macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
791 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I have an app that I use daily that require SIP to be fully disabled.  Can someone who has wifi working please test this csr-active-config to see if it works with the OLCP patch?

csr-active-config=6F020000

Thanks.

AFAIK the bit 0x800 needed for OCLP so

<6F0A0000> at least.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@cankiulascmnfye Sorry but a stupid question from me, The highlighted says to only run OCLP patch once the kexts and changes are injected so from my view must this be done after I create the EFI and a reboot then I run the OCLP patch? If yes, after I create the EFI and reboot then I have not network, no bluetooth, no thunderbolt as per my screenshot above. This all disappears when I boot with the edited EFI before running the patch. Or do I create the EFI, run the patch and then reboot?

Edited by surenmunoo

Just now, cankiulascmnfye said:

@surenmunoo Root patching affects macOSes system partition, not the EFI. So, if you've created a fresh install of macOS or upgraded or updated. You have to re-apply the patches with OCLP.

I am creating the fresh install from Ventura using my normal EFI, system installs Sonoma using my normal EFI that I boot into Ventura with which does not have these IOkext changes etc. After Sonoma is installed, I reboot and select the EFI that I created which has the edits and then that's where the problem starts, takes long to boot after verbose, I get black screen for 5 minutes, then Sonoma starts and I have no ethernet, BT etc. Do I still run the patch with none of those things showing.

Thanks for your time and help to fix this mate 👍

7 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@surenmunoo Root patching affects macOSes system partition, not the EFI. So, if you've created a fresh install of macOS or upgraded or updated. You have to re-apply the patches with OCLP.

If I turn off this in kernel, Block then I can boot quickly into Sonoma and network and win etc works. I enable it again and it blocks everything for me

image.thumb.png.e925968005c6524b697152b53988616b.png

7 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Hey Guys, Looking for help here. So I made another EFi with the changes needed for the Broadcom BCM4360 M.2 wifi card. I can boot into Sonoma but I get black screen for 5 minutes before Sonona actually loads, when it loads it shows patches are done but I have no more bluetooth, network cards and yes no wifi as well. Config attached. If I re-install Sonoma (3rd time going now) I can boot is fast like Ventura. 

image.thumb.png.f8797993148912957e288f79296dcf18.pngimage.thumb.png.a3fcbaa730d7c2ac4e8fbd443afb2310.png

config.plist.zip 5.6 kB · 8 downloads

I saw your config plist, and maybe you should try exclude UsbinjectAll.kext because you already have Usbports.kext and mapping (I guess) so, this cause conflicts.

In your MOBO are you have only one Fenvi Card combo, or have another (onboard like intel) original from your MOBO model? 

I was have issues with Z790 usb ports, nothing fixes until make my on SSDT Mapping ports like OC Little Translate USB Mapping from Git Hub user

Captura de Tela 2023-07-26 às 09.34.21.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

I saw your config plist, and maybe you should try exclude UsbinjectAll.kext because you already have Usbports.kext and mapping (I guess) so, this cause conflicts.

It's disabled, no?

1209266038_ScreenShot2023-07-26at8_59_40AM.png.11573c0f243c9ab8de85b05328e51b1c.png

1 minute ago, deeveedee said:

It's disabled, no?

1209266038_ScreenShot2023-07-26at8_59_40AM.png.11573c0f243c9ab8de85b05328e51b1c.png

That's truth but it's possible give conflicts if he used Reset DSDT to remap his usb ports. 

Im broke my head and hours and days until fix that with one tutorial from USB Map OC Little Translate from Git Hub MF* user

It's hard but work. 

Z790 is different and complicated MOBO series. 

I'm still stuck on Sonoma beta1 for a reason. Some programs cannot be used on Sonoma beta2 or later.
Also I patched with OCLP 0.6.8 but no luck, network not showing on Fenvi T919, am I doing something wrong?
1.png.bfa6fb6aaefd7e75f3b3232b6a14a347.png
2.thumb.png.4b29c7052d9133947fa514a3ff79fcd5.png
3.thumb.png.93cfb876c3a622e6e1c2a6bc62910855.png
4.thumb.png.7f4c6f6d0e5ecde8bc7b34cea4791c56.png

There have been plenty of ways posted to get the full installer for each beta, no reason to be stuck on beta 1. For the wifi patching to be successful you will need to update to the latest beta and follow the instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I turn off this in kernel, Block then I can boot quickly into Sonoma and network and win etc works. I enable it again and it blocks everything for me

image.thumb.png.e925968005c6524b697152b53988616b.png

To fix the black screen delay take a look at whatever green, in particular the boot args attached.
For wifi follow the instructions carefully and as long as you have a supported chip it will work. Just takes some tinkering and patience.
Make sure you set the min and max kernel for the OCLP Kexts to be able to boot Ventura still.
Make sure you set the nvram correctly amfi and secure boot and exclude the skywalk kext from macOS.
As previously mentioned the OCLP patcher patches your macOS installation, not your EFI folder. So if your using multiple EFI’s make sure the one you use for Sonoma has the correct settings and Kexts. Don’t forget to clean NVRAM.
ee2fd89f2794ae305395f41d3d72c1a0.jpg
For my laptops I need to use -igfxblr and -igfxblt I believe and this corrected the black screen delay.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

There have been plenty of ways posted to get the full installer for each beta, no reason to be stuck on beta 1. For the wifi patching to be successful you will need to update to the latest beta and follow the instructions.

To fix the black screen delay take a look at whatever green, in particular the boot args attached.
For wifi follow the instructions carefully and as long as you have a supported chip it will work. Just takes some tinkering and patience.
Make sure you set the min and max kernel for the OCLP Kexts to be able to boot Ventura still.
Make sure you set the nvram correctly amfi and secure boot and exclude the skywalk kext from macOS.
As previously mentioned the OCLP patcher patches your macOS installation, not your EFI folder. So if your using multiple EFI’s make sure the one you use for Sonoma has the correct settings and Kexts. Don’t forget to clean NVRAM.
ee2fd89f2794ae305395f41d3d72c1a0.jpg
For my laptops I need to use -igfxblr and -igfxblt I believe and this corrected the black screen delay.

For my Z790 it seems that exclusion under kernel-block is causing my long boot delays and it seems to be blocking both my network ports, the I226-V and Aquantia port and my HS14 usb, SSP1 and 2 Thunderbolts to not show when I enable that. Is there any way to get wireless to work without that exclusion 

5 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@cankiulascmnfye

It's back again

Yay. I am getting an 27" iMac 11,3 tomorrow which I bought for dirt cheap. Then I can finally test it on a real Mac :) I already bought the i7 870 Upgrade for it for 10 bucks (2 CPUs actually, shipping iincluded). But I think Sonoma is out of the picture at the moment. I think I need a GPU upgrade which requires flashing a modded vbios and a different GPU cooler or whatever.  I save that for another day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

In your MOBO are you have only one Fenvi Card combo, or have another (onboard like intel) original from your MOBO model? 

I was have issues with Z790 usb ports, nothing fixes until make my on SSDT Mapping ports like OC Little Translate USB Mapping from Git Hub user

Captura de Tela 2023-07-26 às 09.34.21.png

Can you share your Z790 EFI that works with wifi BCM4360 or Fenvi so that I can compare. My issue is that exclusion in kernel-block that is causing issues for me. I have closed all my problems down to just that. If I remove that system works. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

AFAIK, you should use either or, not both. -igfxblr is for ≤ Monterey and -igfxblt is for Ventura and newer. I know because my laptop requires a backlight fix as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Yay. I am getting an 27" iMac 11,3 tomorrow which I bought for dirt cheap. Then I can finally test it on a real Mac :) I already bought the i7 870 Upgrade for it for 10 bucks (2 CPUs actually, shipping iincluded). But I think Sonoma is out of the picture at the moment. I think I need a GPU upgrade which requires flashing a modded vbios and a different GPU cooler or whatever.  I save that for another day.

Oh, cool, but that's a really old Mac but it's gonna be fun nonetheless lol

On 7/26/2023 at 9:03 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Oh, cool, but that's a really old Mac but it's gonna be fun nonetheless lol

I look at it more like a decorative piece of tech for my living room to browse the web or do some writing or office stuff.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

AFAIK, you should use either or, not both. -igfxblr is for ≤ Monterey and -igfxblt is for Ventura and newer. I know because my laptop requires a backlight fix as well.

I tried all combinations, no problem using both. Question is - is it needed? Answer is - No. One will work for sure. 

BTW my Dell 7400 also have this problem in Ventura and I'm using -igfxblr because -igfxblt stopped working at some point. Weird.

Edited by CloverLeaf

1 hour ago, surenmunoo said:

Can you share your Z790 EFI that works with wifi BCM4360 or Fenvi so that I can compare. My issue is that exclusion in kernel-block that is causing issues for me. I have closed all my problems down to just that. If I remove that system works. 

Here two EFI different. Not created by OCLP.

NOT FOR OCLP

Its better you read the post

Here is ONE EFI. Not created by OCLP that is for Machintoshes computers. 

Use your onwn EFI modified like mine to put kexts and after that, give a Reset NVRam and run EFI on boot. 

Then run OCLP to Start Rooting your macOS SONOMA, reboot with EFI modified like mine, and should works. 

Don't forget edit config.plist with SecureBootModel like mine from EFI below.  

I try and works compiled my Opencore Legacy Patcher, and use with OCLP 0.6.8 works for SONOMA BETA 3 and 4

Its very IMPORTANT FOR YOU REMAP YOUR USB PORTS AND TRY USE YOUR OWN SSDTS

image.png.98cd064a32754addf96e18e9579710b3.png

FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL

credits is for @ichelash 

WORKS 100% TO INSTALL OCLP 0.6.8 COMPILED BY MY SELF

563610857_EFISONOMAOCLPAIRDROP240720232.zip

Here is an special SSDT compiled to not conflict with USBPORTS

ITS ONLY FOR GIGABYTE AORUS Z790 ELITE AX rev.1

SSDT-USB-AORUS ELITE AX USBPORTS COMPILED.aml.zip

I follow this tutorial for min SSDT

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports

Thanks All 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2