macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
791 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

This may be off topic not sure.
I’m using the OCLP patcher posted in the dummies guide thread and it is offering me to update OCLP. Should I do it? Are the modern wireless patches mainline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-part answer: updatin: Yes.

Wireless patches included: No. If the update is 0.6.8 from the master branch of the repo, then it has no sonoma patches. As mentioned often before, you need the nightly build of 0.6.9: https://nightly.link/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/workflows/build-app-wxpython/sonoma-development/OpenCore-Patcher.app (GUI).zip

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 3:57 PM, Blesh said:

Has anyone else experienced this issue? My WiFi is working and showing available networks, but even after connecting, I still can't access the internet. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

YES. Do you use Little Snitch? If you upgraded from Ventura or older, you need to update to the preview version of Little Snitch for Sonoma. Get it from their website!

7 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

For me this method doesn't work yet, because my DSDT does not contain an PSXS Device that I could rename. Adding the SSDT didn't have any effect either.

If it's only about the device-id (or device-id spootf), injecting the wifi card via device properties might be an option as well.

When you boot Ventura with patched / working Wi-Fi (with your BCM 94352HMB), what is your ARPT ACPI  path as shown in IOReg Explore?    It is impossible for me to post a "universal" SSDT, because different PCs have different ACPI device paths and device names.

Here's what mine looks like:

Spoiler

1559597384_Screenshot2023-07-31at7_34_21AM.thumb.png.078f418dcb5ef94022704414417a34e7.png

Edited by deeveedee

4 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi Guys, great effort here from you

Congrats 

If help someone my Broadcom Card from Lenovo is this, and work fine with OCLP 0.6.9 Rooting Patcher

But on Hackintool shows up pci14e4,43a0, im think is because my DSDT was edited by @MaLd0n and works fine like always!! 

Im not use SSDT, just DSDT since 2018

That's why MaLd0n is one of the hackintosh Masters.  He is/was always focused on the "Vanilla" hackintosh.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

That's why MaLd0n is one of the hackintosh Masters.  He is/was always focused on the "Vanilla" hackintosh.

Well, in this case, it's because of wht AirportBrcmFixup injected – not what's in the DSDT… so this credit goes to Acidanthera :D

Edited by cankiulascmnfye

6 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Well, in this case, it's because of wht AirportBrcmFixup injected – not what's in the DSDT… so this credit goes to Acidanthera :D

OCLP 0.6.9 won't patch my BCM 94352HMB Wi-Fi if ACPI does not match that of a real MBP6,2.  AirportBrcmFixup does not do this (for me).  I must patch ACPI for OCLP patcher to recognize my Wi-Fi for patching.

If you post the ACPI path for your BCM 94352HMB Wi-Fi (as shown in IOReg in Ventura as I show here), I should be able to tell you what to patch.

Edited by deeveedee

17 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

I went through that same issues but did a new Sonoma install booting with my regular EFI that is use for Ventura, then followed @deeveedeerecommendations and built a EFI using OCLP in Sonoma, copied my regular EFI to USB and configure it in USB and tried it to boot Ventura, once I got that working properly, I booted with edited EFI into Sonoma and did the patch, reboot and its working. I used the EFI generated by OCLP only as a reference for kext order etc. 

i also use EFI of OCLP, idk why it doesnt working @@

Might be a dumb question. But can any of this root patching etc effect any other os?
I have Archlinux installed on the same system (different ssd) and my WiFi is stopping arch from loading. If I disable the wifi card in the bios I can boot into arch. I’ve tried a fresh install in case it was me but as soon as I load the drivers for the Broadcom 4360 I cannot boot anymore.
Coincidence or ?

I’m going to try Manjaro and see if it gets the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, kinhhoang161 said:

i also use EFI of OCLP, idk why it doesnt working @@

OCLP's EFI can only be used as a reference on a hackintosh. You cannot use OCLP's EFI on a hackintosh. Please re-read my posts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kinhhoang161 said:

@deeveedee i just config like config-sonoma-patch-sample.plist. did i do it wrong? and I don't know why I lost my ethernet

We have different PCs, so you can use my posted examples with the understanding that my solution works on a Dell Latitude E6410 with BCM 94352HMB Wi-Fi. The basic idea of what I posted is that the OCLP 0.6.9 wi-fi patcher is looking for a real Mac, so you need to spoof the wi-fi device or modify OCLP python for OCLP post-install patches.  Once the OCLP patches are applied, remove the ACPI patch.

Edited by deeveedee

I am so paranoid about providing misinformation about Sonoma installation/patching that I performed yet another clean installation of Sonoma.  I have confirmed that on my hack, I MUST spoof Wi-Fi (PXSX->ARPT and device name) in order for OCLP 0.6.9 to detect my BCM 94352HMB for patching.  See here for my exact steps and files that I used to perform a clean installation of Sonoma on my HackBookPro6,2.  You may need to adapt my steps and files to your hack unless your PC is a Dell Latitude E6410 (Nvidia) with BCM 94352HMB Wi-Fi.  If you don't want to spoof Wi-Fi via ACPI patches, then you should be able to modify OCLP as I described here. I am content with Wi-Fi spoofing (since it is temporary and needed only for OCLP patching), so I don't plan to pursue OCLP mods.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Certainly my brother, he is first of all humble enough to give us unconditional help, like most of us here, and if there is a conflict that he cannot solve, he is happy to see that other methods help too. I know that my DSDT needed to be injected both wirelessly and my Lenovo IBM keyboard, via another GitHub coder friend, Rafael Armênio, both of whom were kind enough to help us out. I'm sure that friendship, above all, must remain, and even more, his ability and competence. The Opencore team has every possible merit except teaching us how to compile DSDT. This is attributed only to some users who deal more or less with SSDT. And so many others who are gone like Rehabman for example. Without union and without humility, no one leaves the place.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2023 at 11:37 PM, deeveedee said:

EDIT: Leaving my post below for historical purposes.  I didn't know if I'd be able to toggle AMFI without bricking my Sonoma install, but I took a chance.  I was able to disable AMFI simply by adding amfi=0x80 to boot-args.  OCLP 0.6.9 legacy-wifi post install patches loaded in Sonoma Beta 3, but as others have reported, my BCM 94352HMB does not see any available networks. 😪

EDIT2: I upgraded to Sonoma Beta 4 and reapplied OCLP 0.6.9 legacy-wifi post-install patches.  My Wi-Fi still does not see any available networks.

EDIT3: I was comparing the IOReg for ARPT in Ventura 13.5 (Wi-Fi working) and Sonoma Beta 4 (Wi-Fi not working) on my HackBookPro6,2 (legacy-wifi BCM 94352). I noticed that in Sonoma, AirPort_Brcm43xxLLSkywalkInterface is not loaded. Also, IO80211AsyncEventUserClient does not appear attached to AirPort_BrcmNIC_P2PInterface.

Ventura 13.5

Reveal hidden contents

954255915_Screenshot2023-07-27at3_40_38PM.png.35396205959710a77d747894dae0fbab.png

Sonoma 14.0 Beta 4

Reveal hidden contents

1246765634_Screenshot2023-07-27at3_43_06PM.png.748cb6a1a639cadbbb9f4ccea0659399.png

kextstat Sonoma 14.0 Beta 4 (IOSywalkFamily.kext is loading in Sonoma)

Reveal hidden contents

694608858_Screenshot2023-07-27at4_32_39PM.thumb.png.940cbd19ad1aff1bf22741a828fd9bf6.png

====================================================

I was able to force installation of OCLP 0.6.9 legacy wi-fi patches by editing sys_patch_detect.py as described in my previous post.  It appears to me that the legacy wi-fi patches require AMFI to be disabled.

Legacy Wi-Fi Verbose Boot Log

Reveal hidden contents

thumbnail_IMG_2629.thumb.jpg.84d95129305fc393f0650804e152ad8d.jpg

My HackBookPro 6,2 is booting with AMFI and Library Validation fully enabled, so I don't want to disable AMFI at this time.  I am not able to test the current OCLP 0.6.9 legacy wi-fi patches any further at this time.

For those who want to duplicate my approach, do the following:

• Download OCLP 0.6.9 source
  • Edit sys_patch_detect.py to force legacy-wifi to True and self.unsupported_os = False
  • Build OCLP
  • Disable AMFI
  • Apply post-install patches with your custom OCLP

Can you post your rebuilt OCLP 0.6.9 (Edit sys_patch_detect.py to force legacy-wifi to True and self.unsupported_os = False) which can patch BCM4352 WiFi for us ?

Because even enable SSDT-ARPT all current OCLP can not enable patch of Modern Wireless.

At present I must insert BCM4360 adapter to patch Sonoma.

After successful patching shutdown and replaced by BCM4352 adapter.

Reboot my WiFi working now.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 10.38.48 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 10.39.53 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 10.42.09 AM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Can you post your rebuilt OCLP 0.6.9 (Edit sys_patch_detect.py to force legacy-wifi to True and self.unsupported_os = False) which can patch BCM4352 WiFi for us ?

Because even enable SSDT-ARPT all current OCLP can not enable patch of Modern Wireless.

I can, but I'd like to figure out your ACPI patches first.  Can you please post your config.plist (remove your PlatformInfo > Generic) and your SSDT-ARPT.  I'm sure you realize this, but your ACPI path is different from mine, so you can't use my posted ACPI patches.  I want to see how you attempted to duplicate my ACPI patching instructions.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I can, but I'd like to figure out your ACPI patches first.  Can you please post your config.plist (remove your PlatformInfo > Generic) and your SSDT-ARPT.  I'm sure you realize this, but your ACPI path is different from mine, so you can't use my posted ACPI patches.  I want to see how you attempted to duplicate my ACPI patching instructions.

Thanks and my config.plist & SSDT-ARPT.aml as well as Hackintool's PCIe are posted here:

config.plist SSDT-ARPT.aml

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 7.18.49 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks and my config.plist & SSDT-ARPT.aml are posted here:

Your ARPT ACPI path is different from mine, so you can't use my ACPI patches without modifying them.

1687030105_Screenshot2023-08-01at7_20_06AM.png.aa7560f25b0f31701d377fd0e1aae169.png

Are you able to post your unpatched DSDT?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Your ARPT ACPI path is different from mine, so you can't use my ACPI patches without modifying them.

1687030105_Screenshot2023-08-01at7_20_06AM.png.aa7560f25b0f31701d377fd0e1aae169.png

Are you able to post your unpatched DSDT?

Sure thanks.

DSDT.aml

• Like 1

@jsl2000 I am going to use your posted info as an example, so that others can do this for themselves.  I am reluctant to build and post an OCLP with my changes and I don't think anyone else should be posting versions of OCLP.  There's enough confusion about this (just my opinion) without introducing another patcher into the community.  OCLP is very easy to build by following the instructions here.  Attached is the sys_patch_detect.py file with forced legacy-wifi to True and self.unsupported_os = False.

Can you post one more thing for me?  Can you disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext in your config.plist, reboot and post the IOReg IOName (full ACPI path) for your Wi-Fi?  I'd like to be certain of the original unpatched path before I post my suggested ACPI patches.

If you don't want to disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext and reboot, please post the ACPI path reported by IOReg Explorer as I have explained here.

sys_patch_detect.py.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@jsl2000 I am going to use your posted info as an example, so that others can do this for themselves.  I am reluctant to build and post an OCLP with my changes and I don't think anyone else should be posting versions of OCLP.  There's enough confusion about this (just my opinion) without introducing another patcher into the community.  OCLP is very easy to build by following the instructions here.  Attached is the sys_patch_detect.py file with forced legacy-wifi to True and self.unsupported_os = False.

Can you post one more thing for me?  Can you disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext in your config.plist, reboot and post the IOReg IOName (full ACPI path) for your Wi-Fi?  I'd like to be certain of the original unpatched path before I post my suggested ACPI patches.

If you don't want to disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext and reboot, please post the ACPI path reported by IOReg Explorer as I have explained here.

sys_patch_detect.py.zip 6.86 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks again.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 8.01.24 PM.png

1264301056_Jin-ShinsiMac.ioreg

@jsl2000 I was reviewing my OCLP mods and I believe that there is still more work to do if you want to modify OCLP (instead of using ACPI patches).  I did not finish the work I started here because I found a working solution with ACPI patches.  I just tested a new build of OCLP with a modified sys_patch_detect.py (forced legacy-wifi to True and self.unsupported_os = False).  When I attempt to patch Sonoma with this modified OCLP, the patcher shows this (Network: Legacy Wireless):

Spoiler

307082437_Screenshot2023-08-01at7_57_52AM.png.7ece167144f97cd3754acc9d1ece4b05.png

When I patch with my ACPI patching, OCLP patcher shows this (Networking: Modern Wireless):

Spoiler

1635874049_Screenshot2023-07-30at8_33_46PM.png.514545302b848d0991a5b7b14b12a22f.png.e84aeb48c0efdf7e78f4a2c72b255d98.png

I never finished my OCLP mods and I never tested them (and I don't want to patch my Sonoma test volume, because I'm leaving it unpatched for testing), but I think there might need to be more work on modified version of OCLP.  Remember, my work posted in this thread shows my attempts to find a working Wi-Fi patching solution for my BCM 94352HMB.  I abandoned OCLP mods when my ACPI patching worked and left my posted work as an example for others.

EDIT: I grepped the OCLP source for wireless and found this:

Spoiler

1426316857_Screenshot2023-08-01at10_22_56AM.thumb.png.bdbec9cd14a850497be57f6679fefe7c.png

Maybe some of the required mods for Wi-Fi patching are in wireless.py

Also, I found this

Spoiler
./data/smbios_data.py:#   Wireless Model: Driver used for wireless networking
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Atheros.Chipsets.AirPortAtheros40,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Atheros.Chipsets.AirPortAtheros40,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirPortBrcm43224,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirPortBrcm43224,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirPortBrcm4331,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirPortBrcm4331,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirPortBrcm4360,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirPortBrcm4360,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirportBrcmNIC,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AirportBrcmNIC,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIe,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": device_probe.Broadcom.Chipsets.AppleBCMWLANBusInterfacePCIe,
./data/smbios_data.py:        "Wireless Model": None,

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@jsl2000 Your IOReg dump appears to show that your ARPT device is named ARPT (not PXSX), so it seems to me that you do not need to rename PXSX -> ARPT (and the PXSX->ARPT rename that you copied from me and inserted into your config.plist is not doing anything, because you do not have ARPT device at PCI0.RP02).

The IOService path of your ARPT device (reported by IOReg Explorer) is 

446202645_Screenshot2023-08-01at8_19_29AM.png.931a7b975f388f09bf4fae1b326878f2.png

The IOPath Base for your ARPT device (verified by examining your DSDT) is

\_SB.PCI0.RP08.PXSX.BR29

The full ACPI path of your ARPT device is

\_SB.PCI0.RP08.PXSX.BR29.ARPT

Therefore, your SSDT-ARPT needs to patch the device at full ACPI path \_SB.PCI0.RP08.PXSX.BR29.ARPT.

See attached.

Replace your SSDT-ARPT in your EFI with the attached version, reboot and examine your IOReg to verify that the spoofing is applied.

SSDT-ARPT.aml.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, deeveedee said:

We have different PCs, so you can use my posted examples with the understanding that my solution works on a Dell Latitude E6410 with BCM 94352HMB Wi-Fi. The basic idea of what I posted is that the OCLP 0.6.9 wi-fi patcher is looking for a real Mac, so you need to spoof the wi-fi device or modify OCLP python for OCLP post-install patches.  Once the OCLP patches are applied, remove the ACPI patch.

hi. i tried following your last instruction, i still can't activate root patch.
- I used SSDT-ARPT to rename PXSX to ARPT and spoof device id. my bcm943602CDP wifi card has default id is pci14e4.43ba. Which id should I spoof? ( i tried spoof default id in ssdt but it doesn't work - pci14e4.43ba )
- I have enough kernel patch, enough kext, enough boot-args, reinstalled sonoma 4 times but I still can't activate root patch. Am I wrong anywhere?. can you help me check. Thank you

here is my EFI...

EFI.zip