[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

some of the device ids  which i found

Can you find all the Bluetooth ones and list them too

We’re gona need to compile a list of current/newest BT and WIFI chips and get the list to Fenvi, see if they can source the chips from Broadcom and manufacture M.2 combo cards for hackintosh’s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, draylax said:

Can you find all the Bluetooth ones and list them too

We’re gona need to compile a list of current/newest BT and WIFI chips and get the list to Fenvi, see if they can source the chips from Broadcom and manufacture M.2 combo cards for hackintosh’s.

As pointed out by @D3v1L already, the Broadcom cards/chips used in supported Mac are Apple exlusive and NOT available on the free market! Search for them – you won't find any cards that using the chips @Rocky12 listed:

• 2018 Mac mini8,1 -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
  • 2018/2019 MacBookAir8,x -> BCM4355 (pci14e4,43dc)
  • 2020 MacBookAir9,1 -> BCM4377b (pci14e4,4488)
  • 2018/2019 MacBookPro15,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
  • 2019/2020 MacBookPro16,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
  • 2019 iMac19,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
  • 2020 iMac20,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
  • 2017 iMacPro1,1 -> BCM4355 (pci14e4,43dc)
  • 2019 MacPro7,1 -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)

Guys,

I think I was fair enough. After reminding you twice about staying focused on topic, some continued to encourage off-topic discussion. I can understand that off-topic discussion can invite itself unconsciously but encourage it? No. It's pointless and just pollutes the topic.
From now on, any off-topic post will not only be deleted but also followed by a warning.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Hey Guys, Any way to get the Aquantia Ethernet 10G port to work. I updated to the lates 0.9.4 OC Release and have ForceAquantiaEthernet Quirk set to True but it still does not show up in Sonoma. 

Do you know which kext this thing attaches to? Maybe this was removed from Sonoma as well?

Otherwise, you could try this:

• Drop/replace the DMAR table (if your system has one) by a modified one without Reserved Memory regions.
  • Enable VT-d in BIOS
  • Un-select DisableIOMapper so Apple VTd works. Some 3rd party Ethernet cards require it.
  • Enable ForceAquantiaEthernet (which you already have)
Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Hey Guys, Any way to get the Aquantia Ethernet 10G port to work. I updated to the lates 0.9.4 OC Release and have ForceAquantiaEthernet Quirk set to True but it still does not show up in Sonoma. 

The latest OC 0.9.4 has fixed the issue on Sonoma beta 2 update it and Aquantia Ethernet should be working.

• Like 6

@cankiulascmnfye

OpenCore Builds prior to e937869 don't have the updated patch for Aquantia and there's also another updated fix added in d4bd64c builds that he might have missed.

Because I thought I had the latest build as well (because I have updated the OC few days back) so I installed beta 2 to see if the ethernet is working or not and it didn't so after the update it started to work.

And about the like button I don't know what are you talking about so send me a PM don't reply here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Do you know which kext this thing attaches to? Maybe this was removed from Sonoma as well?

Otherwise, you could try this:

• Drop/replace the DMAR table (if your system has one) by a modified one without Reserved Memory regions.
  • Enable VT-d in BIOS
  • Un-select DisableIOMapper so Apple VTd works. Some 3rd party Ethernet cards require it.
  • Enable ForceAquantiaEthernet (which you already have)

See below what I have tried, thanks, 

• Drop/replace the DMAR table (if your system has one) by a modified one without Reserved Memory regions. - I am using Mald0n's EFI so not sure if I can configure that
  • Enable VT-d in BIOS - This is enabled
  • Un-select DisableIOMapper so Apple VTd works. Some 3rd party Ethernet cards require it. - I have this disabled in config because VT-d is enabled in Bios
  • Enable ForceAquantiaEthernet (which you already have) - I have this also enabled
1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

The latest OC 0.9.4 has fixed the issue on Sonoma beta 2 update it and Aquantia Ethernet should be working.

I am on the latest o9.4 but does not work for me to enable this

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@cankiulascmnfye

OpenCore Builds prior to e937869 don't have the updated patch for Aquantia and there's also another updated fix added in d4bd64c builds that he might have missed.

Because I thought I had the latest build as well (because I have updated the OC few days back) so I installed beta 2 to see if the ethernet is working or not and it didn't so after the update it started to work.

And about the like button I don't know what are you talking about so send me a PM don't reply here.

Okay, I now see the newest OC, will install that and try. I was on the e937869 which said this was fixed 

32 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

[…] Okay, I now see the newest OC, will install that and try. I was on the e937869 which said this was fixed 

You really need to check if you have the latest build of OpenCore and kexts first when dealing with beta versions of macOS because there's constant develoment going on with where there could be a couplle of updates to OC per day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@cankiulascmnfye

Correct. Just a tiny tip - d4bd64c is theoretically the fix only for macOS 10.15, so it won't affect much.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 7

Finally got time to give Sonoma a go!

I created another partition on the 2TB M.2 drive I have (Already running Windows 11 Pro and Ventura) and for this first time tried the Create MacOS Install by @LAbyOne (Which worked great).

Other than the obvious missing Wi-Fi, everything seems to be working well so far!

1163096377_Screenshot2023-06-24at06_36_04.png.1aac939c2e36443a838b0e3a7d65dbb8.png

• Like 8

How to alter an older clover theme not yet updated to recognize and display an icon/badge made for sonoma?

Did not recall seeing a version table in the theme.plist.

Is there a sonome specific configuration change?

For those who are not seeing the Sonoma Beta notifications, I'm wondering if it's an intermittent Apple issue and not an issue with individual hacks.  I have Sonoma Beta 14.0 installed on my HackBookPro6,2.  I've noticed that sometimes, Automatic Updates shows me the option to enable Beta updates and sometimes it does not (and I'm not changing anything).

Sonoma Beta updates

Spoiler

1632746719_Screenshot2023-06-24at7_18_16PM.png.2524fb07eff42359c8973e37ef29bf6f.png

For example, when I first logged into Sonoma, Software updates did not show a Beta updates option.  I checked again after a few minutes and the Beta updates option was available.  My hack has SMBIOS MBP6,2 with OCLP kernel patches.

EDIT: Upgrade to Sonoma Beta 2 completed on my HackBookPro6,2 without any issues

Spoiler

911239044_Screenshot2023-06-24at7_44_48PM.png.441fc8bc1cf5cbc2c73cd6428dbffe9c.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, mek21 said:

How to alter an older clover theme not yet updated to recognize and display an icon/badge made for sonoma?

Hi @mek21 Please, It's better to post your request in Clover General Discussion Thread because not a Sonoma issue.

10 hours ago, mek21 said:

Yes, sonoma specific is Clover 5152.

Sonoma success for the Acer Nitro 5 Core i7-8750H! Non-booting issue was giving me grief for a few days.
Found out the main culprit was OC 0.9.3. Updating it to 0.9.4 solved the issue. ☺️
Airportitlwm doesn't work with the Intel AC9560 but itlwm + Heliport works (for now).

image.png.a3352a54dd9f83ed2e604d2cb95d6ed1.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Middleman said:

Sonoma success for the Acer Nitro 5 Core i7-8750H! Non-booting issue was giving me grief for a few days.
Found out the main culprit was OC 0.9.3. Updating it to 0.9.4 solved the issue. ☺️

What is the change in OC 0.9.4 [DEV] that is required for booting CoffeeLake?

EDIT: I've seen others report that an upgrade from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 has "fixed" Sonoma issues, but I haven't seen evidence that any OC changes are the reason for boot problems (unless it's an Aquantia issue).  I don't use OCAT, but could it be that OCAT was fixed and that the OC 0.9.3-0.9.4 upgrade had nothing to do with the boot problems?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, deeveedee said:

What is the change in OC 0.9.4 [DEV] that is required for booting CoffeeLake?

EDIT: I've seen others report that an upgrade from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 has "fixed" Sonoma issues, but I haven't seen evidence that any OC changes are the reason for boot problems (unless it's an Aquantia issue).  I don't use OCAT, but could it be that OCAT was fixed and that the OC 0.9.3-0.9.4 upgrade had nothing to do with the boot problems?

I'm not entirely sure, but looking at the Dortania build info for OC 0.9.4 8d85c55 it could be this:

Changes: User/File: Fix memory leak

@Middleman Memory leaks don't usually break things immediately - they usually cause problems (if at all) over time. I don't think that would be it. Would be helpful if a Dev can respond to confirm that OC 0.9.4 fixed an 0.9.3 bug that broke Sonoma booting.

• Like 3