[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

I am not having that problem with mine, there are lots of factors that can affect down load speed. Has anything changed from before Sonoma, are you multi booting so that you can make a comparison in another OS?

Hi eSaF, nothing has been changed, with Ventura and below the card is fast as 24MB/sec, the only issue is with Sonoma, dunno why is this.... had intel 210ax before for Sonoma and was working fast, yes am on Multi booting

Edited by maly70
  • Like 1

Hi guys good night,

I have installed MacOS Sonoma beta 5, but I have some annoyances that I want to erase, my Sonoma ssd don't boot without the USB installer and after boot it takes 10 seconds with the beachball to enter after the password.

For that reason I want to make a new USB installer and after trying various times the results is this picture below...

Anyone knows how I solve this?

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2023-08-18, às 23.38.25.png

Captura de ecrã 2023-08-18, às 23.40.13.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

You should make sure to erase the whole drive where you are going to install in APFS and GUID partition map. Disk Utility makes the EFI partition for you.

Or create manually,

Just go to disk utility, choose view, show all. Now, select the physical disk at the root level. Choose "partition". It will give you a warning, choose to partition anyways. Now create a 300MB partition in the format FAT (FAT32). Name it EFI. Run the operation

Once you're done, place your EFI folder in the EFI partition

Edit: this is not the best way to recreate an EFI partition, it's just the easiest.

Edited by ANTIKO
  • Like 3

After many trials and errors my M5A(FX-6300) can boot Sonoma with Clover 5151 now !

The key issue is related to my GPU RX-560 which need RadeonDeInit to avoid blank screen before login desktop and also fix previous unable to wakeup from sleep issue at Ventura/Sonoma now !

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 11.55.45 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 11.56.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 11.56.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 11.54.45 AM.png

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys good night,

I have installed MacOS Sonoma beta 5, but I have some annoyances that I want to erase, my Sonoma ssd don't boot without the USB installer and after boot it takes 10 seconds with the beachball to enter after the password.

For that reason I want to make a new USB installer and after trying various times the results is this picture below...

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2023-08-18, às 23.38.25.png

Captura de ecrã 2023-08-18, às 23.40.13.png

Hi @MorenoAv

With Disk Utiliity, the USB key must be format macOS Journalized with Table Partition GUID. ESP is created automatically. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Franziska1993 said:

Hello jsl2000, 

has your config.plist  the cpu-patch what I can also use for OpenCore or is the cpu-patch different?

I have the same ASUS Mobo, but with AMD FX 4300.

Regards, Franziska1993

Vanilla kernel patch for OpenCore is different from that of Clover.

Because I can enable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo quirk in Clover 5151 you may apply to your FX 4300 except change core No. from 6 to 4 in respective patches (totally 4 I think).

After I got how to convert RadeonDeInit from Clover to OpenCore I'll post my config.plist for OC 0.9.4 ASAP.

• Like 1

Thank you all that helped me, I solved the issue with another usb drive, that one usually was used with windows, and this time with macOS it refused to create the ESP, but this problem was solved...

But the one that I can solve is the boot without usb installer, I'll upload my EFI folder for your help...

Thank you 

EFI.zip

13 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@jsl2000 Looks like there's no such thing as RadeonDeinit in OpenCore. But maybe this could be achieved with an ACPI or Kernel patch in OC as well

Can you or anyone who can provide more detailed info to fix this issue ?

2 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Thank you all that helped me, I solved the issue with another usb drive, that one usually was used with windows, and this time with macOS it refused to create the ESP, but this problem was solved...

But the one that I can solve is the boot without usb installer, I'll upload my EFI folder for your help...

Thank you 

EFI.zip 16.96 MB · 4 downloads

Hi Moreno, apparently you used OCAT, but I'm not sure. I also see that it uses DSDT with some alerts (warnings) and if you manage to boot with your EFI, which is already something remarkable, because Opencore today has hardly accepted it, unless the DSDT is "perfect" and corrected, I see that the ESP problem is perhaps linked to a previous Windows installation. Unfortunately if so, the previous installation of Windows transforms the EFI partition into ESP. I suggest you use the GParted tool with Rufus to use as a partitioner. I suggest that you copy your EFI with it and paste it in the ESP. But better if you format all disk without partition and redo the process, starting from macOs first. Then Windows. Good luck.

You can try use SSDTTime to extract essentials SSDTs. After that, you can change for your DSDT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Thank you 

EFI.zip 16.96 MB · 8 downloads

Hi @MorenoAv

There is some structure errors :

• config.plist:  Kext order: Lilu must be first, followed by VirtualSMC, put AirportBrcmFixup to False (for Sonoma)
  • Structure: two kexts at EFI/, they must be in EFI/Kexts even if you don't use them.

Do you try to copy/paste your working USB EFI folder to your EFI Hard disk, reset NVRAM !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

config.plist:  Kext order: Lilu must be first

I thought this was a given and a golden rule, it's amazing some are still making this basic error putting other kexts before the Lilu.kext in the config.plist and then wonder why they have problems or cannot boot.

The OpenCore Guide clearly states Lilu.kext must be first the first kext in the kext tree unless things has changed as I haven't read the Guide now for some time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks to @Max.1974, @Matgen84, @eSaF, for your help

Don't forget that Lilu MUST BE BEFORE its plugins, if a kext is not a Lilu plugin, it doesn't depend of Lilu and can be placed before Lilu or anywhere. IntelMausi is not Lilu plugin, so it can go before Lilu. But it's universally accepted that it's better that Lilu goes in the first place, VirtualSMC it's Lilu plugin and is a mandatory kext and better if is loaded in early stage.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Don't forget that Lilu MUST BE BEFORE its plugins, if a kext is not a Lilu plugin, it doesn't depend of Lilu and can be placed before Lilu or anywhere.

Thanks for that my friend as that is something I wasn't aware of, not knowing what is dependent on Lilu or not so just to be on the safe side, I place all kexts after Lilu.

• Like 4

On 8/13/2023 at 1:20 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Yes. My bad I edited my post, it is Maxwell but it only worked with nVidia Webdrivers right? 

hi, i managed to install the patch with opencorelegacypatcher 0.6.9

Screenshot 2023-08-20 alle 14.32.09.png

Screenshot 2023-08-20 alle 14.31.59.png

Edited by Soul92
  • Like 6

In my 13600k it starts perfectly from the flash drive, but when it should load the graphical environment the screen stays black. It doesn't like my 6800xt 

I have a RX 6800 XT in my AMD rig and I don’t believe I did anything special for it to work with Sonoma or anything prior. I do know I am not using Whatevergreen.

The only issue I have with that system is unless my monitor is on before I switch the pc on no OS can be seen on screen, not even OpenCore picker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk