[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

Hace 1 hora, SavageAUS dijo:

Tengo un RX 6800 XT en mi equipo AMD y no creo que haya hecho nada especial para que funcionara con Sonoma o cualquier otra cosa antes. Sé que no estoy usando Whatevergreen.

El único problema que tengo con ese sistema es que, a menos que mi monitor esté encendido antes de encender el PC, no se puede ver ningún sistema operativo en la pantalla, ni siquiera el selector OpenCore.

Enviado desde mi iPhone usando Tapatalk

When I wrote that message it was the first attempt to install Sonoma, on June 6...

That happened to me because the first day if "-lilubetall" was not used when the desktop should load, the screen would go black. It's been a long time we don't need that to function in Sonoma 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 4:26 AM, jsl2000 said:

Vanilla kernel patch for OpenCore is different from that of Clover.

Because I can enable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo quirk in Clover 5151 you may apply to your FX 4300 except change core No. from 6 to 4 in respective patches (totally 4 I think).

After I got how to convert RadeonDeInit from Clover to OpenCore I'll post my config.plist for OC 0.9.4 ASAP.

Whatevergreen does the equivalent of RadeonDeInit - it's just setting an address to zero in the GPU. Whatevergreen actually just returns zero for that function call while Clover sets that register to zero.

It is possible to do via SSDT if you don't want Whatevergreen. Believe there was a post on this site, my Google skills are failing me though.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

Thanks.

I have applied this SSDT.aml but it still got blank screen before login desktop of MacOS.

At present only Clover 5151 can boot it successfully at Ventura & Sonoma in my M5A(FX-6300) hackintosh.

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

When I wrote that message it was the first attempt to install Sonoma, on June 6...

That happened to me because the first day if "-lilubetall" was not used when the desktop should load, the screen would go black. It's been a long time we don't need that to function in Sonoma 

Yeah Tapatalk playing up sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Today I made a new EFI folder and can boot Sonoma and Ventura with the same EFI, but now I have a problem with an error in OCValidate: 

OCS: Failed to calculate size of array field containing <empty> as type integer, context <4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102>!

Anyone knows how can is solve this problem?

Thanks for your time and patience with me...

I want to give a try to my studio PC - Asus Maximus VIII Gene + i7 6700K + RX6600, currently working just fine with the latest Ventura 13.5.1 and SMBIOS - iMac18,2. What is the best SMBIOS to use for the test ? Anybody succeeded with Sonoma and Skylake ?

2 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi all,

Today I made a new EFI folder and can boot Sonoma and Ventura with the same EFI, but now I have a problem with an error in OCValidate: 

OCS: Failed to calculate size of array field containing <empty> as type integer, context <4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102>!

Anyone knows how can is solve this problem?

Thanks for your time and patience with me...

Are you try based with my EFI post above? 

(Moreno, você tentou se basear pela minha EFI genérica alguns posts acima?)

I never see this error before, but you can try based on my EFI, it's the same processor like mine. 

(Tente por gentileza se basear na minha EFI, é o mesmo processador que o seu).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

I want to give a try to my studio PC - Asus Maximus VIII Gene + i7 6700K + RX6600, currently working just fine with the latest Ventura 13.5.1 and SMBIOS - iMac18,2. What is the best SMBIOS to use for the test ? Anybody succeeded with Sonoma and Skylake ?

Yes I did install macOS Sonoma on Haswell and SkyLake successfully. I used iMac19,1 SMBIOS.

See here:

https://community.macmeup.com/index.php?/forum/126-opencore-legacy-patcher-hackintosh-discussion/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

If you implement Booter and Kernel Patches from OCLP you could stay on iMac18,2 and still install Sonoma. But configuration takes more effort than just changing SMBIOS and spoofing Kaby Lake graphics: https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/blob/main/14_OCLP_Wintel/Skylake_Ventura.md

10 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

I have Skylake with Sonoma without OCLP. Smbios iMac19,1 just for update capabilities.

But I have iGPU switched off in BIOS and I am using dGPU as RX570.

Don't wonder, iMac without iGPU. Since Ventura it is possible and works fine, very fine, including sleep/wake, DRM, QuickLook on JPEG and RAW. All is fine. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Slice said:

I have Skylake with Sonoma without OCLP. Smbios iMac19,1 just for update capabilities.

Don't wonder, iMac without iGPU. Since Ventura it is possible and works fine, very fine, including sleep/wake, DRM, QuickLook on JPEG and RAW. All is fine. 

Well, of course you don't use this patches since the Booter Patches can't be applied with Clover…

1 hour ago, Slice said:

So if you are using clover (or OpenCore) to boot Sonoma, how did you make the Root Patching before booting ??

Edited by MacNB

5 minutes ago, MacNB said:

So if you are using clover (or OpenCore) to boot Sonoma, how did you make the Root Patching before booting ??

For a what? I boot Sonoma as usual.

It's amazing! With the patch and boot-arg still in place, the update showed up but offered the full installer.

Revert the patch and normalized the config.plists, reboot, clean NvRAM and the 1.54 GB incremental update was offered.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-08-22at19_19_22.png.9a65190a920cd5a77cc56379773f2342.png

• Like 10

Kaby Lake rig went fine:

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 11.27.06 AM.png

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Revert the patch and normalized the config.plists, reboot, clean NvRAM and the 1.54 GB incremental update was offered

You don't need to change the boot-args, just revert the root patches and the incremental update will still show up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1