[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Outlook is crashing, worked fine up until Beta 4, can anyone else confirm they are having issues with Microsoft Outlook?

It's working Ok for me Bro.

• Like 1

Hi guys, how are you doing? Hope fine!!!

im pass a few hours compiled my kexts, with Xcode 15 beta 6 (compatible with Xcode 14 on Sonoma). 

Im noticed that im using another revpatch on Nvram like print 

And follow my kexts if help somenone

New update without errors. 

iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS not need change

I have important to said that come kexts im using with code signature folder included. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8ef2dac1cf54cd9f9bf3448d0921a2a5.pngimage.png.21ebce4207899a40283efee61ecadf96.png

image.png.bec167686c04b0b0e722ed52c622a6ed.png

image.png.ab0260833c8dcf4570d895d3cdd9cca4.png

image.thumb.png.15bd31f9cc65060c6ff49152cb027433.png

For exemple

RestrictEvents 1.1.3  

image.png.40fdb01c6a42fa6a37cc8a02e9e63cd9.png

image.png.6f743058a5699907f1e96f7681b995ae.png

Kexts zip 

Don't forget use your USB kext

image.thumb.png.078c1431cc93f7404acdef6740c44744.png

Best Regards 

Kexts XCODE 15 Beta.zip

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, deeveedee said:

Without the kernel patches, my hack detects the OTA update and I can download the update, but the update's macOS Installer gets stuck in a boot-loop.  If I enable the kernel patches, the macOS installer isn't stuck in a boot-loop.

Is anyone else seeing this by any chance?

Me. On Ivy Bridge and lower.

2 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi guys, how are you doing? Hope fine!!!

im pass a few hours compiled my kexts, with Xcode 15 beta 6 (compatible with Xcode 14 on Sonoma). 

Im noticed that im using another revpatch on Nvram like print 

And follow my kexts if help somenone

New update without errors. 

iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS not need change

I have important to said that come kexts im using with code signature folder included. 

image.thumb.png.8ef2dac1cf54cd9f9bf3448d0921a2a5.pngimage.png.21ebce4207899a40283efee61ecadf96.png

image.png.bec167686c04b0b0e722ed52c622a6ed.png

image.png.ab0260833c8dcf4570d895d3cdd9cca4.png

image.thumb.png.15bd31f9cc65060c6ff49152cb027433.png

For exemple

RestrictEvents 1.1.3  

image.png.40fdb01c6a42fa6a37cc8a02e9e63cd9.png

image.png.6f743058a5699907f1e96f7681b995ae.png

Kexts zip 

Don't forget use your USB kext

image.thumb.png.078c1431cc93f7404acdef6740c44744.png

Best Regards 

Kexts XCODE 15 Beta.zip 4.36 MB · 4 downloads

It will be nice if you'll use "spoiler".

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

It will be nice if you'll use "spoiler".

I don't want to disrespect or upset my Bro but that post as helpful and informative as it is does take up a lot of real estate. :angel:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't want to disrespect or upset my Bro but that post as helpful and informative as it is does take up a lot of real estate. :angel:

In the window message, there is a spoiler function useful for pictures or long text as @Stefanalmare suggests. Then have a look to Reveal hiden content

Spoiler

image.png.1b6c4ccb93b3fbb1f111457279d6a638.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I had Sonoma working great on beta 4 even WiFi, one thing that wouldn't work was iMessage.. Then silly me decided to update to beta 5, got to my sign in page started loading then crashed and went back to the beginning. Tried everything but nada. So now back on Ventura.

18 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Well, I had Sonoma working great on beta 4 even WiFi, one thing that wouldn't work was iMessage.. Then silly me decided to update to beta 5, got to my sign in page started loading then crashed and went back to the beginning. Tried everything but nada. So now back on Ventura.

I have running Ventura from about a year on z690 Aorus Master beautifully. Take a look at this config, maybe it can help you.

config.plist

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

For Intel Wifi users: I had to disable AirportItlwm-Sonoma-Preview04 kext in order to update to Sonoma beta 5. I've reverted to itlwm.kext + Heliport for the time being.

Beta 5 feels snappier to me overall than previous builds

Hi @cankiulascmnfye Can you share the last itwlm 2.3.0 (version 2.2.0 don't work) + Heliport because I don't find them to update from Sonoma Beta 4 to Beta 5. Please

AirportItlwm-Sonomoma-Preview 05 is published but the kext works only on Beta5+

Edited by Matgen84

@Cyberdevs Or anyone in the know - Hi I have a query, After getting the incremental update with the RE kext and the boot-arg Entry, do you remove the kext and boot-arg or do you leave them there? I tend to remove them. Just wondering if ok to leave them as is. Cheers.

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Cyberdevs Or anyone in the know - Hi I have a query, After getting the incremental update with the RE kext and the boot-arg Entry, do you remove the kext and boot-arg or do you leave them there? I tend to remove them. Just wondering if ok to leave them as is. Cheers.

I just leave them be for the next update. No need to remove them afiak

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @cankiulascmnfye Can you share the last itwlm 2.3.0 (version 2.2.0 don't work) + Heliport because I don't find them to update from Sonoma Beta 4 to Beta 5. Please

AirportItlwm-Sonomoma-Preview 05 is published but the kext works only on Beta5+

I can't share my itlwn.kext because I build it from source  and it only contains the firmware for Intel AC-9560 (Firmware: iwm-9000-46)

Heliport can be downloaded from openintelwirelss: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/HeliPort

This issue contains all betas of AirportItlwm for Sonoma: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/883

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I can't share my itlwn.kext because I build it from source  and it only contains the firmware for Intel AC-9560 (Firmware: iwm-9000-46)

Heliport can be downloaded from openintelwirelss: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/HeliPort

This issue contains all betas of AirportItlwm for Sonoma: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/883

I have also an Intel AC-9560 on my Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390. So can share itlwm.kext if you want.

14 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I never revert root patches prior to updating. And I've been applying root patches on my Laptop eversince Monterey. Simply because the full installer is downloaded everytime on a system with applied root patches because this breaks the security seal of the volume. So updating/upgraiding  in this case completely reinstalls macOS as a whole anyway.

On a real Mac reverting the root patches makes the volume inside the container sealed again and as the results the incremental updates being presented instead of the full installer download.

you can check the the status of the volume before root patching which is sealed which changes to Sealed: Broken or No after applying the root patches and once again to Sealed: Yes after reverting the patches.

diskutil apfs list

will show you the changes as I described above. Once again his is on a genuine Mac, on hacks it might be a bit different because the seal is either set to Broken or No even after reverting the root patches which brings the RestrictEvents and the boot-arg in play.

P.S.

On my iMac15,1 (Late 2014) iMac the RestrictEvenets.kext is present but there's no need for revpatch=sbvmm

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Me. On Ivy Bridge and lower.

Thank you for confirming.  Do you know if this boot-loop problem is specific to hacks, or does it also happen on real Macs?  If it only happens on your hacks, would you mind posting a config.plist from one of your affected hacks?  Thanks!

I have started my own diagnosis of this issue here.

Edited by deeveedee

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

Eu não quero desrespeitar ou chatear meu irmão, mas esse post, tão útil e informativo quanto é, convém muito imobiliário.:anjo:

@eSaF Thanks my friend!!!

Thanks too @Cyberdevs for ajust my post. I will learn how use spoiler :) 

5 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Eu. Na Ivy Bridge e abaixo.

Será bom se você usar "spoiler".

I have no idea how use them. But will try next post. Sorry :( 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Meerkat said:

My iMessage works fine since 1th Sonoma beta. Probably is some config or kext. It works with intel wifi and Broadcom. Im not use OCLP. 

Maybe you need some help from @MaLd0n that is an expert in this tread. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9bda6fa4772e7fc297aaa2a0833284e3.png

Spoiler

image.png.08ba229a0ce7ff2b580aa44c51a7b9a6.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 7:41 AM, deeveedee said:

@mnfesq I'm glad there was one other person (besides me) who found value in my ACPI patching technique. 😂   I have found that the PXSX->ARPT rename is not necessary and only the device parameter spoofing is required for OCLP to detect BCM 94352 as a patchable Wi-Fi.

My update to beta 5 went very smoothly and without incident until I had to reapply the OLCP patches.  Every change I needed to make to patch wifi originally needed to be restored including (1) restoring the spoof in my DSDT to make my 4352 wifi card appear as a 4360 card; (2) the PSXS->ARPT SSDT, (3) the spoof patch to ACPI to make my wifi card appear to OLCP as 4353 in config.plist; and (4) change csr-active-config to 03080000.  

Given the frequency that I update Sonoma, I will just keep those changes on a permanent basis except the csr-active-config, because I need SIP disabled to run some of the software I like.