[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.9.9 >> 1.0.0 differences

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OpenCore 1.0.0 is out. Despite the version number, it is not a major change but rather one more step in the continuous evolution of OpenCore.
There are quite a few changes and improvements, updating is recommended.
You can get it from Acidanthera.

Main changes

• Updated builtin firmware versions for SMBIOS and the rest
  • Utilities now require macOS 10.9+ (OpenCore itself still supports macOS 10.4+)
  • Added AllowRelocationBlock support for 32-bit version
  • Fixed problem loading non-firmware runtime drivers (e.g. OpenRuntime.efi) in OpenDuet
  • Fixed alphabetical ordering in Configuration.pdf.

Config.plist

• Added Booter -> Quirks -> AllowRelocationBlock (support for 32-bit OpenCore): this quirk is needed to boot macOS 10.6 and older with 32-bit kernel in 32-bit OVMF. Hibernation wake is not compatible with this quirk.
  • Sample.plist and SampleCustom.plist: The settings required to reactivate the Broadcom Wi-Fi that have lost support in Sonoma have been added, they are the ones that we already use proposed by OCLP.

Kexts

• AppleALC 1.9.0
  • HibernationFixup 1.5.0
  • VoodooInput 1.1.4.

Edited by miliuco
Fix typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@miliuco Great summary as always.  I see that VoodooInput has been updated, but VoodooPS2 has not.

According to this, "WARNING: This kernel extension [VoodooInput] is designed to be bundled with a dedicated multitouch client driver and exists for the developers only. Please download the latest version of VoodooPS2 or VoodooI2C to make use of this kext."

Just curious as to why developer kext VoodInput was updated without updating the end-user kexts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have found that no boot screenshot is possible in OC1.0.0 despite the screenshot in the driver.

When I press F10 in the boot menu, I see a .png file in the EFI folder but with 0 bytes, i.e. an empty file.

With OC 0.9.4 it worked without any problems.

What is the problem? Thanks for the info

50 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

I have found that no boot screenshot is possible in OC1.0.0 despite the screenshot in the driver.

When I press F10 in the boot menu, I see a .png file in the EFI folder but with 0 bytes, i.e. an empty file.

With OC 0.9.4 it worked without any problems.

What is the problem? Thanks for the info

Screenshots still work in OC 1.0.1. I just tested it. Must be a config issue on your end.

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2024 at 2:48 PM, deeveedee said:

@miliuco Great summary as always.  I see that VoodooInput has been updated, but VoodooPS2 has not.

According to this, "WARNING: This kernel extension [VoodooInput] is designed to be bundled with a dedicated multitouch client driver and exists for the developers only. Please download the latest version of VoodooPS2 or VoodooI2C to make use of this kext."

Just curious as to why developer kext VoodInput was updated without updating the end-user kexts.

VoodooInput is present as a plugin in VoodooPS2 as well as VoodooRMI. Since Trackpads which require VoodooRMI would not work in Sequoia, the kext has been updated as a quick response fix, I guess.

Posted (edited)

@AlfredoM

Screenshots by F10 are working fine for me with 1.0.0. I get BMP files in the active EFI partition (despite the driver is set to output PNG files, I guess it's related to the BIOS of my motherboard, maybe only handles BMP).

Edited by miliuco
Typo

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@AlfredoM

Screenshots by F10 are working fine for me with 1.0.0. I get BMP files in the active EFI partition (despite the driver is set to output PNG files, I guess it's related to the BIOS of my motherboard, maybe only handles BMP).

I tried again to create a screenshot of the Open Core Bootloader and was successful. But the photo was created as a PNG file, not as a BMP. Can you set the format in which a screenshot is created in the config.plist?

Edited by AlfredoM

2 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

I tried again to create a screenshot of the Open Core Bootloader and was successful. But the photo was created as a PNG file, not as a BMP. Can you set the format in which a screenshot is created in the config.plist?

@deeveedee What and especially where could something be configured incorrectly so that no 0 byte .png screenshot file is created???

8 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

@deeveedee What and especially where could something be configured incorrectly so that no 0 byte .png screenshot file is created???

Load The PNG File Into Preview And Save As BMP

@AlfredoM

Image format is set in the source code, in the OpenCorePkg/Platform/CrScreenshotDxe/CrScreenshotDxe.c file. You must change the file and compile OpenCore. By default it's PNG. I'm not sure how it can be changed.

But as I said I get BMP files instead of PNG, I suppose that it's something related to the BIOS of my motherboard.