macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
791 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

This guide is completeley obsolete, since AMFIPass has now been available publicly on OCLPs repositiory…

That’s correct but nonetheless @deeveedee post is an excellent guide for anyone who wants to have the EFI created by OCLP for another purpose (read patches, check values or keys, etc.).

• Like 4

@mnfesq  I'm not an ACPI snob, so you won't find me berating you for using a DSDT.  I only chose to migrate my HackBookPro6,2 from a DSDT to SSDT hot-patches because I'm a masochist.  Attached is a slightly revised EFI with the following changes:

• Removed your SSDT-ARPT so that you have all your ACPI patches in the DSDT
  • Modified your DSDT so that the required Wi-Fi spoofing is in the DSDT.  No need to rename PXSX->ARPT (my fault, since it was an early iteration of my Wi-Fi spoofing attempts)
  • Removed your ACPI > Patch which renamed PXSX -> ARPT (not needed and AirportBrcmFixup will "rename" it.
  • Removed Kernel > Add > AirportBrcmFixup-Sonoma.kext.  Again, my fault, since it was an early iteration of my Wi-Fi spoofing attempts.

You can diff your original config.plist with mine to see the differences.  Look in my revised DSDT at Method RP06.PXSX._DSM() to see my Wi-Fi changes.

The only ACPI patch required for Wi-Fi spoofing is the patch to change IOName.

Let me know how this works for you.  It would probably be best to continue this discussion via PM so we don't clobber this thread.

mnfesq's EFI Deeveedee.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

@mnfesq Attached is a slightly revised EFI with the following changes:

• Modified your DSDT so that the required Wi-Fi spoofing is in the DSDT.  No need to rename PXSX->ARPT (my fault, since it was an early iteration of my Wi-Fi spoofing attempts)
  • Removed your ACPI > Patch which renamed PXSX -> ARPT (not needed and AirportBrcmFixup will "rename" it.
  • Removed Kernel > Add > AirportBrcmFixup-Sonoma.kext.  Again, my fault, since it was an early iteration of my Wi-Fi spoofing attempts.

Let me know how this works for you.

I am sure it will work fine until the next update.  I will follow-up then to see if these changes allow the OCLP pop-up to let me know that I need to re-patch my wifi post-beta 6 install.

Edited by mnfesq

19 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@mnfesq  I'm not an ACPI snob, so you won't find me berating you for using a DSDT.  I only chose to migrate my HackBookPro6,2 from a DSDT to SSDT hot-patches because I'm a masochist.  Attached is a slightly revised EFI with the following changes:

You can diff your original config.plist with mine to see the differences.  Look in my revised DSDT at Method RP06.PXSX._DSM() to see my Wi-Fi changes.

The only ACPI patch required for Wi-Fi spoofing is the patch to change IOName.

Let me know how this works for you.  It would probably be best to continue this discussion via PM so we don't clobber this thread.

mnfesq's EFI Deeveedee.zip 2.03 MB · 25 downloads

This did not work for me in Sonoma.  Wifi was active but could not find any wireless networks.  Caution to anyone else who downloaded my revised EFI.

@deeveedee and @mnfesq

I moved your WiFi related posts here so you can discuss the issue here.

7 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

This did not work for me in Sonoma.  Wifi was active but could not find any wireless networks.  Caution to anyone else who downloaded my revised EFI.

Did you install Root Patches with OCLP afterwards?

• Like 2

As grateful as I am to the OCLP Devs for the hard work and what they achieved regaining WiFi on our Hacks, I hope they can find a way (if possible) to apply the patch with an Unbroken or a way to restore the Snap Shot Seal after patching and SIP can be enabled.

I hate running my machine so open and naked or am I wishing for unicorn manure?

• Like 1

@mnfesq ditto Cyberdev's advice. If that still doesn't work, it would be helpful to see your full EFI (without kexts removed) and please provide your IOReg dump (with IORegistry Explorer 2.1) after booting with the modified EFI. Thanks.

@mnfesq I just looked through the changes I made for you and don't see any issues.  I assumed that your EFI still includes AirportBrcmFixup.kext, but I couldn't be sure since the Kexts folder was empty.  Again, make sure you apply OCLP 0.6.9 (Sonoma nightly build from here) post-install patches after booting with the revised EFI and confirm that OCLP patcher detects Modern Wireless for patching.  If you're still stuck, please post the new EFI that is currently not working for you (keeping as much of the OC content as possible without deleting it), post your IORegistry Explorer 2.1 dump (after booting with the revised EFI, and confirm your Wi-Fi card model / chipset.  I know we'll figure this out.  

If the upload is too big, you can delete the Boot, OC/Drivers, OC/Tools and OC/Resources folders before uploading the compressed EFI.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

Just now, deeveedee said:

@mnfesq ditto Cyberdev's advice. If that still doesn't work, it would be helpful to see your full EFI (without kexts removed) and please provide your IOReg dump (with IORegistry Explorer 2.1) after booting with the modified EFI. Thanks.

Or have a look @miliuco link 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

As grateful as I am to the OCLP Devs for the hard work and what they achieved regaining WiFi on our Hacks, I hope they can find a way (if possible) to apply the patch with an Unbroken or a way to restore the Snap Shot Seal after patching and SIP can be enabled.

I hate running my machine so open and naked or am I wishing for unicorn manure?

I'm not gonna burst your bobble, but I doubt that's gonna happen, even using OCLP on Macs requires the SIP to be set to 030800000 and seal breaks after installing the root patches, but we're talking about making impossibilities to possibilities all over lol! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@mnfesq I just looked through the changes I made for you and don't see any issues.  I assumed that your EFI still includes AirportBrcmFixup.kext, but I couldn't be sure since the Kexts folder was empty.  Again, make sure you apply OCLP 0.6.9 (Sonoma nightly build from here) post-install patches after booting with the revised EFI and confirm that OCLP patcher detects Modern Wireless for patching.  If you're still stuck, please post the new EFI that is currently not working for you (keeping as much of the OC content as possible without deleting it), post your IORegistry Explorer 2.1 dump (after booting with the revised EFI, and confirm your Wi-Fi card model / chipset.  I know we'll figure this out.  

If the upload is too big, you can delete the Boot, OC/Drivers, OC/Tools and OC/Resources folders before uploading the compressed EFI.

From what I could tell after testing it several times this morning, the problem is related to the csr-active-config 6F020000.  Completely disabling SIP does not work with the OCLP patch for me.  FF0F0000 does work and allows most but not all of the apps I need with SIP disabled to run.  I will try testing further with FF0F0000 to see if wifi works in Sonoma after patching with that csr-active-config.  I only posted a warning in the Sonoma thread after Cyberdevs advised to go PM because 25 people had downloaded your revised EFI.

Edited by mnfesq

10 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

From what I could tell after testing it several times this morning, the problem is related to the csr-active-config 6F020000.  Completely disabling SIP does not work with the OCLP patch for me.  FF0F0000 does work and allows most but not all of the apps I need with SIP disabled to run.  I will try testing further with FF0F0000 to see if wifi works in Sonoma after patching with that csr-active-config.  I only posted a warning in the Sonoma thread after Cyberdevs advised to go PM because 25 people had downloaded your revised EFI.

The PM advise wasn't meant for you! Sorry for the confusion.

The SIP should be set to 03800000 any other configuration seems to fail.

and the instructions on how to use OCLP has been mentioned more than once in case you missed it:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/356881-pre-release-macos-sonoma/?do=findComment&comment=2808646

• Like 3

Updated instructions for patching WiFi with a modified version of OCLP. Covers clean install as well (which can be a real headache): https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/WIiFi_Sonoma.md

I created this guide from a to z while working on enabling WiFi at the same time!

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The PM advise wasn't meant for you! Sorry for the confusion.

The SIP should be set to 03800000 any other configuration seems to fail.

and the instructions on how to use OCLP has been mentioned more than once in case you missed it:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/356881-pre-release-macos-sonoma/?do=findComment&comment=2808646

Thanks for the clarification.  This all started because I have apps that require SIP to be disabled.  Most of those apps will work with FF0F0000 but one app in particular requires SIP to be completely disabled, which is 6F020000.  This latter csr-active-config will not work with OCLP wireless patches, either to apply them or even post install.  However, FF0F0000 will work post install.  That means that I have to change my csr-active-config to 03080000 before applying the OCLP wireless patches after any update. Then I can revert to FF0F0000 to make my apps, such as XtraFinder, work.

@deeveedee Good job, my friend.  This seems to be working just fine.  I will report back after the update to beta 6 to confirm that OCLP will detect my wifi device for reapplication of the OCLP wireless patches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

@deeveedee Good job, my friend.  This seems to be working just fine.  I will report back after the update to beta 6 to confirm that OCLP will detect my wifi device for reapplication of the OCLP wireless patches.

Glad to hear.  I didn't look at your SIP settings and just left them unchanged.  Looking forward to hearing more after you test the next macOS upgrade.

EDIT: Now that we have validated Wi-Fi spoofing so that the official, unmodified OCLP (Sonoma build) can be used to patch "unsupported" Wi-Fi, there will be a new guide posted for spoofing Wi-Fi for OCLP patching.  Until this new guide is posted, I have attached a sample plist to this post.  The sample plist includes configuration items relevant to OCLP post-install patching, including SIP.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

5 horas atrás, cankiulascmnfye disse:

Instruções atualizadas para corrigir o WiFi com uma versão modificada do OCLP após uma instalação limpa (o que pode ser uma verdadeira dor de cabeça): https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/WIiFi_Sonoma.md

Eu criei este guia de a a z enquanto trabalhava para ativar o WiFi ao mesmo tempo.

Thanks for all your guides, help a lot of people that you can't imagine. Thanks!!! 

• Like 4

Another quick update with my Dell 7400.

SD Card Reader is fully functional with Sonoma Beta 5 (didn't work with previous beta versions) both hot/cold plug - ✓

Battery was tested thorougly and it holds charge just like in Windows - ✓

I am happy! Thank you devs! :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CloverLeaf said:

Another quick update with my Dell 7400.

SD Card Reader is fully functional with Sonoma Beta 5 (didn't work with previous beta versions) both hot/cold plug - ✓

Battery was tested thorougly and it holds charge just like in Windows - ✓

I am happy! Thank you devs! :) 

Hi, can you tell me what you did with battery to make it work like in windows? Thanks. 

15 hours ago, deeveedee said:

EDIT: Now that we have validated Wi-Fi spoofing so that the official, unmodified OCLP (Sonoma build) can be used to patch "unsupported" Wi-Fi, there will be a new guide posted for spoofing Wi-Fi for OCLP patching.  Until this new guide is posted, I have attached a sample plist to this post.  The sample plist includes configuration items relevant to OCLP post-install patching, including SIP.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

ipc_control_port_options=0. It's only required if Graphics Patches are applied (≤ Skylake)!!!

My understanding of the boot argument is this.

ipc_control_port_option=0 boot-arg is needed as a workaround for Firefox and Electron apps not working when SIP and AMFI are disabled regardless of any root patches applied or not at all.

ipc_control_port_option=0 boot-arg is not needed if AMFIPass.kext is used which makes it "not a requirement" for anything.

Why is this boot argument "only required" for patches you describe above?

Please correct me as I may be wrong.

On 8/8/2023 at 7:39 AM, cankiulascmnfye said:

There are patches that require to disable AMFI. Installing drivers for NVIDIA  Kepler cards in macOS Monterey and newer with OCLP requires, SecureBootModel, SIP and AMFI to be disabled (and stay disabled) in order to apply the patches and boot.

Is disabling AMFI a requirement to apply Kepler Patch with OCLP?  Because I didn't need to disable AMFI or keep it disabled to apply the patches and boot. But correct me if I am wrong. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Is disabling AMFI a requirement to apply Kepler Patch with OCLP?  Because I didn't need to disable AMFI or keep it disabled to apply the patches and boot. But correct me if I am wrong. 

I don't disable AMFI to apply root patches with OCLP, for Nvidia Kepler Card and Intel HD 4000 (Ivybridge, SMBIOS Macpro6,1, Monterey 12.6.8). All works fine.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, marsuss said:

Hi, can you tell me what you did with battery to make it work like in windows? Thanks. 

I did nothing, Apple did 🙃 Beta 4 was bad in terms of battery life for me. I am using the same config and now with Beta 5 the battery works just fine. It's not a new battery, but I still get 4:30-5 hours with 70% brightness. Same in Windows 11.

EDIT: Writing from my phone I posted in the wrong section. This info shouldn't be in Sonoma Wireless discussion but in the main MacOS Sonoma thread. Sorry. Mods can move my posts there.

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 2