[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Thanks, did not work for me.

Sorry man - Did you enter the CPU PCIe values in Device Properties into your config.plist plus the '0' (zero) value as shown in my examples, reboot and reset NvRam?

Strange it didn't work out for you. Another idea, don't use Mackie's OC Configurator, use a proper config editor i.e PlistEdit Pro or similar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Sorry man - Did you enter the CPU PCIe values in Device Properties into your config.plist plus the '0' (zero) value as shown in my examples, reboot and reset NvRam?

Strange it didn't work out for you. Another idea, don't use Mackie's OC Configurator, use a proper config editor i.e PlistEdit Pro or similar.

Yup, I copied it to similar to yours but I also have it under NVRam, should I have removed it from there

image.thumb.png.e716d9101037dc9c45c1352167ef5288.png

@surenmunoo - This is mine, looks like yours is showing three PCIe entries, try the one here from your pic as shown here.

PS - The zero value let's the machine automatically enter the correct CPU Value so yes I would remove the entries in NvRAM which I think is the cause for incorrect or CPU value not showing.

Spoiler

1167009576_Screenshot2023-08-08at08_25_44.thumb.png.9876aaaf8c089627e24682acc3d184c8.png997217830_Screenshot2023-08-08at08_20_33.thumb.png.4f2fcf8ff7698b7e961330577e676df1.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

Try this as shown, there was no need to delete the whole NvRAM line just the CPU entry added there

Spoiler

133986403_Screenshot2023-08-08at08_56_53.png.9d17a207e26db7a76a5fda4424428f53.png

would have suffice.

PS - I think we are in danger of going OT here, maybe we should move subject matter to a different Thread to keep Mods/Admin happy. :angel:

Edited by eSaF

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Try this as shown, there was no need to delete the whole NvRAM line just the CPU entry added there

Reveal hidden contents

133986403_Screenshot2023-08-08at08_56_53.png.9d17a207e26db7a76a5fda4424428f53.png

would have suffice.

PS - I think we are in danger of going OT here, maybe we should move subject matter to a different Thread to keep Mods/Admin happy. :angel:

Thanks, Yeah not working. I will leave it there

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Thanks, Yeah not working. I will leave it there

Personally I would try all three PCIe outputs from Hackintool one by one coupled with the '0' Processor value entry.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to get the correct CPU value to show in 'About This Mac'.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 10:23 AM, Skyfallkavu said:

Will test on iMacPro1,1. Just added restrictevents and revpatch=sbvmm. I won't be reverting OCLP patches, but I wouldn't mind if it gives me full package. Previously software update has just been giving me failed to download on all of Sonoma. I've been updating through running the .pkg for each. Now to wait for b5.

I'm being offered the full installer, but at least software update is working with this. Did not revert root patches, so I'm pleased this may be the best I'll get.

4 minutes ago, Skyfallkavu said:

I'm being offered the full installer, but at least software update is working with this. Did not revert root patches, so I'm pleased this may be the best I'll get.

if you revert the patches you'll get the incremental updates

KabyLake rig:

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 10.24.05 AM.png

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@Skyfallkavu

in addition you're gonna need the RestrictEvents.kext and boot-arg: revpatch=sbvmm to get the incremental updates. Reverting the root patches ins't enough to get the incremental updates.

Yeah, that's what I was confirming testing. Without RE.kext and the boot arg I'd fail to download anything at all. I'm good with full installer because I'm too lazy to reboot to revert root patches. Whats a few more gb download anyway.

Edit: Also happy to report Music.app is fixed in this beta

Edited by Skyfallkavu
  • Like 4

My fake Mac 20,1 T2 Chip wannabe is still rocking!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Here is my convoluted way to get incremental updates.

I have an EFI Folder with all updated OC files and kexts still based on a 20,1 Mac that forces updates.

I reverse OCLP patch and replace the EFI Folder to get the updates.

Reboot, clean NvRam and Update is offered.

After update, insure all is well then replace the EFI Folder, runOCLP again to get WIFI in Sonoma and all is well.

Cumbersome yes I know but it works for me.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 19.43.07.png

• Like 8