[NOT SOLVED BUT I GAVE UP] Lenovo T470S - Battery Patch Help

kinhhoang161

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. i just hackedintosh on my Lenovo T470S. Everything works perfectly except my Battery. it doesn't work.

Lenovo Thinkpad T470s
Processor and Chipset: Intel Core i5 6300u / Intel Skylake 100 series chipset
Graphics: Intel HD 520
Storage: SN530
RAM: 12 GB DDR4
1 x Synaptics SMBUS Trackpad + Trackpoint
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x USB 3.0 card reader
3 x USB 3.0 type a ports
1 x TB3/USB C port
1 x HDMI port
1 x 3.5mm mic/headphone jack

I have researched and learned that my Laptop has 2 batteries and I have learned a bit of ACPI code and patched SSDT-BATC. I use SSDT-BATC included with ECEnabler.kext and Battery works

I thought everything was fine but no. I realized that my battery is only taking half its capacity. My battery as far as I know it has ~4k4 mAh but the macos side only receives ~2k mAh. I have searched and patched a lot but the number still only stops at ~2kmAh (sometimes down to 1k7). With such a battery capacity, I cannot use it without a charger. help me please. Thank you very much

Here are the SSDTs I use.

DSDT.amlSSDT-BATC.amlSSDT-BATT.amlSSDT-BATS.aml

And here are my EFI: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kGc-jP1iGVGp8WX4TIJWuX80VHp4e-BV/view?usp=sharing

Edited by kinhhoang161
update information

Battery is not controlled by macOS at least on Hackintosh. It is just a source of energy.

Can you watch youtube in WIndows more then 30 minute?

I may propose to use my set on sensors including CPU sensor and the battery sensors. My version controls two batteries.

The link is in my signature. Remove VirtualSMC with all plugins and install my FakeSMC with IntelCpuMonitor, SMIMonitor (it si intended for Dell specifically), VoodooBatterySMC.

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Battery is not controlled by macOS at least on Hackintosh. It is just a source of energy.

Can you watch youtube in WIndows more then 30 minute?

I may propose to use my set on sensors including CPU sensor and the battery sensors. My version controls two batteries.

The link is in my signature. Remove VirtualSMC with all plugins and install my FakeSMC with IntelCpuMonitor, SMIMonitor (it si intended for Dell specifically), VoodooBatterySMC.

I can't watch youtube (1920x1080) more than 30p, only about ~30p my laptop is out of battery.... i also used kext CPUFriend + CPUFriendFriend (with 800mhz ) but still the same... i will try remove VirtualSMC and use yourr kextimage.png.c5d900d658ea20ea63741ef3befc2f7b.png

MY BATTERY INFORMATION: 

image.png.93b81577fe9d7d472d62b301bf757362.png

image.png

Edited by kinhhoang161

7 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Not need to use ECEnabler

without ECEnabler. my battery was hidden and not show anything

15 hours ago, Slice said:

Show screenshot from Windows.

i just removed window disk to make a complete macos install. maybe ill show you later but 100% my battery in window is OK

Edited by kinhhoang161