macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
802 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ham4ever said:

i used to have BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext en BrcmPatchRAM3.kext . i used them now also but still no bluetooth.

yes there is some cable from the card to the mobo. 

BCM4331 was native card before Sonoma like my Fenvi T919 (BCM4360). I don't have Wifi but Bluetooth coniiue to work natively (no kexts). Do you try to reset module from Buletooth icon in Menu Bar.

23 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

@ham4ever 

Are you try use Hackintool to inject your device properties compatible ?

Works fine to me on my Lenovo I'm have BCM 4352 pcie14e4,43b1 and put compatible like device properties on plist on print screen. 

Yes is also injected in device properties. 

22 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

BCM4331 was native card before Sonoma like my Fenvi T919 (BCM4360). I don't have Wifi but Bluetooth coniiue to work natively (no kexts). Do you try to reset module from Buletooth icon in Menu Bar.

as far i remember i always had to use kext to get my card to work,

22 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Probably need to map the USB ports properly or if did maybe that port (where the card is connected) has been excluded

how do i make sure that the port isnt excluded ?

EDIT:  omg you guys, it was the usb cable not attached good to the mobo, i must have touched it when i installed new GPU, i feel so stupid.

Thank you all. 

Edited by ham4ever
SOLVED
  • Like 4

On 9/6/2023 at 8:20 PM, miliuco said:

Did you have any Bluetooth related kext before now?

(Stupid question) Do you have the USB cable from the card plugged into a USB port in the mobo?

YOU were totally right with USB cable, it wasn't fully attached,  i must have touched it when i installed new GPU.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I managed to fix the Wi-Fi of my EliteDesk (BCM94360NG) following This guide. Now everything works (2.4G/5G) just fine. BIG THANKS to everybody working on this project! Summarizing the steps:

Kexts:

IOSkywalkFamily.kext

IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext

AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Kext organized and added MinKernel as per guide.

IMPORTANT: Blocked IOSkywalkFamily under Kernel/Block

NVRAM settings:

csr-active-config: 03080000

Boot args: amfi=0x80

Misc/Security settings:

SecureBootModel -> Disabled

OpenCoreLegacyPatcher:

OCLP 0.6.9 Nightly used to patch the Modern Wireless

Restart the system and enjoy :) 

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Atheros  AR93xx

Wifi AR93xx TP-LINK WDN-4800 

PCI168c,30

AirPortAtheros40 IDs

0x0030,  # AR93xx

With the new RC1 beta of macOS 14 Sonoma, has anyone gotten Wi-Fi support for ARTHERO? In my case, although it seems in the OCPL at night, the Kepler and the legacy WiFi do not work

image.png

• Like 1

I installed Sonoma RC1 to my main system partition believing that Sonoma was running smoothly enough on my test partition to justify it.  However, I encountered a problem with OCLP patching of the wireless adapter that I had not encountered on my test partition. (Both use the same EFI to boot.)

OCLP.thumb.jpg.c29ad459c2e15cbe28ad4be6ef452e64.jpg

Has anyone else encountered this?  These are essential kexts and I have the most current versions installed.  Any ideas what to do?  I have tried the recommended installation settings but keep getting this patch failure.  Thanks for your suggestions.

EDIT:  Problem solved.  This error was caused primarily because this was not a clean install.  It appears that, in June 2022, I put a copy of VirtualSMC into my /Library/Extensions/ folder.  It was version 1.3.0.  The current version is 1.3.3.  The dependencies are different. That is what caused OCLP to not be able to find the dependent kext.  Case closed. (Yay!)

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! Would these wifi-BT cards work in macOS Sonoma?

Gigabyte WiFi 6E GC-WBAX2400R (2x2 802.11 ax/Tri-Band WiFi (2.4GHz, 5GHz, & 6GHz)/ Bluetooth 5.3/ MU-MIMO/ WPA3/ PCIe Expansion Card) https://a.co/d/9aeGYQw

PCI-E WiFi Card for MacOS Windows 7/8/10/11 802.11a/g/n/ac BT 4.0 PCI-E PCI Network Adapter mac-Compatible Wi-Fi AirDrop Handoff Instant Hotspot macOS MIMO Mac OS X natively Supported BCM4360 AC1200 https://a.co/d/8Iofwm0

Edited by jlrycm

1 hour ago, jlrycm said:

PCI-E WiFi Card for MacOS Windows 7/8/10/11 802.11a/g/n/ac BT 4.0 PCI-E PCI Network Adapter mac-Compatible Wi-Fi AirDrop Handoff Instant Hotspot macOS MIMO Mac OS X natively Supported BCM4360 AC1200 https://a.co/d/8Iofwm0

The Fenvi one should be ok with the OCLP patch.

Don't know about the Gigabyte one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

The Fenvi one should be ok with the OCLP patch.

Don't know about the Gigabyte one.

Thanks @eSaF I have the Fenvi installed in my build. I was asking about the Gigabyte one because it has the Realtek RTL8852CE and I read before that it may be a prospect if kexts are available.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 2:10 AM, jlrycm said:

Thanks @eSaF I have the Fenvi installed in my build. I was asking about the Gigabyte one because it has the Realtek RTL8852CE and I read before that it may be a prospect if kexts are available.

Even for linux there is a problem to get a driver. May be some developer wish to create the driver for macOS based on codes for Linux. We will applaud him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alpha22 said:

question: certainly has already been done, I wanted to ask for a card like Fenvi T919 that is native with macOS Sonoma with chipset Broadcom 

If it has native support in macOS you can use OCLP to patch it

• Like 1

Just now, Alpha22 said:

question: once I have used the OCLP patch, can I put csr-active-config back 00000000 or should I leave it 03080000

You need to keep SIP set as 030800000, if you use 00000000 it will prevent for added kext to load properly unless the devs find a way to go around SIP.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Can we use AMFIPass.kext instead of the boot arg? Using the boot arg make Logitech G Hub not work at all.

Yes you can. You just might need to use -amfipassbeta boot arg. I'm not sure if the kexts has been updated yet.

• Like 4

On 9/28/2023 at 10:40 AM, miliuco said:

@DuongTHVN

New device-ids have been added to the latest OCLP Sonoma 0.6.9:

• device-id pci12e4,43B1 >> BCM4352
  • device-id pci12e4,43B2 >> BCM4352 (2.4 GHz).

What is yours?

My friend, can you said to me if device  BCM4352, pci14e4,43b1 is included on OCLP 0.6.9? We can include manually? 

Im use with compatible Device Properties on Opcencore plist, and works fine, but with this new release from Sonoma and compiled OCLP or use Nitghly Build not works

But I need use AirportBrcmFixup.kext with Ventura to works. 

Thanks all