[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

1 hora atrás, a eSaF disse:

Se eu não estiver enganado,@chris1111está usando um cartão combinado USB que lhe dá funcionalidade sem fio, mas não dá a experiência completa da Apple, ou seja, Apple Hand Off para a câmera do iPhone ou Air Drop (o Air Drop só pode ser alcançado por um aplicativo de terceiros e é limitado em sua operação).

Isso está bem documentado em algumas postagens dos vários métodos de como alcançar o WiFi em Sonoma, mas como eu disse, mesmo que você atinja esse objetivo, é limitado.

Thanks @eSaF you are a great friend to answer our questions. Chris1111 gentlemen tell me about his experience. 

I have like most of you, Broadcom card, working everything in Ventura.  And because (I never used before :) ) I have too on my MOBO Z790 intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211, Works very nice Airportitlwm.kext beta but I try test only intel Bluetooth and not works fine. Im have on Pcie my Fenvi that works fine Bluetooth, but not Airdrop function. Like other blessed guys tell me SendLocal was really fine. Im ask at Chris1111 because im saw he's new post above. Don't worry, we get this cards works again. Thanks a TON one more time eSafF.

• Like 3

@PoMpIs

For DRM:

For Audio over HDMI/DP:

• Add property hda-gfx to your AMD GPU Device Properties. Type: String, Value: onboard-2 (if your system also has an iGPU) or onboard-1 (if you don't have an iGPU)
Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

By the way, where do you all keep track of the latest updates and improvements regarding WiFi compatibility with macOS Sonoma? I assume it’s on the OCLP GitHub page, but I couldn’t find a specific branch for it.

1 hour ago, Blesh said:

By the way, where do you all keep track of the latest updates and improvements regarding WiFi compatibility with macOS Sonoma? I assume it’s on the OCLP GitHub page, but I couldn’t find a specific branch for it.

This: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/1076

For Intel Wifi/BT, this: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/883

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Thanks for that. Intel Wifi and BT working on laptop 2 with Sonoma but not Ventura.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this Wireless AirportItlwm.kext for Ventura 13.4.1 

2073188423_AirportINTEL-Ventura13.4.1.zip

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Check this post:

Nice @Cyberdevs I have another Good News!!! Intel Bluetooth Works in Sonoma and Ventura, just need alternate AirportItlwm.kext for Ventura or for Sonoma 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Thanks for that. Intel Wifi and BT working on laptop 2 with Sonoma but not Ventura.

You're welcome. afiak itlwm has separate kexts for each OS and there's another universal kext which I guess you can use for several OSes. check the releses and you can find them. You also might need to add the MinKernel/MaxKernel for Ventura and Sonoma 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome. afiak itlwm has separate kexts for each OS and there's another universal kext which I guess you can use for several OSes. check the releses and you can find them. You also might need to add the MinKernel/MaxKernel for Ventura and Sonoma 

Haha just did that.

Renamed and set Max

Working OK now in Vent and Son

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 5.32.10 pm.png

• Like 1

Hi Guys, with credits to Indian Hackintosher Mr. Amit Sinha from the EliteMacx86 website, I managed to solve the Bluethoot problem on the Intel AX211 Wi-Fi 6E onboard.

https://elitemacx86.com/threads/intel-bluetooth-not-working-on-ventura.1274/post-10955

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext.zipBlueToolFixup.kext.zipIntelBTPatcher.kext.zip

My Bluetooth  Device iD is this: 0x8087, 0x0033

image.thumb.png.c9cf16c572209c65b0d69d5525998949.png

Hope help you guys. 

As usual, Airdrop not work with Intel Bluetooth and Wireless 

image.png.314998f7555dc106a4216e29ef0ece93.png

Captura de Tela 2023-07-09 às 05.10.11.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@SavageAUS IYeah, I did the same thing yesterday as well. I think the whole AirportItlwm kext family should be handled this, using "AirportIltwm+macOSName" andt include a plist with the corresponding Min/Maxkernel settings.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-09 um 10.35.57.png

Thanks a lot for post this information. 

BTW, its possible fix for some way HID (Human Interface Device) Proxy with Compatible devices like Apple Magic Keyboard, on boot, without need connected cable ?

There a BIOS configuration or something on Opencore? 

Thanks !!! 

Is because bluetooth intel or Broadcom have some issues in start before system. On boot to Bios for exemple. 

15 hours ago, miliuco said:

Good afternoon, I already updated to beta 3 changing SMBIOS to iMac19,1 so I can't tell you anything about these 3 patches and OTA updates until next beta.

But I do tell you about my experience with the settings that interest you in a normal use:

• pciui and memtab patches remove warnings and configuration tabs (memory is shown with real slots and pci tab disappears)*
  • pciui, memtab and sbvmm patches all together do, afaik, the same, taking into account that I have already updated to beta 3 and I cannot check sbvmm and OTA updates process, outside of this scope I see no difference with or without the sbvmm patch.

* Badge "About This Mac 1 alert" remains even with latest RestrictEvents and following "Removing badges" instructions (defaults delete com.apple.SlotNotificationsPref memoryBadgeCount / defaults delete com.apple.SlotNotificationsPref expansionBadgeCount). I see this alert using custom memory without RestrictEvents or RestrictEvents without custom memory. But this is another issue 🙂

Reveal hidden contents

1-alert.png.2d635c5ca222f4bbe07543caf898b1a9.png

I heard that sbvmm patch conflicts with pciui and memtab patches. i.e., OTA update will fail when enabled altogether. I don’t know if it is a model-specific issue (for MP7,1 only), but so far we know nothing more than that. <- You may try it out by installing beta 2 and then upgrade, or simply wait for b4.

I temporarily removed the confusing commands, and they do not work as expected. Meanwhile, unfortunately there is no way to remove the badges properly either.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@PoMpIs

For DRM:

For Audio over HDMI/DP:

• Add property hda-gfx to your AMD GPU Device Properties. Type: String, Value: onboard-2 (if your system also has an iGPU) or onboard-1 (if you don't have an iGPU)

Yes, I have already tried yesterday in all possible ways and just by activating WEG the audio over HDMI/DP disappears and I recover the DRM content 😆..

With WEG active:  ( everything works perfectly except HDMI/DP audio )

1244795536_Capturadepantalla2023-07-09alas3_52_24.thumb.png.3a2bf166e2696cfe51ac6cdb33b1f524.png

Without WEG: (Everything works perfectly, including HDMI/DP audio, but loses DRM)

399052346_Capturadepantalla2023-07-09alas4_05_10.thumb.png.edd68af0ffa088f9cc5737e967edbfa3.png

And this is a problem of this computer.. I have put the RX6650XT on the z790+13600k, and the DRM works perfectly with WEG enabled and HDMI/DP audio works...

But even at 13600K this RX6650xt needs WEG + agdpmod=pikera to play appleTV...it's not like the RX6800xt which doesn't need any of that using MacPro smbios7,1

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] IYeah, I did the same thing yesterday as well. I think the whole AirportItlwm kext family should be handled this, using "AirportIltwm+macOSName" andt include a plist with the corresponding Min/Maxkernel settings.
719737708_Bildschirmfoto2023-07-09um10_35_57.thumb.png.f998453623387188ed74ceaecc705088.png

I’m only testing intel wifi on 1 laptop for now to see how it goes.
What is the “recommended best” intel chip to use? AX201?
A different kext for each OS is painful. Can a kext not be smart enough to detect which kernel is in use and apply correct plist? I have not have Ventura and Sonoma so easy for me but for other with more = pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@PoMpIs hda-gfx should be onboard-2 not onboard-1 because you iGPU also provides a device for digital audio! OItherwise the audio signal is send down the wrong path.

It's a Ryzen 1600AF and a MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard... It doesn't have iGPU... 

But I have also tried with "onboard-2" and the same thing still happens... when activating WEG it kills the HDMI/DP audio...

It also happens in Ventura... so something weird has this computer with this RX6650XT...

If I forget the DRM everything works great, and I can see that content with DRM perfectly in Chorme, but if I can I like to entertain myself with these things to fix it, but I'm out of ideas 🤷‍♂️

I add the complete EFI in case you want to see it and see that everything is fine:

EFI_1600AF+MSIB450-Sonoma-Beta3.zip

Without WEG, everything works perfect with that EFI, Sonoma Beta 3 and Ventura 13.4+, only DRM fails in safari and appleTV when disabling WEG to recover HDMI/DP audio

Edited by PoMpIs

Since this wifi issue is still going on, suggest anyone yet without Sonoma wifi connectivity can use or buy a cheap miltifunction router and configure it as client (same SSID) to a gateway router and connect the two via ethernet.

Hi mates,

I noticed that intel wifi only works from z590 and up with sonoma, i wonder if this is right!! Cause i have z490 but intel wifi(AX210) did not work but, it worked with z590 mobo 

@PoMpIs Instead of using the GPU spoof SSDT, why not try a proper SSDT for AMD Navi GPUs which includes the hdau device?

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/11_Graphics/GPU/AMD_Navi

12 minutes ago, maly70 said:

Hi mates,

I noticed that intel wifi only works from z590 and up with sonoma, i wonder if this is right!! Cause i have z490 but intel wifi(AX210) did not work but, it worked with z590 mobo 

I have intel wifi working in Sonoma on an Ivy Bridge and a Whiskey Lake Laptop, so your assumption that it works on High End PC chipsets only, is wrong.

@SavageAUS Well, alternatively you could use Itlwm, then you only need one kext across mulltiple versions of macOS. BTW, Itlwm connects much faster to hotspots than AIrportItlwm but requires an extra App to connect.

AirportItlwm.kext vs. itlwm.kext

• AirportItlwm:

• Pro: Can be used during macOS installation which is not possible with itlwm.kext
    • Pro: Supports Location Services and Find My Mac
    • Con: Doesn't perform as well as itlwm.kext and takes much longer to connect
    • Con: Can't connect to hidden WiFi Networks
    • Con: Requires using the correct kext per macOS version, so running multiple version of macOS with this kext is not possible without renaming kexts
    • Con: Not compatible with macOS Sonoma yet
  • itlwm.kext

• Pro: Connects much faster to WiFi hotspots and performs better than AirportItlwm
    • Pro: Supports macOS Sonoma already
    • Pro: Can connect to hidden WiFi Networks
    • Pro: Only one kext to cover WiFi across multiple versions of macOS
    • Con: Requires HeliPort app to connect to WiFi Hotspots so it can't be used during macOS installation
    • Con: Doesn't support Location Services
Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@cankiulascmnfye  @miliuco

I already did the SSDT with the HDAU device included and it didn't work either

But it's already solved. 😆

There must be some incompatibility in the bios of the 6650xt with WEG+Sonoma and my MSI B450

I have flashed the 6650xt with the bios of the RX6600XT.. and.....

It works now!!!

que-emoci%C3%B3n.gif

I don't need SSDT-Spoof, or anything in Config plist.. it just works...

And I have HDMI/DP audio and it works perfect appleTV, Prime Video, Netflix.... ..it was worth the effort 👌

1871821268_Capturadepantalla2023-07-09alas19_14_28.thumb.png.e43a64f77540e9ee4ef5f882a7e5a25c.png

Now it works 100%....

Well almost 100% because the wiffi does not work, I don't know if you have noticed 🤣 

Thanks a lot for the help guys 

🤗

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, PMheart said:

I heard that sbvmm patch conflicts with pciui and memtab patches. i.e., OTA update will fail when enabled altogether. I don’t know if it is a model-specific issue (for MP7,1 only), but so far we know nothing more than that. <- You may try it out by installing beta 2 and then upgrade, or simply wait for b4.

I temporarily removed the confusing commands, and they do not work as expected. Meanwhile, unfortunately there is no way to remove the badges properly either.

The badge can't be removed in Sonoma, it's a very minor detail, just the text "1 alert" next to About This Mac when using MacPro7,1. Everything else seems to work fine.

Now I'm on beta 3. When beta 4 is out, I'll try MacPro7,1 and iMacPro1,1 with and without the 3 RestrictEvents patches to check which combination(s) offer(s) OTA update. I'll tell you the results. Thank you.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, miliuco said:

The badge can't be removed in Sonoma

Why not? 😳

image.thumb.png.035fb6d1e3d1f337b4c6e0a640390720.png

(of course with 23A5286g and i'll try with and without RestrictEvents.kext ... not only in my daily use config... -without it-)

Edited by D3v1L