[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

Is it real m2 Mac?  It is not possible through cloning to external drive I think you did clean install to external drive  m I right?
As I know cloning issues on m series chip

Yes, Its a M2 Max Mac Studio. I tried cloning but it could not boot so I installed using usb onto external 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Soul92 said:

hello, I tried and I also found the information you gave me, thank you, unfortunately with OCLP and sonoma beta5 it tells me OS not supported

Are you sure that not forgot change Nvram Boot args and use the necessary kexts?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a84e8dac581fb6fb6863e5fcabb8a09d.png

Spoiler

image.png.ddb206f024a1f689c4cf304fe4141c1a.png

config.plist.zip

MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eSaF said:

This is a Bug in the early Betas but is fixed in Beta 5.

If you're gonna stay with B3 for the time being, here is a link to fix Time and Date in Terminal.

https://macosx-faq.com/how-to-change-date-time-terminal/

You need to insure OCLP is the 'Nightly Version 0.6.9' and not the released 0.6.8 version which I can see from your pic (which is for real Macs) for it to work, if I am understanding your query.

Thanks,

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eSaF said:

You need to insure OCLP is the 'Nightly Version 0.6.9' and not the released 0.6.8 version which I can see from your pic (which is for real Macs) for it to work, if I am understanding your query.

thanks the installation worked, but when it restarted I don't see any change in graphics, it remains without gtx970, do I have to add kexts or modify the boot-args?

19 minutes ago, Soul92 said:

thanks the installation worked, but when it restarted I don't see any change in graphics, it remains without gtx970, do I have to add kexts or modify the boot-args?

In case you missed it, your GPU is not supported in macOS Sonoma or any other previous versions like Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave

Only macOS Sierra and High Sierra are supporting nVidia Web Drivers.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/macos-limits.html#gpu-support

• Like 3

14 minuti fa, Cyberdevs ha dichiarato:

Nel caso te lo fossi perso, la tua GPU non è supportata in macOS Sonoma o in qualsiasi altra versione precedente come Ventura, Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina e Mojave

Solo macOS Sierra e High Sierra supportano i driver Web nVidi.

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pull/1077#issuecomment-1646934494 I found this on github that might work

32 minutes ago, Soul92 said:

The last Mac that has a nVidia GPU is the 2013 iMac which has a Kepler chipset that Apple officially supported until macOS Catalina and your GPU is Maxwell which Apple never used in any Mac so that won't apply to you.

Screen Shot 2023-08-13 at 2.20.27 PM.png

But if you'd like to test that and prove that it works be my guest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The last Mac that has a nVidia GPU is the 2013 iMac which has a Kepler chipset that Apple officially supported until macOS Catalina and your GPU is Pascal which Apple never used in any Mac so that won't apply to you.

Screen Shot 2023-08-13 at 2.20.27 PM.png

But if you'd like to test that and prove that it works be my guest.

My nvidia gtx970 is maxvell and worked with high sierra

Is Intel power Gadget working in Sonoma? Or is it just me having a borked install...

By the way, I run Sonoma purely for the amazing screen saver / background lol. I love the way it animates then slowly grinds to a halt when screensaver stops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, surfinchina said:

Is Intel power Gadget working in Sonoma? Or is it just me having a borked install...

By the way, I run Sonoma purely for the amazing screen saver / background lol. I love the way it animates then slowly grinds to a halt when screensaver stops.

I happened to have the app when I upgraded to Sonoma. It worked for me but I uninstalled it anyways.

2 hours ago, surfinchina said:

Working fine in Beta 5, don't forget you have to give it permission to access the Disk and

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-08-14at08_01_11.thumb.png.641b19fcf8e34d63b6b5424ed68dd724.pngScreenshot2023-08-14at08_01_54.png.500f49610693b3737edce19449bbf8f1.png

then reboot. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi all

On my Z390 rig, macOs Sonoma show up Desktop and Finder, very slow at start, compare to my Z77 (Monterey). Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Not really, a 'Cold Boot' on my machine takes 45 seconds to reach the Desktop and that includes password entry.

I test the boot time after every new Beta install by pressing the P/C 'On Button' and 'Stopwatch'  function on the iPhone simultaneously to see any change in boot time compared to the previous.

Yes kind of Geekish I know but eeeh......what yah gonna do!!!??? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Disable TRIM.

Thanks. I don't use TRIM.

1 hour ago, Blesh said:

Some one with the new beta 6 link at hand?

Apple publish Beta every fortnight : Beta 5 > 08/08/2023, so probaly Beta 6 > 23/08/2023.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, maly70 said:

Hi mates,

I patched Fenvi T919 with OCLP and setup all required kexts with OC, the speed is too slow, not more than 468K/sec, am I having this issue? 

I don't patch yet my Fenvi T919. So I can't answer to you. At this time, I use my Intel 9560 ac with AirportItwlm Preview 05.

40 minutes ago, maly70 said:

Hi mates,

I patched Fenvi T919 with OCLP and setup all required kexts with OC, the speed is too slow, not more than 468K/sec, am I having this issue? 

I am not having that problem with mine, there are lots of factors that can affect down load speed. Has anything changed from before Sonoma, are you multi booting so that you can make a comparison in another OS?

42 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I am not having that problem with mine, there are lots of factors that can affect down load speed. Has anything changed from before Sonoma, are you multi booting so that you can make a comparison in another OS?

Me either... works flawless on my second Mackintosh

• Like 1