[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2023 at 7:19 AM, cankiulascmnfye said:

I'm not sure this particular build, but as I mentioned before I build them from source as soon as they add a new commit and sometimes they are different.

look here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/357087-macos-sonoma-wireless-issues-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2808923

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Henry2010 said:

The 2301G on my Alder Lake build cannot receive the OTA update on either beta channel.

Any ideas?

(I have signed in iCloud.)

If you've used OCLP to gain WIFI, you need to revert the changes made by OCLP (to an almost Vanilla state).

SIP must also be fully Enabled. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2023 at 3:20 PM, eSaF said:

If you've used OCLP to gain WIFI, you need to revert the changes made by OCLP (to an almost Vanilla state).

SIP must also be fully Enabled. Hope this helps.

Thanks but I don't use OCLP.

Just tried to enable SIP and ended up with a bunch of Gatekeeper pop-ups.

I guess I have to wait for the final release instead. =(

Spoiler

EDIT

Problem solved by moving the *.conf from /etc to /usr/local/etc.

Oh there's another issue. Does anyone use DNSMASQ or BIND, Unbound?

It seems setting DNS to 127.0.0.1 will not work in Sonoma?

Edited by Henry2010
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Henry2010 said:

Thanks but I don't use OCLP.

Just tried to enable SIP and ended up with a bunch of Gatekeeper pop-ups.

I guess I have to wait for the final release instead. =(

Oh there's another issue. Does anyone use DNSMASQ or BIND, Unbound?

It seems setting DNS to 127.0.0.1 will not work in Sonoma?

OTA is related to smbios (only T2 free, and above all, supported smbios receive OTA from Sonoma without using RE + sbvmm that simulate virtual machine for Apple update check runtime). What's yours?

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CloverLeaf said:

Ok, that went well :) In order to be able to recieve the update I disabled BlueToolFixup and applied the boot args for RestrictEvents. Everything is working fine.

image.png.208591b559a7eeb2f692a590c387b723.png

Off topic.

Why is your icon just macOS instead of the Sonoma graphic?

Update went well here, didn't bother with OTA / Incremental update just grabbed the full installer from MIST, rebooted 3-4 times, reinstall root patches > done :)

Spoiler

1058461573_Screenshot2023-08-01at8_12_48PM.thumb.png.4f0b2b0e720d26b136301a0de1cd1dfe.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

As said before at least twice: sdvmm doesn't "simulate" a virtual machine, it just spoofs the board-id it would use if it was running in a VM to apple update servvers. This way all the updates issues SMBIOS from machines with a T2 Security chip can be bypassed.

so , basically, is what I say... no?... -.-' they SIMULATE/FAKE/ETC a VM installation for Apple update server... btw, i leave hackintosh...my m2ultra macpro is on the way..so byez to all xD :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

..my m2ultra macpro is on the way..so byez to all xD :thumbsup_anim:

So I see you’re jumping ship!!!! So, so sad to see you go. Please do look in on your poor brothers (we can’t afford real Mac’s 🤣) from time to time just to feel nostalgic.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

so , basically, is what I say... no?... -.-' they SIMULATE/FAKE/ETC a VM installation for Apple update server... btw, i leave hackintosh...my m2ultra macpro is on the way..so byez to all xD :thumbsup_anim:

I've tried, but I don't like apple hardware... 🤷‍♂️

What I really like is "hackintosh" since apple switched to intel and I installed it on my pentium 4 HT... if it's not hackintosh I lose interest...

I have bought a Macbook and I have sold it, I get bored, if everything just works it is not fun for me..

The day Apple stops releasing its system for x86, I'll leave Apple... deep down it annoys me because I like their operating system, but on my PC it's not their Mac's...

Regards mate 🤗

• Like 7

Of course...but ill use it for work...and for video MacOS is only way...M2 GPU in this work is absolutely faster than every gpu on market...but, i agree with you to all 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Saying this is simulation is like claimin that turning the knob on a stove is responsible for the water in a pot starting to boil. :D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

I've tried, but I don't like apple hardware... 🤷‍♂️

What I really like is "hackintosh" since apple switched to intel and I installed it on my pentium 4 HT... if it's not hackintosh I lose interest...

I have bought a Macbook and I have sold it, I get bored, if everything just works it is not fun for me..

The day Apple stops releasing its system for x86, I'll leave Apple... deep down it annoys me because I like their operating system, but on my PC it's not their Mac's...

Regards mate 🤗

Well, disassebmling a 2010 iMac and upgrading parts for it was the most fun I had this year so far in terms of hacking. :D

But as fare as current Apple hardware is concerened, I would only buy it if I had to for business so I could run application I need. SImply because absolutely nothing on these new machines can be user-upgraded or fixed any longer. You can't even recover your data if the the controller of a soldererd-on NVME fails. And then there's Apple as a global corpoorate enterprise using loopholes to avoid taxe and lobbying against right to repair initiatives and 3rd party repair businessea. I would never support that company monitarily. Too bad they got such a nice OS…

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2

I spent the entire day yesterday - 8 hours straight - configuring my Sonoma installation to run my Broadcom 4352 wifi card.  I used posts of several people as a guide but want to thank @deeveedee for posting his config.plist.  My biggest problem was using the correct (nightly) build of OLCP and the kexts needed for Sonoma wifi.  I also had to revise my SSDT-ARPT.aml because my wifi adapter is on RP06, not RP02, and I had to remove the subsystem ID in the SSDT I downloaded because I have a slightly different 4352 chipset.  I also copied some settings from the DSDT I use to the SSDT-ARPT but these were cosmetic changes only.  It did seem to matter in what order the new kexts were loaded so that took some experimenting for me.  Lastly, I updated to Beta 4 when I was done and once it booted, I received a pop-up from OLCP telling me that I needed to repatch my wifi adapter so I did, rebooted, and everything was functioning.  I am testing things still but the problems I had with AMFI disabled seem to be resolved by using the AMFIPass.kext and the boot-arg to use it on a beta system.  I am a bit concerned that my boot-args are looking like a short novel and I hope to go through them and see whether I can remove any of them.

Now, I have a question that has bothered me since I first installed Sonoma.  When I click my mouse button anywhere on the desktop, I get a grayish border around my display and I have no clue what feature causes that or what function it is supposed to serve.  Can someone please explain?  I find it to be a PITA.  Thanks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

When I click my mouse button anywhere on the desktop, I get a grayish border around my display and I have no clue what feature causes that or what function it is supposed to serve.  Can someone please explain?  I find it to be a PITA.  Thanks.

Yes I agree it is a PITA, it is a new feature, but what purpose it serves apart from annoying the user I don't have a clue.:no:

That's basically the old F11 - "Show desktop" feature now attached to the left mouse click when clicking somewhere on the desktop. I also find it annoying since I can do it with F11. Not sure if there's a way to turn it off.

EDIT: There is a way to turn it off, thanks @Cyberdevs :) 

EDIT2: I just noticed my Realtek card reader in my Dell 7400 isn't working anymore. I checked the github repo and it has not been updated since 2022. Does anybody have some info about the developement of the Realtek card reader kext ?

Edited by CloverLeaf