[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

@mnfesq If you post your EFI, I'd be happy to take a look.  Once the Wi-FI patch is properly applied, it should never need to be removed and should not interfere with normal Wi-Fi operation. Happy to help if you want the help.

EDIT: the Wi-Fi ACPI patch shouldn't need to rename WiFi to ARPT and shouldn't interfere with the true identity of your Wi-Fi as recognized by macOS (e.g., no need for macOS to think your 4352 is a 4360).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

@Max.1974

The credit for editing your post goes to someone else.

But using the spoiler is pretty easy you just upload the pictures attach them then select them and use the spoiler (the eye) icon and they will be wrapped inside the spoiler tag automatically.

or click the spoiler and drag the picture you want to attach and drop it in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@mnfesq If you post your EFI, I'd be happy to take a look.  Once the Wi-FI patch is properly applied, it should never need to be removed and should not interfere with normal Wi-Fi operation. Happy to help if you want the help.

EDIT: the Wi-Fi ACPI patch shouldn't need to rename WiFi to ARPT and shouldn't interfere with the true identity of your Wi-Fi as recognized by macOS (e.g., no need for macOS to think your 4352 is a 4360).

Perhaps I should clarify that, until I reverted to the configuration I used when I first used OCLP to patch my wifi, I did not get the OCLP pop-up after installation of beta 5 saying that I needed to re-patch.  When I ran OCLP prior to reverting to the configuration I first used to patch my wifi, OCLP did not find anything requiring patching.  BTW, wifi was recognized by macOS but could not find any wireless networks.  It could only find my iPhone's hotspot.  After restoring the original patching configuration, OCLP gave me a pop-up saying my wifi needed re-patching and, after repatching, my wifi device could discovery local wifi networks.

With that, here is a copy of a portion of my EFI. I use boot selector so I removed my Clover folder.  I also removed my kexts from the OC/Kexts folder to reduce file size.  Lastly, I removed my personal info from Platform Info.

mnfesq's EFI.zip

I don't really have a problem keeping the config required to run the OCLP patch with the exception of the csr-active-config, as stated previously.  I just liked the idea of keeping my config as simple and clean as possible. That's why I initially removed some of the changes which you stated were actually unnecessary.  Thanks for taking a peek. (P.S. - Please don't give me "shirt" about using a DSDT.  MaLd0n prepared it for me many years ago and while I made modifications to it over the years, it provides a lot of functionality that was missing without it.)

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 2

@cankiulascmnfye

look at these

Sonoma clean installed:

Spoiler

|   +-> Volume disk2s4 BECCB49B-37D9-4971-B184-A90D07CF5856

|   |   ---------------------------------------------------

|   |   APFS Volume Disk (Role):   disk2s4 (System)

|   |   Name:                      14 (Case-insensitive)

|   |   Mount Point:               Not Mounted

|   |   Capacity Consumed:         9799495680 B (9.8 GB)

|   |   Sealed:                    Yes

|   |   FileVault:                 No

|   |   |

|   |   Snapshot:                  0A8383B6-E29C-4E04-8289-488B6D4063B0

|   |   Snapshot Disk:             disk2s4s1

|   |   Snapshot Mount Point:      /

|   |   Snapshot Sealed:           Yes

Sonoma after root patches being applied:

Spoiler

|   +-> Volume disk8s4 BECCB49B-37D9-4971-B184-A90D07CF5856

|   |   APFS Volume Disk (Role):   disk8s4 (System)

|   |   Capacity Consumed:         9826947072 B (9.8 GB)

|   |   Sealed:                    Broken

|   |   |

|   |   Snapshot:                  DE5D8EC0-5CB5-4365-B93E-496B8C07E654

|   |   Snapshot Disk:             disk8s4s1

|   |   Snapshot Sealed:           Broken

Sonoma after reverting root patches:

Spoiler

|   +-> Volume disk7s4 BECCB49B-37D9-4971-B184-A90D07CF5856

|   |   APFS Volume Disk (Role):   disk7s4 (System)

|   |   Capacity Consumed:         9799598080 B (9.8 GB)

|   |   Sealed:                    Yes

|   |   |

|   |   Snapshot:                  0A8383B6-E29C-4E04-8289-488B6D4063B0

|   |   Snapshot Disk:             disk7s4s1

|   |   Snapshot Sealed:           Yes

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@mek21

About the finder I didn't notice that issue at first but I just arranged them by OS version in the sidebar and with every reboot they get rearranged. I do have this issue on Monterey as well so I don't think that's specific to Sonoma.

And finally the guys at Apple have realized how annoying the Click on desktop to show items must have been for everyone so upon a clean install (or on updated to DP 5 i guess) they added this small Tool Tip. Ha ha!

image.png

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

After a clean install, I can't install Command Line Developer Tools. I get an error message that it's not available on the server. I can't find it as a standalone download on Apple's Developer Site either.

You need to have a developer account for being able to download it:

https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_15_beta_6/Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_15_beta_6.dmg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The link will lead you here but as @Cyberdevs said you need a Developers Account to access the page.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-08-10at20_05_18.thumb.png.62a8c00dce1062747f0353e7e206bb75.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soul92 said:

hello everyone, i have installed Sonoma beta5, i have a gtx 970, how can i install driver with OpenLegacypatcher?

No for that GPU you need nvidia web drivers that are not available beyond High Sierra

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

for those who wants to approach to OCLP, I suggest to read this part of this guide in order to maintain the same SMBIOS without loosing hardware capabilities (spoofing of SMBIOS): https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/09_Board-ID_VMM-Spoof thanks @cankiulascmnfye

Probably most of you had already known this, but I was really pleased to apply the passages in the guide in order to have my hardware back to work (I'm talking about my E7450 which showed some broken hardware, like bluetooth, when using a quite different SMBIOS than the last supported one).

I thought this would have been useful to the community, as it was useful for my experience.

Cheers

Edited by acquarius13
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Soul92 I think @Cyberdevs is correct and you may not be able to use OCLP for your graphics.  However, I remember reading a commit in Open Core Legacy Patcher GitHub repo that was specifically intended to install NVidia Web Drivers.  I don't know if the commit ever made it into an OCLP release and I have no idea if the Nvidia Web Drivers in OCLP support your graphics.  If you're open to experimenting and you're not afraid to fail, you should be able to try installing OCLP post-install patches.  If OCLP detects your graphics for patching, then you have a chance.  If OCLP does not detect your graphics, then you're no worse off than you are now.  The instructions below aren't sufficient for a final OCLP install and the attached plist does not include everything for a final OCLP install, but it should be enough to see if OCLP detects your graphics.

Try the following:

• Do your testing in Big Sur to start and do your testing in an APFS volume that you can afford to lose.  Make your EFI changes on a bootable USB thumb drive so that you are not risking the EFI on your SSD (unless you can afford to lose that, too).
  • Edit your OC config.plist as follows:
    • Partially disable SIP (see attached plist for csr-active-config)
    • Disable AMFI (see attached plist for boot-arg amfi=0x80)
    • Add other boot-args in the attached plist
  • Reboot after you've modified your EFI
  • Use OCLP 0.6.8 Release to apply post install patches

If OCLP detects your graphics for patching, consider yourself lucky.

OCLP-NVidia-patcher-plist.plist.zip

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, eSaF said:

The link will lead you here but as @Cyberdevs said you need a Developers Account to access the page.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot2023-08-10at20_05_18.thumb.png.62a8c00dce1062747f0353e7e206bb75.png

And if someone find some issues, its necessary fix Xcode folder library with this commands

sudo mkdir -p /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

sudo touch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/.beta

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-15-release-notes

sudo mkdir -p /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools sudo touch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/.beta

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mek21 said:

Beta 5 ok with AirportItlwm.kext preview 5.

Anyone having trouble with (finder) disks on desktop not maintaining position between boots?

I notice that Airport intel gave me lost HID Proxy boot with my Apple bluetooth devices (Keyboard and Magic Mouse), but when install dual boot at same disk (Nvme or SSD) lost search on spotlight, need command to fix Reindex Spotlight. 

Edited by Max.1974

7 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Sonoma Beta 5 done and dusted on external drive 🤪

image.png.6a335dd12a907bb4dfce9e801d1c7a4f.png

Is it real m2 Mac?  It is not possible through cloning to external drive I think you did clean install to external drive  m I right?
As I know cloning issues on m series chip

On 8/11/2023 at 1:09 AM, deeveedee said:

@Soul92 I think @Cyberdevs is correct and you may not be able to use OCLP for your graphics.  However, I remember reading a commit in Open Core Legacy Patcher GitHub repo that was specifically intended to install NVidia Web Drivers.  I don't know if the commit ever made it into an OCLP release and I have no idea if the Nvidia Web Drivers in OCLP support your graphics.  If you're open to experimenting and you're not afraid to fail, you should be able to try installing OCLP post-install patches.  If OCLP detects your graphics for patching, then you have a chance.  If OCLP does not detect your graphics, then you're no worse off than you are now.  The instructions below aren't sufficient for a final OCLP install and the attached plist does not include everything for a final OCLP install, but it should be enough to see if OCLP detects your graphics.

Try the following:

• Do your testing in Big Sur to start and do your testing in an APFS volume that you can afford to lose.  Make your EFI changes on a bootable USB thumb drive so that you are not risking the EFI on your SSD (unless you can afford to lose that, too).
  • Edit your OC config.plist as follows:
    • Partially disable SIP (see attached plist for csr-active-config)
    • Disable AMFI (see attached plist for boot-arg amfi=0x80)
    • Add other boot-args in the attached plist
  • Reboot after you've modified your EFI
  • Use OCLP 0.6.8 Release to apply post install patches

If OCLP detects your graphics for patching, consider yourself lucky.

OCLP-NVidia-patcher-plist.plist.zip 1003 B · 18 downloads

hello, I tried and I also found the information you gave me, thank you, unfortunately with OCLP and sonoma beta5 it tells me OS not supported

IMG_20230812_185806.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luky35 said:

Is this a bug. I have Sonoma B3 installed.

This is a Bug in the early Betas but is fixed in Beta 5.

If you're gonna stay with B3 for the time being, here is a link to fix Time and Date in Terminal.

https://macosx-faq.com/how-to-change-date-time-terminal/

38 minutes ago, Soul92 said:

hello, I tried and I also found the information you gave me, thank you, unfortunately with OCLP and sonoma beta5 it tells me OS not supported

You need to insure OCLP is the 'Nightly Version 0.6.9' and not the released 0.6.8 version which I can see from your pic (which is for real Macs) for it to work, if I am understanding your query.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3