[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

Just now, PMheart said:

Kudos. Did you see the above mentioned warning from Apple logo -> About This Mac as well?

Negative, no warning but I have AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext & RestrictEvents.kext with -revbeta :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, axonleo said:

for now what nvme drive are natively supported before apple drop them as well after 5 years at least?

Western Digital would be your best bet - either the SN7xx or SN8xx series.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.d5fbb26f60e2cacd39966edc9f57c040.png

Z240 workstation. As previously stated, changed SMBIOS from iMac18,1 to iMac19,1, both in ProductInfo and plist of USBPorts.kext

Updated kexts and OpenCore to the latest available release through OCAT.

Wifi not working, bluetooth not tested, smooth update from latest Ventura beta

UPDATE 8th June: with this configuration, Bluetooth can be switched on manually but, after approx. 5 seconds, turn automatically off, without appearing really working. I’m sure this small issue will be solved. This seems to me something unrelated to my configuration 

UPDATE 14th June: with the latest BrcmPatchRAM release and related kexts, Brcm bluetooth came back on board. 

Edited by acquarius13
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

Thanks. Would you mind switching your OS language to English US, and then post the screenshot with warning again?

Here you go.

Apple menu >> About This Mac >> 1 alert, clicking it opens the About This Mac window where there is not any link to click and open an alert.

Spoiler

1-alert.png.fe7d3e7f07394d67b3e5fe897ab59d73.png

System Settings >> General >> Info, no PCI ghost slots, memory info is ok, clicking on the question mark next to the RAM memory opens the window with information about the memory.

Spoiler

2-info.thumb.png.b4ad72a17bea970456723f4bfeb9b166.png

Memory info after clicking on the question mark, it's good.

Spoiler

3-memory.thumb.png.54c7b7e170209a7eba7ba7dc801098f1.png

Are these the images you want to see in English?

And, if it's useful, this is the warning in English without -revbeta.

Spoiler

memory-modules-misconfigured.png.325b555bc1dc8eaefde9c1cad4f50c68.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

EDIT: Forget this as there is already a PR by @lorys89 in the repo, my post is redundant.

Most probably it isn't so simple but changing the line 504 of RestrictEvents.cpp file and compiling

//KernelVersion::Ventura,
KernelVersion::Sonoma,

all is working without -revbeta as with current RestrictEvents plus -revbeta (also remaining About This Mac >> 1 alert, only issue I see now).

Which is expected since -revbeta allows loading the current kext with Ventura as the top supported system.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Negative, no warning but I have AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext & RestrictEvents.kext with -revbeta

@PMheart

On my Intel system, AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext doesn't remove About This Mac >> 1 alert text.

Never used this kext before, tried now only to add more info.

• Like 1

...on MacPro7.1 smbios, for remove the alert, simply compile all entries in platform info (datahub, not only generic) and make a well configured custom memory info.......and alert gone....

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

...on MacPro7.1 smbios, for remove the alert, simply compile all entries in platform info (datahub, not only generic) and make a well configured custom memory info.......and alert gone....

Yep that did the trick, thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

has anyone encountered the fact that disks are not displayed in the Finder? Only noticed)), plus for some reason they are duplicated.

They're all shown up on my end.

• Like 2

If need wifi and Broadcom not working, can confirm works intel wifi (3165 m.2 NGFF) with Itlwm.kext and heliport.

Waiting for a working AiirportItlwm.kext.

AirportItlwm.kext from Ventrura not working.

beta 1 upgrade over 13.5 beta went ok.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Они все показаны на моем конце.

I may have written incorrectly - the contents of the disks are not displayed in the Finder.

Снимок экрана 2023-06-07 в 21.39.20.png

3 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

I may have written incorrectly - the contents of the disks are not displayed in the Finder.

And yet again I don't have that issue either. The contents of the volumes are showing as they should on various format, HFS, APFS and NTFS

• Like 1

@ANTIKO Is this what you're referring to?

Spoiler

1662681571_Screenshot2023-06-07at04_47_08.png.6aa3a03396971d31002fb36fe57492c6.png

Just now, Cyberdevs said:

And yet again I don't have that issue either. The contents of the volumes are showing as they should on various format, HFS, APFS and NTFS

Again same here.

Just now, ANTIKO said:

Yes

In that case my friend, I think you have a balked installation.

This is what shows in my Finder Menu you should too according to how many disks you have in the system.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 04.53.29.png

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 04.53.40.png

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 04.53.55.png

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 04.54.10.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ANTIKO said:

Thanks, I also think it's better to reinstall, I'll do it now.

Try deleting the caches and  the com.apple.finde.plist in ~/Library/Caches and ~/Library/Preferences and see if it fixes the issue and if it didn't help you can reinstall the OS.

• Like 2