[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

For instance the last commit was 16 hours ago and the GUI version is from that commit.

I have just enrolled so that I can keep up to date on the latest builds opposed to building them my self.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Of course...but ill use it for work...and for video MacOS is only way...M2 GPU in this work is absolutely faster than every gpu on market...but, i agree with you to all 😊

I have a monster build with the Asus Z790 ProArt and 13900K but have been contemplating getting myself a M2 Mac Studio base model for a few days now as well 

I don't know if this is just happening on my machine, but I noticed the widgets are no longer live or active after end of Screensaver/Sleep. :shock:

See enclosed pic.

Spoiler

1835827329_Screenshot2023-08-01at19_51_23.thumb.png.b53ba94e456c930aa8aedf2a3d05c2bc.png

4 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

I have a monster build with the Asus Z790 ProArt and 13900K but have been contemplating getting myself a M2 Mac Studio base model for a few days now as well 

Please, please, please will the Rich Guys find other ways or means to discuss the size of their wallets/pockets.

All this talk about wealth is hurting my poor @ss eyes plus jealousy is creeping in. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't know if this is just happening on my machine, but I noticed the widgets are no longer live or active after end of Screensaver/Sleep. :shock:

See enclosed pic.

Reveal hidden contents

1835827329_Screenshot2023-08-01at19_51_23.thumb.png.b53ba94e456c930aa8aedf2a3d05c2bc.png

Please, please, please will the Rich Guys find other ways or means to discuss the size of their wallets/pockets.

All this talk about wealth is hurting my poor @ss eyes plus jealousy is creeping in. :hysterical:

Same here! Just run "killall NotificationCenter" in terminal and it works again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right about now I'm writing this in my Sonoma ssd, and at boot a OCLP popup showed an applied the patches and now I have wifi again...

At least it spared me the time necessary to re install Sonoma again... 

yupiiii

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yes I agree it is a PITA, it is a new feature, but what purpose it serves apart from annoying the user I don't have a clue.:no:

It's not a really a new feature. It's Mission Control's "Show Desktop" function that moves all windows to the outside of the screen if you are within apps. I usually have it mapped to an additional button on my mouse. It's a useful feature if you are inside an app or have lots of windows open to quickly access the desktop. But it's silly that it is triggered when you can already see the desktop… that's Apple 2023 smart thinking for ya :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CloverLeaf said:

BTW the Weather app is so damn precise! I was lazy to get the dogs out earlier and the app said "Rain in 12 minutes". Good thing I took 'em out immediately cuz it started pouring exactly after 12 minutes :D 

You can thank weather.com for providing the data and API for that – it's not something apple did :D

• Haha 2

Hi

Prepare to download the files.   macOS Sonoma beta 14.0 (23A5301h) ........... 2023-07-31 20:11:46 .. 12.92 GB .. 042-25574

mkdir /tmp/042-25574

curl -L --progress-bar https://swdist.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/042-25574.English.dist -o /tmp/042-25574/042-25574.English.dist
curl -L --progress-bar https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/BuildManifest.plist -o /tmp/042-25574/BuildManifest.plist
curl -L --progress-bar https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/Info.plist -o /tmp/042-25574/Info.plist
curl -L --progress-bar https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/InstallInfo.plist -o /tmp/042-25574/InstallInfo.plist
curl -L --progress-bar https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/MajorOSInfo.pkg -o /tmp/042-25574/MajorOSInfo.pkg
curl -L --progress-bar https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/UpdateBrain.zip -o /tmp/042-25574/UpdateBrain.zip
curl -L --progress-bar https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/53/042-25574-A_YJ7607N1CB/dwkoslehspd77g1c717yvjfdpj9rq6c1s4/InstallAssistant.pkg -o /tmp/042-25574/InstallAssistant.pkg

sudo installer -pkg  /tmp/042-25574/InstallAssistant.pkg -target /

ls -ltr /Applications | tail -1
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     wheel   96  2 aoû 14:50 Install macOS Sonoma beta.app

And with Mist image.png.05a238c67e5715ea22419ffa6f0dc47f.png

Regards

• Like 5

18 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

That just  greedy  heee hee

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, eSaF said:

See enclosed pic.

Reveal hidden contents

my wallets empty but. I have a Credit card

• Haha 3

On 8/1/2023 at 9:50 PM, Cyberdevs said:

Is there any reason that we're providing nightly build links that are not the official Dortania OCLP nightly build mentioned here.  Is there an advantage to the links that other people have copied?

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, deeveedee said:

Is there any reason that we're providing nightly build links that are not the official Dortania OCLP nightly build mentioned here.  Is there an advantage to the links that other people have copied?

Yes if you read this post you'll see there is a difference between the link in the SOURCE.md and the ones I build frequently.

I also read the: "Do not distribute direct links to the nightly builds, instead please link back to this pull request. As stated on SOURCE.md, these builds should be used very carefully:" I won't upload them unless I have tested them and made sure they won't break anything.

P.S.

I know the OCLP for Sonoma is in constant development and improvements and until they release the official version many things will change so with that in mind I'm building them and I thought maybe someone can use that so I decided to share them.

I won't be sharing them anymore.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Cyberdevs Thanks.  At the time of your original post, I complete missed the fact that there was a different repo for Sonoma OCLP.  Hard lesson learned (for me).

@mnfesq I'm glad there was one other person (besides me) who found value in my ACPI patching technique. 😂   I have found that the PXSX->ARPT rename is not necessary and only the device parameter spoofing is required for OCLP to detect BCM 94352 as a patchable Wi-Fi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@Cyberdevs Thanks.  At the time of your original post, I complete missed the fact that there was a different repo for Sonoma OCLP.  Hard lesson learned (for me).

@mnfesq I'm glad there was one other person (besides me) who found value in my ACPI patching technique. 😂   I have found that the PXSX->ARPT rename is not necessary and only the device parameter spoofing is required for OCLP to detect BCM 94352 as a patchable Wi-Fi.

No worries man happens to all of us! by the way I was following your efforts on the Wireless Adapter support for macOS Sonoma and I'm totally impressed! nice job man keep up the good work. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

No worries man happens to all of us! by the way I was following your efforts on the Wireless Adapter support for macOS Sonoma and I'm totally impressed! nice job man keep up the good work. :)

All that work and $5.00 and I have enough for a cup of coffee. 😂

• Haha 5

On 8/1/2023 at 4:16 PM, D3v1L said:

OTA is related to smbios (only T2 free, and above all, supported smbios receive OTA from Sonoma without using RE + sbvmm that simulate virtual machine for Apple update check runtime). What's yours?

iMac Pro 2017

I have just tried again with CsrActiveConfig 0x0. Still no update with iCloud signed-in.

Sonoma beta 3 + OpenCore 0.9.4 + iMacPro1,1 + Fenvi wireless by OCLP >> no update (system is up to date). I think this is as expected.

Updating to Sonoma beta 4:

1. sbvmm boot arg + Restrict Events >> incremental update but with full package
  2. sbvmm boot arg + Restrict Events + reverting OCLP root patch >> incremental update but with full package
  3. sbvmm boot arg + Restrict Events + removing OCLP changes (csr-active-config=00000000, SecureBootModel not Disabled, amfi=0x80 not in boot args and disabling the related kexts) >> incremental update ok
  4. changing SMBIOS to iMac19,1 >> incremental update ok.

After upgrading via mode 3, I root patched again and everything seems to work fine. Beta 4 runs slightly smoother than beta 3. Desktop appears less jerky and, in general, everything appears smoother.

Edited by Cyberdevs
Edited a Typo
  • Like 9

43 minutes ago, Henry2010 said:

iMac Pro 2017

I have just tried again with CsrActiveConfig 0x0. Still no update with iCloud signed-in.

iCloud signed or not, is not relevant at all. You use a T2 chip based smbios. For receive incremental ota update, you need to use RestrictEvents.kext with sbvmm boot-args otherwise, you don't give nothing. (or switch to imac19,1 smbios)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Sonoma beta 3 + OpenCore 0.9.4 + iMacPro1,1 + Fenvi wireless by OCLP >> no update (system is up to date). I think this is as expected.

Updating to Sonoma beta 4:

1. sbvmm boot arg + Restrict Events >> incremental update but with full package
  2. sbvmm boot arg + Restrict Events + reverting OCLP root patch >> incremental update but with full package
  3. sbvmm boot arg + Restrict Events + removing OCLP changes (csr-active-config=00000000, SecureBootModel not Disabled, amfi=0x80 not in boot args and disabling the related kexts) >> incremental update ok
  4. changing SMBIOS to iMac19,1 >> incremental update ok.

After upgrading via mode 3, I root patched again and everything seems to work fine. Beta 4 runs slightly smoother than beta 3. Desktop appears less jerky and, in general, everything appears smoother.

I guess the SMBIOS part is what's different from your experience and mine, I didn't change my config, just reverted the root patches on iMac19,1 SMBIOS and I got the incremental updates.

• Like 1