[SOLVED] No Ethernet in Recovery

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

To install macos x i am required to have a connection to the servers to complete the online installation, but some why ethernet does not work in recovery. How can I fix this? I can use Onboard LAN (Attansic L1) and RTL8139D PCI Ethernet card. OSX Version: 10.11

Thanks

Edited by Wolfdale
solution

11 hours ago, Shaneee said:

I'm unsure what versions of macOS this supports but you can try adding the following kext for your onboard LAN,

I've tried alot of ethernet kexts but they don't seem to work at all including this one. Could it be a problem in online installer of el capitan?

On 6/2/2024 at 10:40 AM, Wolfdale said:

I've tried alot of ethernet kexts but they don't seem to work at all including this one. Could it be a problem in online installer of el capitan?

No, you have to find the kext for the ethernet controller.

For example

FakeSMC, VirtualSMC, LAN, Sound, Graphics - где взять кексты?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 10:18 PM, Wolfdale said:

Hello,

To install macos x i am required to have a connection to the servers to complete the online installation, but some why ethernet does not work in recovery. How can I fix this? I can use Onboard LAN (Attansic L1) and RTL8139D PCI Ethernet card. OSX Version: 10.11

Thanks

After fixing the USBEHCI spam problem with changing DSDT, the ethernet kext suddenly started working!

• Like 1