[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

I had a peek into Sonoma beta 2's  S/L/E: NO IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext.

sorry, why you think they will be back? ...no Sonoma's supported Mac have a legacy wifi...so, why you expect to find it? only Broadcom 4363 and up are supported...so NO legacy (up to 4360) at all... 

Sonoma's stop BCM4360 era (i mean oob)

Like Monterey stop BCM4332 etc...

• Like 2

ouh...and next year, I think the new one, kill all BCM...so, if you need WiFi, , stay with Ventura, pray for oclp to add BCM4360 fork, buy a Mac... 😅🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, D3v1L said:

BTW... on MacPro7,1 smbios WITHOUT RestrictedEvent.kext and with properly configured custom memory field, the mismatch of number of used slot, seem to be solved.

Thanks, I'm gonna try, if it doesn't work I'll show to you my memory key to check if I have any mistake.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

sorry, why you think they will be back? ...no Sonoma's supported Mac have a legacy wifi...so, why you expect to find it? only Broadcom 4363 and up are supported...so NO legacy (up to 4360) at all... 

Sonoma's stop BCM4360 era (i mean oob)

Like Monterey stop BCM4332 etc...

Just in case you didn't get the memo – because of this: MacBookPro15,1, BCM4364

8 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

SoNoWiFi?
d58e70fd71c899a15f16387f3add7b54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need that half mini PCIe isht for my Lenovo T530 :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Just in case you didn't get the memo – because of this: MacBookPro15,1, BCM4364

? BCM4364 is NOT same as the 4360, so why you post this?

...4355 4363 4364 4377 (only on "b" variant) are supported natively. and ALL of this, are not in legacy kext...

i don't know what you wanna say.. 🤔

• Like 3

I have started the i3 with the SSD where I have Sonoma installed and the update to beta 2 has appears without problems... It has Smbios from iMac19,1....

545001665_Capturadepantalla2023-06-22alas13_37_43.thumb.png.4b27ac39197b6d554199692a5696c0c2.png

How strange that laptops configured as Macbooks do not get the update... nor does the 13600k with iMacPro smbios...

On the other hand, in virtual machines in UNRAID, the update appears with Smbios MacPro7,1 🤷‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 3

As @Cyberdevs aptly named it 'SonoWiFi', this one is a tough cookie.

After not getting auto update notice I managed to update with the full installer but one thing I noticed as I like to do a 'First Aid' check in 'Disk Utilities' after an update or a clean install, I found that is not working as should on my machine in this Beta.

It would do the check and then freeze. So ok I thought maybe I brought over a bug from the first Beta (but it worked in that one) maybe it's something else.

Decided to do a clean install and start afresh with Beta2 (PITA), finished no problem all good, tried 'First Aid' again, same freezing had to do a hard reset to get out of that screen.

BTW - Time Zone is still hooked to Cupertino so will have to go into Terminal and do a some jiggery Pokery to get GMT for my part of the Globe. Did I say PITA??? Well this Sonoma is.:wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

? BCM4364 is NOT same as the 4360, so why you post this?

...4355 4363 4364 4377 (only on "b" variant) are supported natively. and ALL of this, are not in legacy kext...

i don't know what you wanna say.. 🤔

1. Oh, I thought this card belonged in the same category.
  2. A personal note: For future conversations, I would really appreaciate a different tone and attitude!!! You are not my Boss! So why do you think I am obligated to answer to you? If you want to correct me or provide additional info, or explain something, then do it. But don't come at me with this passive-aggresive "why you do this, why you say that" attitude!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, eSaF said:

As @Cyberdevs aptly named it 'SonoWiFi', this one is a tough cookie.

After not getting auto update notice I managed to update with the full installer but one thing I noticed as I like to do a 'First Aid' check in 'Disk Utilities' after an update or a clean install, I found that is not working as should on my machine in this Beta.

It would do the check and then freeze. So ok I thought maybe I brought over a bug from the first Beta (but it worked in that one) maybe it's something else.

Decided to do a clean install and start afresh with Beta2 (PITA), finished no problem all good, tried 'First Aid' again, same freezing had to do a hard reset to get out of that screen.

BTW - Time Zone is still hooked to Cupertino so will have to go into Terminal and do a some jiggery Pokery to get GMT for my part of the Globe. Did I say PITA??? Well this Sonoma is.:wallbash:

First Aid is working fine on my end with a slight hiccup, I have Ventura and Sonoma installed on a same disk on separate volumes and when I use First Aid on Ventura after it's finished I can't click on anything else, even if I use command+tab to select Finder or anything else wherever I click Disk Utility comes back as the main app if you know what I mean, so I have to quit the app using command+q and things go back to normal.

But beyond that everything else seems to be working OK.

Except for WiFi if anyone asks :hysterical:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As [mention=1011040]Cyberdevs[/mention] aptly named it 'SonoWiFi', this one is a tough cookie.

I’m had to manually set my timezone via terminal as well. It survives a nvram reset which is good.
I can test first aid tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

AMD all good on beta 2.

Not sure why OC version is unknown still. @Shaneee does you about this hack work ok?

OC 0.9.4

It sure does. Also never had any issues setting timezone 🤷‍♂️

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 14.24.19.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoMpIs said:

It has Smbios from iMac19,1

Clover bootloader 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f7059a0e15412b2244e7c62816514f9.png

Edited by PG7
incompleted
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rocky12 said:

BCM4366

not working. Only working Broadcom chipset are: 4355 (14e4:43dc) ; 4364 (14e4:4364) ; 4377b (14e4:4388) ....but there's no buying option for this. They are recoded chip for Apple product from Broadcom manufacturer and soldered on MB

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 6/19/2023 at 1:35 PM, acquarius13 said:

With regards to the wireless chipsets fitted to Intel Mac platforms supported by Sonoma, it's as follows:
- 2018 Mac mini8,1 -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
- 2018/2019 MacBookAir8,x -> BCM4355 (pci14e4,43dc)
- 2020 MacBookAir9,1 -> BCM4377b (pci14e4,4488)
- 2018/2019 MacBookPro15,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
- 2019/2020 MacBookPro16,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
- 2019 iMac19,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
- 2020 iMac20,x -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)
- 2017 iMacPro1,1 -> BCM4355 (pci14e4,43dc)
- 2019 MacPro7,1 -> BCM4364 (pci14e4,4464)

@Rocky12

According to this list the Device ID isn't supported natively but maybe, just maybe you can use SSDT to spoof it or use device properties to do the same and maybe, just maybe it'll work.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@Rocky12

According to this list the Device ID isn't supported natively but maybe, just maybe you can use SSDT to spoof it or use device properties to do the same and maybe, just maybe it'll work.

I have tried all those device-id.. with none of them it has worked for me, and with some it gives kernel panic 🤷‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PoMpIs said:

I have tried all those device-id.. with none of them it has worked for me, and with some it gives kernel panic 🤷‍♂️

same here... spoof with ssdt, fake pci etc... kp and reboot during start...no way at this moment... :-< 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rocky12 said:

@Cyberdevs I'm grateful. The only intention was to create an injector. kext or SSDT To make it work

You're welcome

And honestly I don't think it would work, as I mentioned before I suggest you wait for OCLP Alpha or Release which might fix the WiFi issue before spending money on something that might not even work.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mick3lson said:

Could someone suggest me a compatible nano wifi adapter working on sonoma. I saw Netgear A1650 and Asus AC53 and they should work, does anyone have experience with this.

@chris1111 has a github listing for USB Wifi adapters that will probably work.  My T3U USB adapter (Tp Link) is working in Beta 2, BUT, it's unlikely that airdrop and other Apple Wifi features will work.  So, I have Wifi, but that's it.  None of the fancy stuff.  Still I haven't experimented much with this adapter and I don't intend to.

You could try it, but maybe @chris1111 knows more......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

same here... spoof with ssdt, fake pci etc... kp and reboot during start...no way at this moment... :-< 

Yes, for me with device-id: 43DC and 4464 the system reboots..

With Device-id: 4488, which is BCM4377b, the system boots, but it takes a while to display an image, and then I see this:

1906148638_Capturadepantalla2023-06-22alas17_08_10.thumb.png.6ae7eeb33608814bd687a01168fbc65a.png

But it doesn't load the driver......But it is very entertaining to test  😆

This is the code in my SSDT:

Method (\_SB.PC00.RP01.PXSX._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If ((Arg2 == Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                             
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x12)
        {
            "AAPL,slot-name", 
            Buffer (0x09)
            {
                "Built In"
            }, 

"name", 
            Buffer (0x29)
            {
                "AirPort Extreme Wireless Network Adapter"
            }, 

"model", 
            Buffer (0x71)
            {
                "AirPort Extreme Wireless Network Adapter (Broadcom BCM4377b 802.11ac Gigabit WiFi Adapter| MIMO 3x3 | 1300 MB/s)"
            }, 

"device_type", 
            Buffer (0x13)
            {
                "Network Controller"
            }, 

"subsystem-id", 
            Buffer (0x04)
            {
                 0xBF, 0x07, 0x00, 0x00                           
            }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id",