macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
791 posts in this topic

@mboy

Enabled=True

com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily.png

Important: com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily blocking must have Enabled=True and Strategy=Exclude. Otherwise you get kernel panic at boot.

@Cyberdevs You were right, this is causing quite a few errors.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

I was inspecting the OCLP Wi-Fi patching and see what appears to be a dependency on SMBIOS Model.

755741167_ScreenShot2023-07-25at10_58_24AM.png.154633908d06ab968867ec55cbda696c.png

OCLP is designed for Real Macs, so OCLP patching adheres to the configs of real SMBIOS MacModels.  Could some of the Wi-Fi issues being reported here be because some hacks are using Wi-Fi chipsets that are not the same as their real Mac counterparts?

For those who want to review this, here is the commit.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

@deeveedee

I think that's a possibility, as you stated OCLP was initially designed for real Macs not hackintoshes, it being working on hacks is a bonus but I think the devs took some of the variations (if not all) about the WiFi cards used in hack as well.

I'm installing Sonoma on my 2013 MacBookPro to see if the AirportBrcmFixup.kext is really necessary or not but the EFI folder generated by OCLP adds it automatically so there must be a reason for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@Max.1974

Você tem SecureBootModel=x86legacy, tente Disabled.

Hello mi Hermano, thanks in advance, I try it, but not boot, without line boot, stuck on Apple logo. Im uninstall Sonoma patched with OCLP, because have been too much crashes, and im prefer use dual boot with my good Ventura for my work, and enjoy Sonoma without Airdrop, but better stability for now. Thanks!!! 

Notes: this name x86legacy was renamed automatic by OCLP 

;)    :thumbsup_anim: 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@mboy

Enabled=True

com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily.png

Important: com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily blocking must have Enabled=True and Strategy=Exclude. Otherwise you get kernel panic at boot.

@Cyberdevs You were right, this is causing quite a few errors.

Sorry; bootloader freezes with Enabled=YES.  I get a kernel panic with Enabled=NO

• Confused 1

I have an app that I use daily that require SIP to be fully disabled.  Can someone who has wifi working please test this csr-active-config to see if it works with the OLCP patch?

csr-active-config=6F020000

Thanks.

For those who have issues with fenvi T919 BT/Wireless I attached the kexts required and the order they need to be in the config.plist

The AirPortBrcmNIC.kext is inside the IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and it also needs to be injected.

Blocking com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily is a MUST and make sure it is set to Exclude:

<key>Block</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Allow IOSkywalk Downgrade</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>23.0.0</string>
                <key>Strategy</key>
                <string>Exclude</string>
            </dict>
        </array>

You don't need any other kexts for the fenvi T919 so remove them to avoid any issues.

Kext order

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 9.03.54 PM.png

Hackintool screenshot

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 9.38.09 PM.png

Blocking the com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 10.38.12 PM.png

Another addition:

If you use the nightly GUI app it might not work because it's few commits behind so I suggest to build from the last commit. The GUI didn't apply Haswell Graphics patches to my 2013 MacBook Pro but the manual build did.

1783627072_WirelessKextsforSonoma.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

I have an app that I use daily that require SIP to be fully disabled.  Can someone who has wifi working please test this csr-active-config to see if it works with the OLCP patch?

csr-active-config=6F020000

Thanks.

Sorry man, that value is not good, sorry, see test pics.

WiFi is active but cannot find active Networks.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 18.07.37.png

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 18.10.43.png

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 18.08.59.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

For those who have issues with fenvi T919 BT/Wireless I attached the kexts required and the order they need to be in the config.plist

The AirPortBrcmNIC.kext is inside the IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and it also needs to be injected.

Blocking com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily is a MUST and make sure it is set to Exclude:

<key>Block</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Allow IOSkywalk Downgrade</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>23.0.0</string>
                <key>Strategy</key>
                <string>Exclude</string>
            </dict>
        </array>

Thanks!  Should Enabled be true?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Thanks!  Should Enabled be true?

Yes it should, I just copied the block section from the reference page in OpenCore Legacy Patcher and it's set to false there, might be a mistake.

Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes it should, I just copied the block section from the reference page in OpenCore Legacy Patcher and it's set to false there, might be a mistake.

Thanks for the correction.

I don't think it's a mistake on the OCLP reference page.  That config.plist looks like a template for all MacModels.  OCLP must use that config.plist template to create the customized config.plist for each specific Mac Model.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I don't think it's a mistake on the OCLP reference page.  That config.plist looks like a template for all MacModels.  OCLP must use that config.plist template to create the customized config.plist for each specific Mac Model.

That makes sense

3 hours ago, deeveedee said:

I was inspecting the OCLP Wi-Fi patching and see what appears to be a dependency on SMBIOS Model.

755741167_ScreenShot2023-07-25at10_58_24AM.png.154633908d06ab968867ec55cbda696c.png

OCLP is designed for Real Macs, so OCLP patching adheres to the configs of real SMBIOS MacModels.  Could some of the Wi-Fi issues being reported here be because some hacks are using Wi-Fi chipsets that are not the same as their real Mac counterparts?

For those who want to review this, here is the commit.

I use BCM4360 which is listed for real Macs but cannot boot with changes. I am using the mod OC and created a new EFI with no Fork/Mod and I managed to boot Sonoma with the changes but when I try to enable the patch it says no patches available

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Another addition:

If you use the nightly GUI app it might not work because it's few commits behind so I suggest to build from the last commit. The GUI didn't apply Haswell Graphics patches to my 2013 MacBook Pro but the manual build did.

It doesn't make sense to me that anyone should need to manually build the patcher.  Are you saying that you downloaded OCLP from here (link labeled Nightly.link: OpenCore-Patcher.app (Sonoma Development) ) and that did not work for you?  

EDIT: I do see that there were Haswell commits yesterday.  Others (not Haswell) who need the patcher today should be ok with the OCLP nightly build.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

Just now, deeveedee said:

It doesn't make sense to me that anyone should need to manually build the patcher.  Are you saying that you downloaded OCLP from here (link labeled Nightly.link: OpenCore-Patcher.app (Sonoma Development) ) and that did not work for you?

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, the root patching didn't work on my MacBookPro using that build.

• Thanks 1

@deeveedee

Just to be fair that build works ok on hackintoshes, what I'm saying is that it didn't work on my MacBookPro and only failed to patch the graphics, but did patch the WiFi.

On another note I did remove the AirportBrcmFixup.kext on my MacBook and BT and WiFi work just fine. I tested the AirDrop and it worked too.

• Thanks 1

@Cyberdevs that does make sense - there were Haswell commits yesterday. 

I'm not sure what AirportBrcmFixup.kext does except for renaming PXSX to ARPT (which, unless I'm mistaken, won't change anything on a real Mac).  I understand the roles of the plugins, but don't fully understand the role of the parent kext (except to be a container for the plugins).

Edited by deeveedee

18 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@Cyberdevs that does make sense - there were Haswell commits yesterday. 

I'm not sure what AirportBrcmFixup.kext does except for renaming PXSX to ARPT.  I understand the roles of the plugins, but don't fully understand the role of the parent kext (except to be a container for the plugins).

Yes, I just compiled the build and made the GUI app for yesterdays commits and compared the original build vs mine and the original build is 512MB and the build i just made is 516.2 MB so clearly there is something missing.

And about the AirportBrcmFixup.kext I'm not sure maybe that's required for hacks but not for real Macs because even without it my WiFi is shown as ARPT in IOReg.

OCLP builds:

Original

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 2.05.10 AM.png

My build:

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 2.05.18 AM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

I'm not sure what AirportBrcmFixup.kext does except for renaming PXSX to ARPT (which, unless I'm mistaken, won't change anything on a real Mac).  I understand the roles of the plugins, but don't fully understand the role of the parent kext (except to be a container for the plugins).

I use AirportBrcmFixup parent kext for changing country code, no country code injected without it (I set country code via DeviceProperties).

• Like 1

I hope these are not actual sizes (for both)

Setting the min kernel was enough to fix the kp in Ventura.
Wifi chip size is almost correct and the screw driver prob will be that small lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Hey Guys, Looking for help here. So I made another EFi with the changes needed for the Broadcom BCM4360 M.2 wifi card. I can boot into Sonoma but I get black screen for 5 minutes before Sonona actually loads, when it loads it shows patches are done but I have no more bluetooth, network cards and yes no wifi as well. Config attached. If I re-install Sonoma (3rd time going now) I can boot is fast like Ventura. 

image.thumb.png.f8797993148912957e288f79296dcf18.pngimage.thumb.png.a3fcbaa730d7c2ac4e8fbd443afb2310.png

config.plist.zip

2 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@surenmunoo There are no Bluetooth kexts usually required for Broadcom cards (BlueToolFixup, etc) included in BrcmPatchRam. What you added is for Wifi only. I am still uncertain, if AirportBrcmFixup is still required as well or not.

I normally don't use any bluetooth kexts and it just works. I am in Sonoma now, a fresh install of beta 4 and bluetooth and both 2.5G and 10G network ports work and show in Hackintool, just no wifi but after I apply the OCLP patch, all these stop working and disappear and only way to get it back is a fresh install again, even undoing the patch does not help. Hence I am stuck 

7 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@surenmunoo There are no Bluetooth kexts usually required for Broadcom cards (BlueToolFixup, etc) included in BrcmPatchRam. What you added is for Wifi only. I am still uncertain, if AirportBrcmFixup is still required as well or not.

This is with a fresh install of Sonoma now, everything except wifi works.

image.thumb.png.c4a5c67434c4ce6c2eac28794a791768.png