Intel pentium silver n6005

Karle Martinez

32 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to get my computer to work. Intel pentium silver n6005. I've tried it with Clover, What version do I use, Big Sur?

I attach the properties of the computer

Some time ago I asked, and they answered me:

I have tried the following facpuid: 806EC AND A0655 They are the ones with which he has arrived the most, but it restarts.

thanks in advance

EFI.zip.pdf n6005.htm

Your CPU is Jasper Lake not supported by macOS. You'd better to fake it as 0x806EC  and you also should fake your GPU to one supported and choose appropriate ig-platform-id. But I have no experience with such hardware to advice something.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Karle Martinez said:

Hi, I'm trying to get my computer to work. Intel pentium silver n6005. I've tried it with Clover, What version do I use, Big Sur?

I attach the properties of the computer

Some time ago I asked, and they answered me:

I have tried the following facpuid: 806EC AND A0655 They are the ones with which he has arrived the most, but it restarts.

thanks in advance

EFI.zip.pdf 6.69 MB · 1 download n6005.htm 659.21 kB · 2 downloads

your pentium graphics is not supported 

18 hours ago, Karle Martinez said:

Thanks for the answer, can you tell me where I can see the boot.log, my computer is Windows.

I have to propose that you failed to boot macOS and successfully boot Windows on the same computer. Yes?

The procedure will be as follow.

Boot into Clover GUI. Press F2 key. Press Space on the macOS entry. Choose verbose boot "-v". Look what is happen and be ready to photo the screen.

Boot into Windows and find your EFI folder. Search here /EFI/CLOVER/misc/preboot.log. Zip and upload it here.

• Like 1

I do not know very well what kind of graphics it has, on some website it says that they are GT1, in Arturia it says GT2. If it really is GT2 has more chances to work?

What I do not understand, why does not start the installation even without graphics, in another minipc (celeron) that I had if I started with chameleon (legacy) with something like (-x -f -F).

6 hours ago, Karle Martinez said:

I do not know very well what kind of graphics it has, on some website it says that they are GT1, in Arturia it says GT2. If it really is GT2 has more chances to work?

What I do not understand, why does not start the installation even without graphics, in another minipc (celeron) that I had if I started with chameleon (legacy) with something like (-x -f -F).

your pentium graphics has no support under macOS as Apple do not use that hardware, you will not get hardware acceleration 

That's what I want to achieve, if I don't have graphic acceleration, be without graphic acceleration, you could help me, what commands you used, I do not get it with clover, nor do I know if there is any kext that interferes, your help would be very useful. Thanks in advance

Edited by Karle Martinez

Looking at the EFI folder you attached, it seems to be EFI from another community site, and there are a lot of unnecessary ACPI patches and unnecessary Kext and settings.

And, if you can't boot, take a picture of the log and attach it.

• -f boot arg is meaningless to use from OS X Yosemite 10.10 and later.
  • I think -x boot arg is unnecessary.

You need to look at the overall log screen to find the reason for not booting.

I created an EFI folder with the Clover bootloader r5154.
Try replacing it with the EFI folder attached below and rebooting it.

EFI-N6005-Clover.zip

5 hours ago, Slice said:

It looks like the CPU encounter non-supported instruction.

4 hours ago, Karle Martinez said:

I think the preboot is almost identical

preboot.log 50.03 kB · 4 downloads

See

0:108  0:000   The CPU not supported RDRAND

I don't remember why it is needed.

Also you should look you config.plist->Quirks. Maybe some of them are wrong set.

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/wiki/OC-integration#quirks-