[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

OCLP and Adguard for safari don't work well together, too...

And now I have a problem, with boot, without usb installer my system don't boot... grrrrr

And I have the same EFI in the usb and in my ssd Sonoma...

Until I find the culprit, I'm returning to Ventura...

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

OCLP and Adguard for safari don't work well together, too...

And now I have a problem, with boot, without usb installer my system don't boot... grrrrr

And I have the same EFI in the usb and in my ssd Sonoma...

Until I find the culprit, I'm returning to Ventura...

Adguard works flawless on my side at least.

30-07-2023 at 20-33-34.png

Edited by Blesh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yes there is a conflict between OCLP Sonoma and Apple TV on my system as well. It will open for a few seconds and then crash.

On Chrome and Netflix there is no such problem.

Well, I'm going to remove the Fenvi... I only use it for AirDrop and very rarely... I can do it with other tools when I need it...

I will use the Magic Trackpad with the bluetooth integrated in the motherboard and that's it, I can even use it always connected to the USB, so I don't have to disable SIP or patch the system and I will receive the incremental updates instead of the full 12Gb installation 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PoMpIs said:

Well, I'm going to remove the Fenvi... I only use it for AirDrop and very rarely... I can do it with other tools when I need it...

Ok but I need mine so that I can use the Cameras on my iPhone in 'Hand Off to Mac' which are by far superior quality compared to my webcam specially in low light situations.

At this stage in Sonoma's and OCLP development, I will sacrifice Apple TV to utilize all the other new features available by way of functioning WiFi in Sonoma.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

You just need to look last 2 pages.

A fix to combat Apple TV crashing on opening???????????????????????

By the way this is also happening on some Models of real Macs.

A bit late to the party :) Everything's working pretty well, the system feels way more responsive than Ventura and finally my screen mirroring is working again. Amazing! I am using Intel 9560NGW. Both Wi-Fi and BT working :) Battery life will be tested next few days, despite that everything I tried is just flying.

image.png.488dfeadc7c7bd619afafe7ac21f36c8.png

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 4

I've been testing Sonoma on several Macs and Hacks and so far only the 2011 MacBook Pro didn't play along it hangs and graphics also don't get acceleration mainly because of the Intel HD 3000 which doesn't support metal afiak.

• Like 4

Thank you.

Delta OTA update after reverting the root patches done by OCLP.   

image.png.aecdc372c8b25b6744d4ad09339efd84.png

Edit: Delta OTA update works for My Comet Lake and Coffee Lake systems after reverting root patch, thanks to @Cyberdevs for the confirmation. But my non-AVX system fails when attempting to delta OTA update from 23A5301g to 23A5301h with "Failed to prepare the software update" message .

Edited by AppleBreak
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AppleBreak said:

Thank you.

Delta OTA update working fine shows up after reverting the root patches done by OCLP.   

Edit: Spoke to soon. I am getting the "Failed to prepare the software update" message with 15 minutes remaining.

It worked fine on my end.
I reverted the patch, rebooted the system, installed the update and once it was done applied the patches again and everything went smoothly.

• Like 4

Ok, that went well :) In order to be able to recieve the update I disabled BlueToolFixup and applied the boot args for RestrictEvents. Everything is working fine.

image.png.208591b559a7eeb2f692a590c387b723.png

Edited by CloverLeaf
  • Like 5

Guys, does NVMeFix actually work in Sonoma ? I saw the update note in Acidanthera's repo but not sure how to test it. Does it make any difference with and without it ? For Sonoma I am using Samsung 950 Pro NVMe. System report says TRIM is supported.

Edited by CloverLeaf

14 minutes ago, CloverLeaf said:

Guys, does NVMeFix actually work in Sonoma ? I saw the update note in Acidanthera's repo but not sure how to test it. Does it make any difference with and without it ? For Sonoma I am using Samsung 950 Pro NVMe. System report says TRIM is supported.

yesimage.thumb.png.41d751323f9062710e613e1c27fe5c27.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 3