[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, fuzzylogic said:

Coffee lake z390  cannot update to the latest Beta 2 have the latest Opencore 0.94, but not offered the latest beta is there a work around guys?

you can download the full install from this link

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/02/02/032-95852-A_JX472QYN2N/0q2do64a61pmgv1u8j0l3ddyfrods0yvdo/InstallAssistant.pkg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@fuzzylogic  @BALDY_MAN

I had to get the full installer to update to beta 2. I have Z390. Not sure if this happens to all Z390 owners. Please comment if you are able to update to beta 2 from Software Update having Z390.

Had to use the full installer on both my hack

• Like 4

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@fuzzylogic  @BALDY_MAN

I had to get the full installer to update to beta 2. I have Z390. Not sure if this happens to all Z390 owners. Please comment if you are able to update to beta 2 from Software Update having Z390.

It doesn't matter if it's z390... it happens on all types of hardware....

For me in 13600k, I got the update in a virtual machine in UNRAID having MacPro as Smbios....

In native I had it as iMacPro and the update didn't come out...

In 3 laptops, two Lenovo and a Medion, with MacBookPro smbios, the update did not come out in any of them... one has a 7100u, another an 8365u and the Medion an i5 10xxxU, ( I don't remember the exact model of the processor )

And on the i3 6100 with a z170 motherboard, with Smbios from iMac19,1 the update came out perfectly....

It must be some problem with the selected Smbios... or probably things from the Beta, last year with Ventura the beta 2 asked for a password to install...Something weird always happens with beta 2 😆

• Like 4

On 6/23/2023 at 1:30 AM, cankiulascmnfye said:

Okay. But I am not logged in with my Apple ID and I didn't register the machine for Apple Beta stuff – at least not recently and not for Sonoma. Maybe it's hadled via the MAC-Address then.

That is in-fact the correct intended behavior as you've already acquired and installed pre-release Sonoma Beta Build, so it doesn't matter if you're logged in with Apple ID or not; because according to Apple, you should have obtained Sonoma Beta 1's full-installer "legally" via Settings -> General -> Software Update tab in Ventura.

More context on the use of legally (in quotes). 3 notable factors come into play:

1. Apple recently revamped their beta software deployment by deprecating Beta Profiles and seedutil, with Apple ID now being the sole credential for beta access.
  2. Apple no longer hosts domain links to newer pre-release full installers for Intel Macs on the Developer Portal, only ipsw images for all platforms including Macs (of course, 3rd-party tools/scripts exists to fetch full-installer links from Apple's Software Catalog domain swcdn.apple.com but this is obviously not recognized/supported by Apple)
  3. Apple ID now required for legal binding to Apple's ToS on Beta Software Program.

Hence, the new and only "official" route for Intel Macs (or hacks) wanting first-hand access to pre-release installers (Ventura and above) is via the new Beta Updates tab in Settings -> Software Update.

The Apple ID sign-in will be a requirement if looking for access to beta channels/builds on public releases like 13.4. Again, if already on pre-release builds like Ventura 13.5, then you will automatically be offered both Ventura and Sonoma Developer and/or Public Beta channels even without Apple ID, because following Apple's current system-in-place: the end-user "could NOT" have acquired access to the Beta build if they hadn't enrolled/agreed to the ToS in the first place.

Hope the above info helps to bring some clarity on the new changes with Apple's Beta Software deployment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, fuzzylogic said:

Coffee lake z390  cannot update to the latest Beta 2 have the latest Opencore 0.94, but not offered the latest beta is there a work around guys?

I could update through system settings. Try steps below.

1 Turn Off the Beta Update first

2 Turn On the Beta Update again

That's it.

• Like 1

It looks like Apple added some sort of additional check for T2 SMBIOSes (most likely to do with Apple Secure Boot) causing the updates to not show up - which explains why using the only non-T2 supported SMBIOS iMac19,1 works. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aben said:

It looks like Apple added some sort of additional check for T2 SMBIOSes (most likely to do with Apple Secure Boot) causing the updates to not show up - which explains why using the only non-T2 supported SMBIOS iMac19,1 works. 

I thought so initially as well when I did not receive the update but got it immediately when I changed to 19,1 when someone made the suggestion to change the Mac Model. When you think about it, it makes sense.

I will see at the next Beta as I changed it back to the original 20,1 after the update, if that is the case then I will leave it at 19,1 going forward.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 5

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] Are you using nightly builds? I had issues withj it as well. It's discussed here: https://github.com/VoodooSMBus/VoodooRMI/issues/170

I’m using dev builds in OCAT and this is the first update for voodoormi I’ve seen come up in ages and after reboot my trackpad no longer works. I’ll roll back to release version later and see if that fixes it then report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I’m using dev builds in OCAT and this is the first update for voodoormi I’ve seen come up in ages and after reboot my trackpad no longer works. I’ll roll back to release version later and see if that fixes it then report it.

These work for me:

• VoodooPS2Controller 2.3.6
  • VoodooSMbus 3.0
  • VoodooRMI 1.4.0 (latest Dev)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

These work for me:
  • VoodooPS2Controller 2.3.6
  • VoodooSMbus 3.0
  • VoodooRMI 1.4.0 (latest Dev)

I’ll have to check which versions I have and open a thread somewhere else as I think this is OT.

I stand corrected. It is not VoodooRMI, It is a VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID update that breaks my touchpad.

I am not sure who made these kexts to report it though.

Keeping them at the current version and the trackpad still works.

459619097_Screenshot2023-06-26at8_08_01pm.png.7dd03111c347ee78e6e57949966d1358.png
942278121_Screenshot2023-06-26at8_10_01pm.png.3adcf8d4f768c9eb3c55a5bc7d3ecb49.png

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I’ll have to check which versions I have and open a thread somewhere else as I think this is OT.

I stand corrected. It is not VoodooRMI, It is a VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID update that breaks my touchpad.

I am not sure who made these kexts to report it though.

Keeping them at the current version and the trackpad still works.

459619097_Screenshot2023-06-26at8_08_01pm.png.7dd03111c347ee78e6e57949966d1358.png
942278121_Screenshot2023-06-26at8_10_01pm.png.3adcf8d4f768c9eb3c55a5bc7d3ecb49.png

Edited 1 hour ago by SavageAUS

it is working for me with latest update

So... Beta 3 this week?

Yes maybe. SoNoWiFi Dev Beta 3

it is working for me with latest update

Can you share your config.plist please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Question about the WLAN matter:

What's going on with WiFi at the moment?
I currently have a BCM94360CD with BT as a PCIe card with 3 antennas, which no longer works.
Can you use another WLAN card there?
Which USB WLAN sticks work?
thanks for tips

UPDATE:

Solved: thanks to @chris1111's page on github, I tested my TP LINK Archer T9UH V.1 with the ONLY "Wireless USB Big Sur Adapter.app" and it works, just without Airdrop.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AlfredoM said:

I currently have a BCM94360CD with BT as a PCIe card with 3 antennas, which no longer works.
thanks for tips

Some details here:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/18228-macos-sonoma-140-beta1-early-feedback-and-findings/?do=findComment&comment=119959

Which USB WLANs work, bit of a list here but not yet updated for SonoWIFI

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11138-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-2-sierra-ventura/

Edited by draylax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

thanks for tips

@AlfredoM see Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter 

Archer T2U Plus works good 

I have 7 adapter working well since Catalina to Sonoma 14

Edited by chris1111
7 adapter working well
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

@AlfredoM see Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter 

Archer T2U Plus works good 

I have 6 adapter working well since Catalina to Sonoma 14

Ah this ought to be a sticky thread, it’s a query that’s going to be repeatedly asked from now on, that and the question of Airdrop with existing still working BT Broadcom we already have on the M.2 module boards.

14 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I have 6 adapter working well since Catalina to Sonoma 14

Where are these “6 adapters” listed? They’re not on this Sonoma 14 page link.

• Like 2

Hi guys good afternoon,

Quick question your SoNoWifi takes how much time to boot ?, mine takes almost 5 minutes to boot, it's annoying...

At this moment I'm not home, so no EFI to send but later today I'll post it here.

Thanks

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

мой загружается почти 5 минут, это раздражает ...

It's very long🙂, it takes me about 8 seconds, but I haven't measured it.

• Haha 1