macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
802 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Now it would be interesting to find the common denominator that causes the BluetoolFixup.kext conflict with Sonoma OTA.  I have BluetoolFixup.kext 2.6.8 [Dev] installed on my HackBookPro6,2 and it does NOT block Sonoma OTA.

I also have the latest version ( DEV ) and if I don't remove it after 15 minutes the update fails and this always comes out:

1419040079_Capturadepantalla2023-07-13alas19_49_39.png.78b00872dd4abc52eccc40e80fd72324.png

48 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Now it would be interesting to find the common denominator that causes the BluetoolFixup.kext conflict with Sonoma OTA.  I have BluetoolFixup.kext 2.6.8 [Dev] installed on my HackBookPro6,2 and it does NOT block Sonoma OTA.

It depends on which versions of BlueToolFixup you are using, I guess.

I am using this build by zxysd: https://github.com/zxystd/BrcmPatchRAM. It's ahead of the Acidanthera release and I didn't have to disable it prior to updating Sonoma – and it also works with Intel Cards.

• Like 2

If I recall correctly the bluetoolfixup and update issue isn’t something new. It all started with macOs Monterey. So I stopped using it when I started using the fenvi T919 but I still get the update issue from time to time so the bluetoolfixup isn’t the common denominator. Instead the nvram reset solves the issue most of the time for me.

• Like 2

@Cyberdevs I think there is some correlation between BluetoolFixup.kext and Sonoma OTA issues.  Those who are reporting it have a mix of BluetoolFixup.kext 2.6.7 [Rel] and 2.6.8 [Dev].  2.6.8 [Dev] includes zxystd's mods (which zxystd inserted themself).  Also, I may be guessing, but those who reported the BluetoolFixup.kext issue have probably tried NVRAM Reset.

For those who have reported their BluetoolFixup.kext issue (or non-issue), it would be helpful if you edited your posts to include your current version of OC, Lilu, SIP and your SMBIOS model .

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

It depends on which versions of BlueToolFixup you are using, I guess.

I am using this build by zxysd: https://github.com/zxystd/BrcmPatchRAM. It's ahead of the Acidanthera release and I didn't have to disable it prior to updating Sonoma – and it also works with Intel Cards.

Can you be kind and upload the version of Bluetoolfixup.kext you use. I can't find it.

Well.....

I had not reactivated BluetoolFixup.kext on the Lenovo after updating...

I did it now, but bluetooth doesn't work anymore.... It has disappeared 😅

176954347_Capturadepantalla2023-07-14alas1_30_23.thumb.png.0faa4e3682da42c30fe71df53adbafd1.png

and I haven't changed anything in the EFI... what a strange thing🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, calmesal said:

Can you be kind and upload the version of Bluetoolfixup.kext you use. I can't find it.

It's necessary compiled with Xcode. 

Im zip of mine compiled, try if help you. 

image.png.534d484230282f37bc959e3b730b8192.png

BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.8-RELEASE.zip

32 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

Well.....

Are you try Reset NVRam?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Well.....

176954347_Capturadepantalla2023-07-14alas1_30_23.thumb.png.0faa4e3682da42c30fe71df53adbafd1.png

check your config. plist  for this entry

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 03.44.42.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

It's necessary compiled with Xcode. 

Im zip of mine compiled, try if help you. 

image.png.534d484230282f37bc959e3b730b8192.png

BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.8-RELEASE.zip 5.17 MB · 4 downloads

Are you try Reset NVRam?

I did it once, but it seems that it had no effect...

Today I reset the nvram a couple of times and it's back to life 😐 

66745245_Capturadepantalla2023-07-14alas12_36_05.thumb.png.c8494b675529233967c6f483e54cda54.png

• Like 3

Leaving this post below for historical reasons.  As stated later in this thread by PMHeart and 1Revenger1, the versioning of the Dortania nightly builds and Acidanthera's versioning in github are NOT synchronized.  For example, BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7 [Release] in github may not include changes that appear in BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7 in nightly builds (because the version may not have been bumped in XCode before changes were introduced after the release of 2.6.7 on github).

For this reason, it is important to read and interpret the nightly build change log for nightly build versions separately from reading and interpretting the change log for releases in github (and never to assume that version 2.6.7 in github is the same as version 2.6.7 in nightly builds).

================================================================

It appears to me that something is wrong with the Acidanthera nightly build for BrcmPatchRAM.  Could someone check this and tell me where I'm wrong?  It appears to me that the nightly build versioning of BrcmPatchRAM is out of sync with the Acidanthera github commits.

In the Acidanthera github commits, the history clearly shows that zxystd's commits happened after BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7 was released (to be released in version 2.6.8)

Spoiler

1142017181_Screenshot2023-07-14at6_43_30AM.thumb.png.7661708b97e2559a7059528233c1679c.png

In the Acidanthera nightly builds, the history indicates that zxystd's fixes are in BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7

Spoiler

1354988576_Screenshot2023-07-14at6_47_42AM.png.05ecaad856c328a16d96f16db318f3fa.png

Pinging @PMheart

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Could @Cyberdevs be correct and your Sonoma OTA issue would have been fixed by Resetting NVRAM?

In my case, to update Sonoma on the lenovo I need to disable BluetoolFixup... just resetting the nvram doesn't work... it always failed when preparing the update when it reached 15 minutes 🤷‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Yes indeed welcome back, it gladdens my heart to see old faces still in the game. :thumbsup_anim:

Yes Bro, works iPhone like Camera, not Airdrop, and Wireless nice. Its native from my Aorus GA Z790 Elite AX (its to indicate AX211 intel combo).

4 minutes ago, jm26200 said:

I do not see the WiFi signal inactive and crossed out so the WiFi is active or my eyes  very bad !!!!!
image.thumb.png.de3c901aca4dd787ff5f9ec4c1ef4c50.png

Works with Sonoma very Well and im use dual boot with Ventura and Fenvi-T1919

:graduated:

Many hours spend of my Hack Life 

Captura de Tela 2023-07-14 às 13.58.05.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@Max.1974

Pretty impressive!

How did you get the fenvi to work?

Hi my friend, it's work wi-fi Broadcom 4360 on Ventura, and intel on Sonoma. Im reinstall feel days ago, im miss from my HID Proxy device BT without cable on Bios and on Opencore hehehe!! 

37 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Max.1974 Hi Bro would you mind uploading the kexts you used to connect this card?

Appreciate very much if you can. Cheers.

Sure my friend send to you my EFI link Uploaded only feel minutes to do that and change my Serial 

43 minutes ago, Takiller said:

I thought I was the only one struggling with iMessage and FaceTime in Sonoma. 

Im confess that im very tired hehehe so you get to Work? here im need study like how to Compiled Kexts with Xcode and LILU family 

Im post my 2 EFIs soon I will upload that because is very big (44 mb) 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi my friend, it's work wi-fi Broadcom 4360 on Ventura, and intel on Sonoma. Im reinstall feel days ago, im miss from my HID Proxy device BT without cable on Bios and on Opencore hehehe!! 

Sure my friend send to you my EFI link Uploaded only feel minutes to do that and change my Serial 

i

Im confess that im very tired hehehe so you get to Work? here im need study like how to Compiled Kexts with Xcode and LILU family 

Im post my 2 EFIs soon I will upload that because is very big (44 mb) 

No, still not working and I think will also try the kext compiling 😁

• Like 1

INTEL EFI Opencore compiled from source code 0.9.4, Kexts and SSDT Compiled, all  from XCODE. And used SSDTTime from Windows install 

Wireless work on Ventura and Sonoma, can't not change Min Max kernel from config.plist 

PLEASE NOT INSTALL BROADCOM WITH THIS KEXTS (Change to your USBMap)

EFI INTEL Z790 XCODE.zip 

BROADCOM EFI Opencore Compiled from source code 0.9.4, Kexts and SSDT Compiled, all  from XCODE. And used SSDTTime from Windows install 

EFI BRCM Z790 XCODE.zip

Wireless works in dual boot because contain only for Sonoma, and Broadcom is native Wireless, so work fine with kexts to Broadcom Bluetooth. 

Its installer to works with PCIe Broadcom installed and Intel Bluetooth Wireless 

It's good if you can use your on USBmaps. Im left USBInjectAll.kext to remap.

:happymac:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, deeveedee said:

It appears to me that something is wrong with the Acidanthera nightly build for BrcmPatchRAM.  Could someone check this and tell me where I'm wrong?  It appears to me that the nightly build versioning of BrcmPatchRAM is out of sync with the Acidanthera github commits.

In the Acidanthera github commits, the history clearly shows that zxystd's commits happened after BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7 was released (to be released in version 2.6.8)

Reveal hidden contents

1142017181_Screenshot2023-07-14at6_43_30AM.thumb.png.7661708b97e2559a7059528233c1679c.png

In the Acidanthera nightly builds, the history indicates that zxystd's fixes are in BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.7

Reveal hidden contents

1354988576_Screenshot2023-07-14at6_47_42AM.png.05ecaad856c328a16d96f16db318f3fa.png

Pinging @PMheart

This information is correct, because we bumped version later. When our releases land in August, the version will be correct.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@PMheart Not sure I understand the difference between the 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 nightly builds (and how they relate to the 2.6.7 Release build in github), but what's most important is that downloading the nightly 2.6.8 build includes zxystd's BluetoolFixup.kext changes.  Thank you!

Edited by deeveedee