[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

Keyboard to move through the Launchpad icons and run an app by pressing Enter does work in beta 4.

In previous betas it was possible to scroll through the icons but not launch the app pressing Enter.

• Like 3

I get confused for a while and they release a new beta 😄

At the moment I get the OTA update... to see if it installs without setbacks

1012670891_Capturadepantalla2023-07-26alas1_11_12.thumb.png.39589def3a329a8f765924bfec994241.png

A while later....

It has been updated without problems.

1904262938_Capturadepantalla2023-07-26alas1_55_15.png.66884210be86ad2dd0e7e973318e8c15.png

And as you can see I have re-flashed the RX6650XT with its stock bios... on these more modern motherboards it works perfectly just by injecting the Device-id of the 6600XT ( 73FF )

On the Msi B450 I had to flash it or I had to choose between having HDMI audio or DRM, it was impossible to get it all to work together without switching to the bios of a RX6600XT 🤷‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, ichelash said:

BT is very important, for Airdrop to work, BT must be working too...😉

Yes, that's true, without BT, Airdrop doesn't work either. I hadn't thought about it at all.

But before I break everything on the Hacki1 again, I'll leave it like that, without WLAN

and I've found "Localsend" as a good replacement for Airdrop.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Try this version of Bluetoolfixup: BlueToolFixup.kext.zip

I tried various bluetooth card on legacy, none works. I suspect that bluetooth linked to USB1.1 has no driver implemented yet in Sonoma.

33 minutes ago, Blesh said:

Stupid question. Does the OCLP patch also work for BCM943602CS ? Not sure if they the same devices (BCM94360 and BCM943602CS)

Yes, all BCM94360...........

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I tried various bluetooth card on legacy, none works. I suspect that bluetooth linked to USB1.1 has no driver implemented yet in Sonoma.

Yes, all BCM94360...........

USB1.1 has been dropped since Ventura. If this is the issue you have to apply root patches with OCLP first to bring back USB 1.1 support.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

USB1.1 has been dropped since Ventura. If this is the issue you have to apply root patches with OCLP first to bring back USB 1.1 support.

I know man........ from long time ago....... I mean, just Sonoma bluetooth <-> USB1.1 doesn't work. Ventura it is OK.

• Like 1

I ain't gonna lie, this latest Beta coupled with OCLP has been a journey to he££ and back.

I have done more installs than a paid bonafide Beta tester, but I think I got there in the end.

Guys tell me one thing are you still using boot-arg lilubetaall  in config.plist as these Betas are released? as I think that's where I was stumbling along the way.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 12.29.51.png

• Like 5

My only bootargs...combined with CustomMemory ...(otherwise, i'll give error on wrong populated memory)

image.thumb.png.30499b2de1927c090d692459c0273fb5.png

PS, set "auto,sbvmm or pci,sbvmm" etc, give me error on memory tab and didn't update. They show OTA, start and then stop with error...so, for me, this is only way to make it work. Set custom memory and use RE for fake VM, 'couse i need to use this smbios.

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I ain't gonna lie, this latest Beta coupled with OCLP has been a journey to he££ and back.

I have done more installs than a paid bonafide Beta tester, but I think I got there in the end.

Guys tell me one thing are you still using boot-arg lilubetaall  in config.plist as these Betas are released? as I think that's where I was stumbling along the way.

Congrats man! You've done it!

If I had a nickel for each time I installed Sonoma beta alone I would have 100 bucks by now lol (the math isn't totally accurate but you get what I mean) I have to install it on two iMacs, a MacBookPro and two different hackintoshes so yeah we all do our fair share of free labour for Apple :hysterical:

And the crazy part is we are not doing it legally :rofl:

I'm only using amfi=0x80 boot-arg no -lilubetaall is required for the hacks.

18 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

I don’t need lilubetaall. I think it’s only needed when using Airport kexts not yet updated for Sonoma. 

Fenvi T919 doesn't require it, and as I understand @eSaF is using the same card.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Congrats man! You've done it!

If I had a nickel for each time I installed Sonoma beta alone I would have 100 bucks by now lol (the math isn't totally accurate but you get what I mean) I have to install it on two iMacs, a MacBookPro and two different hackintoshes so yeah we all do our fair share of free labour for Apple :hysterical:

And the crazy part is we are not doing it legally :rofl:

I'm only using amfi=0x80 boot-arg no -lilubetaall is required for the hacks.

Fenvi T919 doesn't require it, and as I understand @eSaF is using the same card.

Fenvi T1919 doesn't require Airport Broadcom kext, but Sonoma only will work Bluetooth with BlutoolFixup and others kexts necessary, after Ventura. BTW, with Airport Brcm I get KP and not boot. 

2 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Fenvi T1919 doesn't require Airport Broadcom kext, but Sonoma only will work Bluetooth with BlutoolFixup and others kexts necessary, after Ventura. BTW, with Airport Brcm I get KP and not boot. 

By default yes, but if you apply the patches with OCLP it will work with the provided kexts and I don't even use BluetoolFixup.kext on Ventura or Sonoma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

I don’t need lilubetaall. I think it’s only needed when using Airport kexts not yet updated for Sonoma. 

All cards that needed before AirportBrcmFixup.kext, like injector or together with AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext, need the same on Sonoma and boot-arg -lilubetaall. For all "native cards" in Ventura is no need for AirportBrcmFixup.kext w/wo plug-ins and boot-arg lilubetaall. This happen because AirportBrcmFixup.kext is not yet upgraded to support Sonoma.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

All cards that needed before AirportBrcmFixup.kext, like injector or together with AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext, need the same on Sonoma and boot-arg -lilubetaall. For all "native cards" in Ventura is no need for AirportBrcmFixup.kext w/wo plug-ins and boot-arg lilubetaall. This happen because AirportBrcmFixup.kext is not yet upgraded to support Sonoma.

In my case, after compiled my own kexts and use OC 0.9.4 compiled too, with Xcode, not used boot-args anymore. Just for my RX 6900 XT.