[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Hey Guys, I just installed a new MB today - Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi with the 13900K. Dos anyone else have a MB like this that can share their EFI

Hi my friend, my Motherboard was similar is GA Z790 AORUS ELITE AX.

Im change config.plist generic from Olarila forum, but tested and upload Sonoma installer. How to fix your gpu I have no idea. 

So here the basic EFI

Hope you enjoy this much is I am 

Im need change EFi because my SMBIOS was in there. I hope help that's new basic from Olarila forum. 

Need change boot-args in NVRAM section on Opencore to Sonoma

-lilubeta -alcbeta -revbeta -wegbeta alcid=12 watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera npci=0x2000 keepsyms=1 

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folder-with-clover-and-opencore/ 

EFI.zip ACPI GA Z790 AORUS ELITE AX rev1.zip 1165930267_KextsZ790.zip

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lucas_FBS said:

Dell Precision T7910 Mac OS 14 sucess! 😎

image.thumb.jpeg.81b1f631388f4b9e39eb5a1fa1579105.jpeg

Congratulations my friend!!

(Parabéns meu caro amigo, pelo visto também é brasileiro!! 🇧🇷)

Abraços!!!  🇧🇷 🇧🇷 🇧🇷 :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Im change config.plist generic from Olarila forum, but tested and upload Sonoma installer. How to fix your gpu I have no idea. 

So here the basic EFI

Hi @Max.1974

What do you wanbt to fix ?  I don't have RX 900XT, sorry.

If I don't mistaken, you have to use DevicePropreties section to add devices (discrete graphics, etc....). Have a look to dortinia guide.

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<dict/>
		<key>Delete</key>
		<dict/>
	</dict>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PMheart said:

To those who get kernel panic with AirportBrcmFixup — what kind of error did you encounter?

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but for me, Sanoma hangs during boot if I enable AirportBrcmFixup kexts.  I must have MaxKernel limit for Sonoma

Spoiler

236308523_Screenshot2023-06-17at5_26_37AM.png.ae4cef4b4868ad8d5524a38229db175c.png

Without the MaxKernel limit, Sonoma boot (both installer and macOS) hangs (I think the culprit is IOKit Daemon stall):

Spoiler

thumbnail_IMG_2592.thumb.jpg.f15eee83e4495e514739f03d13bd213e.jpg

EDIT: I'm using OC 0.9.3 (RELEASE), Lilu 1.6.6, AirportBrcmFixup 2.1.7.  My hack SMBIOS is MBP6,2.  My Brcm combo card is BCM 94352HMB.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, draylax said:

Bonjour Monsieur, hrm BCM94360NG some says is working, then some say it's not working, then some say only BT is working...oh my gosh...what a mess.

We've been talking about this for 20 pages. 

It doesn't work, no Wi-Fi, nothing... Bluetooth yes, it's amazing, it works perfectly 👌

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

We've been talking about this for 20 pages. 

It doesn't work, no Wi-Fi, nothing... Bluetooth yes, it's amazing, it works perfectly 👌

I see the discussion, and as i mentioned, everyones got different reports, hardly conclusive, so we have concluded after 20 pages for sure that WIFI is cactus and BT is soopurb?  

If BT is working Perfectly as you say, then Airdrop no longer needs WiFi??

5 minutes ago, draylax said:

I see the discussion, and as i mentioned, everyones got different reports, hardly conclusive, so we have concluded after 20 pages for sure that WIFI is cactus and BT is soopurb?  

You'r top!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, draylax said:

NO... 😄

Airdrop does not work, because apple has literally removed the drivers for our wifi modules.... no Mac that supports Sonoma has these wifi modules anymore.... So there are no drivers, so the 4360 for Sonoma is like it doesn't exist .

Bluetooth works the same as in Ventura...

But remember.... No wiffi...

I have put the. wifi module that came from the factory, and so I can have wifi, but it is not the same as with broadcom, and we do not have Airdrop either

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, draylax said:

AirDrop uses Bluetooth to find the nearby devices and then uses WiFi to transfer the files.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, deeveedee said:

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but for me, Sanoma hangs during boot if I enable AirportBrcmFixup kexts.  I must have MaxKernel limit for Sonoma

Hide contents

236308523_Screenshot2023-06-17at5_26_37AM.png.ae4cef4b4868ad8d5524a38229db175c.png

Without the MaxKernel limit, Sonoma boot (both installer and macOS) hangs (I think the culprit is IOKit Daemon stall):

Reveal hidden contents

thumbnail_IMG_2592.thumb.jpg.f15eee83e4495e514739f03d13bd213e.jpg

EDIT: I'm using OC 0.9.3 (RELEASE), Lilu 1.6.6, AirportBrcmFixup 2.1.7.  My hack SMBIOS is MBP6,2.  My Brcm combo card is BCM 94352HMB.

Thanks a lot my friend @deeveedee I saw were edit is in Kernel on config.plist. I will do it now!! 

Thanks so much for that information!! 

And wireless works for you? Like @Cyberdevs mentioned above? 

Thanks  to much!!! :help:

Edited by Max.1974

10 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Max.1974

What do you wanbt to fix ?  I don't have RX 900XT, sorry.

If I don't mistaken, you have to use DevicePropreties section to add devices (discrete graphics, etc....). Have a look to dortinia guide.

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<dict/>
		<key>Delete</key>
		<dict/>
	</dict>

Thanks a lot my friend, im try help an user, and he use RX 6800, I said to him that im not know how could active his gpu, but mine RX6900 XT Aorus  is active and fine with SSDT and DeviceProperties.

Thanks a TON my friend!!! God bless you!!! 

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Max.1974

13 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

So here the basic EFI

Hope you enjoy this much is I am 

Im need change EFi because my SMBIOS was in there. I hope help that's new basic from Olarila forum. 

Need change boot-args in NVRAM section on Opencore to Sonoma

-lilubeta -alcbeta -revbeta -wegbeta alcid=12 watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera npci=0x2000 keepsyms=1 

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folder-with-clover-and-opencore/ 

EFI.zip 4.93 MB · 5 downloads ACPI GA Z790 AORUS ELITE AX rev1.zip 10.76 kB · 1 download 1165930267_KextsZ790.zip 5.81 MB · 3 downloads

Thanks mate 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Darn it! Can't get the fenvi T919 to work in macOS Sonoma so I officially give up!

Once Apple completes the transition to Apple Silicon I'll go back to using MS-DOS! :frantics:

Wifi or BT? BT should just work. I tried with my new MB to use the Intel wifi card and the Fenvi but it causes a conflict for me, so had to disable it in usbports kext.

Just now, surenmunoo said:

Wifi or BT? BT should just work. I tried with my new MB to use the Intel wifi card and the Fenvi but it causes a conflict for me, so had to disable it in usbports kext.

BT works just fine the WiFi doesn't. But I'm sure that in time OCLP will take care of that. Besides it's only the first DP, who knows how many other things break during the next releases.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

BT works just fine the WiFi doesn't. But I'm sure that in time OCLP will take care of that. Besides it's only the first DP, who knows how many other things break during the next releases.

Yeah, knowing apple they will try and kill many Intel uses hacks as they can, hopefully the Devs find a work around like they always do. I had a surprise when I used @MaLd0n EFI for my new MB yesterday and logged into Sonoma, wifi showed up for a very brief moment but before I could react or take a picture it died, never to be seen again. I tried to get it back but nothing, maybe it was because of the intel and Fenvi card being online at the same time. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes BT works fine as before, only WiFi is the bugbear.

I tend to use Ventura for any Wifi related tasks. It's a wait and see what happens with Sonoma coming Betas I'm afraid.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yes BT works fine as before, only WiFi is the bugbear.

I tend to use Ventura for any Wifi related tasks. It's a wait and see what happens with Sonoma coming Betas I'm afraid.

I used @chris1111's driver (from Github) and a Tp-Link T3U Wifi USB dongle and it worked.  I have Wifi. 

I don't use airdrop or anything fancy with Wifi, so I don't know if these work.   This hack I have is just a beta, so I don't do anything other than very basic testing on it, and nothing else.  I don't do any production work on it.  Never have.

And it was kind of a lark;  I bought the TP-Link USB dongle on ebay for $5, so why not try it?

I would think that this means if a driver can be fashioned for the Broadcom wifi adapters we all seem to have, then it's possible these Wifi adapters might still be usable.

Edited by meg2014
phrasing and spelling
  • Like 3