not very well maintained. I've tested it on my Z490 system which has an Intel I225-V and I had issues like bad upload speeds, so I disabled it.

6 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

AppleIGC kext is not very well maintained. I've tested it on my Z490 system which has an Intel I225-V and I had issues like bad upload speeds, so I disabled it.

I know. But without it Sequoia installation fails😕

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Thanks!

Is it enough to set the max kernel to 23.9.9 as with AMFIPass.kext to prevent it loading (Testing now)?

EDIT: Disabling AppleIGC does fix the panic but leaves me without an internet connection as Wi-Fi patching is not currently supported. 

Any tips on getting Ethernet back up and running please?

EDIT: I now have Ethernet running ok without AppleIGC in Ventura but when rebooting to Sequoia using the same OC & Config it doesn't find the network adapter.

Edited by D-an-W
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vandroiy2012 said:

Additionally, if your laptop does not have an Ethernet card but has a Broadcom Wi-Fi card, consider using a USB to Ethernet adapter to prevent the installer from hanging on the Apple logo with a progress bar. You don't need a network connection to run the installer. Now I wonder whether Owner avatar OS-X-Null-Ethernet can be used to bypass this limitation...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi Dreamwhite, thanks for your information. But my Laptop works very fine and awesome, e not have any issues, im pass many days and weeks tuning this graphic, with extract like vit9696 teach us in Dortania. 

:) I know but using framebuffer-unifiedmem is bad unless strictly required (never had to use it from SKL to ICL to be fair)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

This change hase since been reverted. I guess it caused weird mouse cursor behavior.

Good evening, I just read it and another version was released. Here's the artifacts for anyone wondering: Artifacts.zip

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dreamwhite said:

:) I know but using framebuffer-unifiedmem is bad unless strictly required (never had to use it from SKL to ICL to be fair)

Yeap, I know my friend, btw I tested many ways and configs, just work to me HDMI with 4k with undefined. Thanks for TrackPad Kext it's working now!!  

image.thumb.png.499ae823d190d1963a20d585ac003633.png

Spoiler

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, dreamwhite said:

Good evening, I just read it and another version was released. Here's the artifacts for anyone wondering: Artifacts.zip

It work here HP Elitebook 840 G4 Thanks

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dreamwhite said:

It also works with VoodooPS2 👍

• Like 1