UHD 630 missing 5120x1440

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joevt said:

Maybe it's a bug in OC? Your config.plist had the following:

It seems like it should have loaded the WhateverGreen_joevt.kext version. Is OC not honoring the BundlePath?

That was odd to say the least. I renamed the stock WEG to WhateverGreen_Stock.kext and disabled it, and renamed yours to the standard name and it worked.

1 hour ago, joevt said:

You have some properties which might be interfering with a required patch:

Do you need all of these? Do you need force-online? Do you need AGDCDisabler? etc.

You have a hackintosh so maybe some of those are necessary. I have a real MacMini8,1 and don't use any of those settings.

I can certainly comment them out, those were only from my trials, and some i've left there as i plan to get the HDMI module. I'll see if i can gather better results without some of them.

1 hour ago, joevt said:

One issue I see is that the wrapGetMaxTiming method isn't getting called. It's the method that overrides the max width and height.

Would the boot arguments in anyway interfere with this (minus some precautions inside, dealing with Sequoia as well).

-v msgbuf=1048576 -liludbgall liludump=360 -lilubetaall -wegbeta -wegdbg -vsmcbeta keepsyms=1 darkwake=2 -iofbon -cdfon dpd=3 igfxmaxwidth=16384 igfxmaxheight=16380 igfxmaxscale=16383 igfxonln=1 igfxagdc=0 igfxfw=2 revpatch=sbvmm -no_compat_check

Edited by PlutoDelic

@joevt i've just removed igfxonln=1 igfxagdc=0 and we have the end result in hand :).

5120x1440@60Hz + HDR.

When i switched the HDR on, the display did not return a picture anymore, and it could be that it needs igfxonln=1 for that, but that's a problem for a different time.

Many many many thanks sir, you are truly a proper gentleman.

Some boot-args have config.plist device properties equivalents. One will override the other so make sure not to include both.

I think boot-args is easier to edit. Not sure if there's a length limit though.

Did HDR work at 3840 before changing the config.plist or boot-args?

Did you need to remove both igfxonln=1 and igfxagdc=0 to get 5120? Maybe only one of them needs to be removed.

8 hours ago, joevt said:

Some boot-args have config.plist device properties equivalents. One will override the other so make sure not to include both.

I think boot-args is easier to edit. Not sure if there's a length limit though.

Yea, i'll try in a bit to keep igfxonln=1 or the DeviceProperties equivalent, i prefer it that way anyway, makes it easier to have a shorter boot args for testing. Additionally, when i did the HDR switch, screen went off, i think this settings pretty much covers that issue?

8 hours ago, joevt said:

Did HDR work at 3840 before changing the config.plist or boot-args?

It did yes, but it looks like 8 bit HDR (scam hdr). I will most definitely leave it off, the greys are horrible.

PS, curiosity won me over and i tested once again the USB-C to HDMI cable. It still sits in 3820x1080 there, but so does Windows. Then i remembered that i have a Docking Station laying around that does also have a DP output, and got the same result from USB-C to DP (both OS's). I certainly hope this is the USB cable bandwidth and not the Module Interface bandwidth since my HDMI module will go there. It wouldn't make sense to shove a DP 1.4 ALT in there if it cannot push the whole bandwidth.

But at least now i understand why i kept having those different EDID devices, the Display showed a different ID when it was plugged to a HDMI, and now i understand why you wanted the AllRez from the display perspective :).

In about a week or two my HDMI Module should arrive. I suspect i will have to change AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x3E9B0007 to 0x3E9B0000 to use a custom connector configuration (2x DP + 1x HDMI). If my trials fail (and now i can peek to the log file), i may have to ask you a question now and then, but i'll make sure it's as the last resort. Any findings i manage to uncover here will end up on @deeveedee 's HackMini8,1 thread as part of the solutions.