[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah I know that but it doesn't seem to work properly.

It's really the only probably cause, so if you post your EFI with the non-working SSDT, we can take a look and debug it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, deeveedee said:

It's really the only probably cause, so if you post your EFI with the non-working SSDT, we can take a look and debug it.

I don't think the EFI folder is required but I can post the IOReg and the SSDT. I just need to boot into macOS with the SSDT enabled which I will do so later cuz I'm in the middle of something that just can't reboot right now.

This is the IOReg without the SSDT enabled:

Spoiler

image.png

and here is the SSDT (Don't mind the name of the SSDT file):

SSDT-ARPT Z690.aml

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I don't think the EFI folder is required but I can post the IOReg and the SSDT. I just need to boot into macOS with the SSDT enabled which I will do so later cuz I'm in the middle of something that just can't reboot right now.

This is the IOReg without the SSDT enabled:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

and here is the SSDT (Don't mind the name of the SSDT file):

SSDT-ARPT Z690.aml 597 B · 1 download

Don't use that SSDT in Sonoma.. it makes the computer take a long time to load the desktop...

I also tried those solutions... when trying to falsify the device-id of the 4360... either it gives a kernel panic or it takes a long time to load the system... depending on the device-id used, that happened to me with the z790

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yup I know but for the sake of testing things out I'm willing to wait for Sonoma to boot and see how it reacts to the various device IDs and settings.

Ah, so yes, go ahead with the tests...  👍

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 10:21 AM, AlfredoM said:

Question about the WLAN matter:

What's going on with WiFi at the moment?
I currently have a BCM94360CD with BT as a PCIe card with 3 antennas, which no longer works.
Can you use another WLAN card there?
Which USB WLAN sticks work?
thanks for tips

UPDATE:

Solved: thanks to @chris1111's page on github, I tested my TP LINK Archer T9UH V.1 with the ONLY "Wireless USB Big Sur Adapter.app" and it works, just without Airdrop.

Thanks V1 add to the working list :wink_anim:

• Like 3

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] Just change MaxKernel for AirportBrcmFixup to 22.9.9 so it doesn't load in Sonoma.

Thank you I will give this a try and see how it goes. I still use Ventura as a daily driver so disabling the next all together is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/26/2023 at 4:49 PM, MorenoAv said:

Now I'm at home, and here it is my EFI Folder, OpenCore 0.9.4 and all kexts updated...

Thanks for all your responses, but I don't know what Im doing wrong, if one of you could review my EFI and point me in the right direction, I'll appreciate it..

EFI.zip 7.58 MB · 13 downloads

Hi My friend! Are you fix that?

Im check OC Validate and IF you will not are use Opencore MOD (No ACPI) need some changes. 

image.png.c9bff55c29373d27dcf6f41b9dee04af.png

If not im change SMBIOS for you and put some boot-args and add some kexts

Try it (make backup) 

EFI-Moreno.zip

Edited by Max.1974
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:06 PM, fuzzylogic said:

Coffee lake z390  cannot update to the latest Beta 2 have the latest Opencore 0.94, but not offered the latest beta is there a work around guys?

Are you check this on config.plist?

SecureBootModel > Data > Default

Nvram csr-active-config: 00000000 

image.png.ebc7fe9639cded56d062210693cf5b49.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] Just change MaxKernel for AirportBrcmFixup to 22.9.9 so it doesn't load in Sonoma.

Just wanted to add that this worked perfectly. SoNoWiFi boots fast and Ventura has wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Not sure about you, but I've found out today that booting Sonoma on my Z490 Aorus Ultra (my 2nd test setup) seems to be causing some issues with IntelBluetoothFirmware or Bluetoolfixup.
The first is that successful bootups are intermittent (good ones require a hard reset), and they seem to stall around an AHCI-related error right after the BT kexts load. Just thought you guys should know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi My friend! Are you fix that?

Im check OC Validate and IF you will not are use Opencore MOD (No ACPI) need some changes. 

image.png.c9bff55c29373d27dcf6f41b9dee04af.png

If not im change SMBIOS for you and put some boot-args and add some kexts

Try it (make backup) 

EFI-Moreno.zip 11.51 MB · 4 downloads

Thanks @Max.1974, at this moment I'm at work later when I'm home I'll try your EFI Folder...

• Like 1

31 minutos atrás, MorenoAv disse:

obrigado@Max.1974,@cankiulascmnfye,

Mudei o MaxKernel para AirportBrcmFixup como sugerido e funciona, estou escrevendo isso no meu SoNoWifi...

Agora ele inicializa tão rápido quanto o meu Ventura, e eu recuperei o bluetooth, yahhh...

Enjoy my friend!!! Hope helped you!!!     :thumbsup_anim: 

• Thanks 1

So I have this BCM94360CD WLAN+BT with 3 antennas PCIe card.

What exactly do I have to do now so that the thing continues to work in Sonoma Beta2 AND in Ventura, as WLAN and BT???

I am using OC 0.9.4

I'm a senior and can't really follow the posts here, so please explain in detail... big thanks for that.

Edited by AlfredoM

2 horas atrás, AlfredoM disse:

Então eu tenho este BCM94360CD WLAN+BT com 3 antenas placa PCIe.

O que exatamente eu tenho que fazer agora para que a coisa continue funcionando em Sonoma Beta2 E em Ventura, como WLAN e BT???

Estou usando OC 0.9.4

Estou no último ano e não consigo seguir as postagens aqui, então, por favor, explique em detalhes... muito obrigado por isso.

Hi @AlfredoM  

Unfortunately, my noble friend, for now, we have no way to make Broadcom work. Apple's interest is precisely in selling hardware, and knowing innumerable ways, not only through Hackintosh, but real macs, which use, for example, Opencore Legacy Patcher, they want, in their greed, to prevent the "perfect" installation on in order to collect more.

Due to this, Sonoma will not, for the time being, have native support for Broadcom Chipsets, and may end the contract with the company in 2024, where it will no longer have the obligation to buy thousands of parts. Yeah, Broadcom has its fault in that, another greedy one. So, if you manage to use it without Airdrop for the time being, and thank God that Bluetooth still works, if you really need it, we have the Chris1111 that still manages to get some wireless USBs working.

Another situation is that of coders, who can, at any moment, give us hope, and we can revive the chipsts with some kext or program created by them. What you can do to temporarily override Airdrop, making your Bluetooth read at least your BT devices would be to run this command:

Enable AirDrop Over Ethernet & Wi-Fi for Old Unsupported Macs

Launch Terminal, found in /Applications/Utilities/

Paste in the following defaults command:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

Hit Return, then on a new line in the Terminal type the following command to relaunch the Finder:

killall finder

Exit out of Terminal if you want, and launch any Finder window to discover the AirDrop icon

After that you can test that maybe read at least.

Hope that help you understand the situation!! 

Best regards!! 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

That hasn't worked for many years!

On 6/28/2023 at 1:16 AM, cankiulascmnfye said:

In the meantime, I actually contacted Fenvi and asked if they had any products with BCM4355, BCM4364, BCM4377b chipsets. Sometimes it's all about creating demand… ;)

I did that as well a few days ago too because I noticed there's over 500,000 members here and 15,000+ at OSXlatitude, even if only 25% of those users are potential sales there's a market.

Also contacted Realtek requesting a macOS driver for their RTL8852CE family, chipset after seeing Asrock (i'd have to double check that) selling an M.2 combo board with this chip.

Edited by draylax
  • Like 3

please, change the topic name... "[pre-release] macOS Sonoma - stop with BCM4360 asking, they don't work and never come back" LoL ahahah

btw, update for software compatibility Acrobat Pro DC (23.1.20063.0) works well in all parts, but never print. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, draylax said:

Hey Mods, where can we post Sonoma WIFI/BT related info?

I created a separate topic dedicated to macOS Sonoma's wireless compatibility and issues:

You can post your findings and discuss alternative solutions there.

I also moved your post there.

• Like 10

On 6/22/2023 at 10:05 AM, D3v1L said:

on MacPro7,1 SMBIOS WITHOUT RestrictedEvent.kext and with properly configured custom memory field, the mismatch of number of used slot, seem to be solved

Yes, you're right, I've tried this and the issue has been fixed.

One thing to be noted (already known afaik) is, if there are only 2 DIMMs, this doesn't work well and you need to configure 4 modules in config.plist as a minimum, setting each one to half the memory of each real module so that the total GB is ok.

For example, I have 2 hacks, one with 4x8 GB and another with 2x16. The one with 2x16 GB requires adjusting the config.plist with 4 slots occupied but each one with 8 GB so that total is 32. Occupied slots must be 3-5-8-10 (items 0-2-6-8 in memory devices list).

This way everything seems to work fine although imo RestrictEvents is a more elegant solution but I know you don't like that it blocks processes that by default can exist in the system.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a715c71c4ae6387aaaa3ec53c876a19e.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, miliuco said:

you need to configure 4 modules in config.plist as a minimum

correct, 'couse MacPro have minimum 4 slot occupied.

17 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I know you don't like that it blocks processes that by default can exist in the system.

I'm older...I'm traditional... ahahhhahhahhahahh LoL

• Haha 1

Sonoma beta 2 installed with BCM4360 PCI14e4,43a0, bluetooth active and wifi inactive.

write from @MacWill

because I read this, I asked how it works in Sonoma

thanks Max for Tips, all i know this.

Ok is ee my Eror, MacWill writ WLAN inactive, i unterstand active.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1