[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

How do I enable access to beta testing now? Unfortunately, after completely reinstalling OS X, no application works.

UPD. The issue has been resolved, I have registered on the Apple website, a profile has appeared.

Снимок экрана 2023-07-06 в 05.48.30.png

Снимок экрана 2023-07-06 в 06.04.10.png

Edited by ANTIKO
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, matxpa said:

Thanks a lot my friend, its possible obtain link from <<Mist>> ?

https://github.com/ninxsoft/Mist/releases/tag/v0.9 

Edited by Max.1974

Sonoma 14.0 Beta 3 update appeared on my HackBookPro6,2 (SMBIOS MBP6,2) booting with OC 0.9.3 and patched with OCLP-AMFIPass-Beta4 (AMFI and Library Validation fully enabled).  Sonoma Beta2 -> Beta3 upgrade without issues via OTA upgrade.

Spoiler

1118922827_Screenshot2023-07-05at7_59_58PM.png.442f02725c27dc179739ed125c6fe037.png

EDIT: Note that full graphics acceleration with my NVidia Tesla is not enabled yet (OCLP does not yet support non-metal patching in Sonoma).  Still, this old hack is surprisingly responsive with Sonoma. I am having no problems using it.  I'm posting this with Firefox, because Safari is not yet usable in Sonoma (because of non-metal patching).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Sonoma 14.0 Beta 3 update appeared on my HackBookPro6,2 (SMBIOS MBP6,2) booting with OC 0.9.3 and patched with OCLP-AMFIPass-Beta4 (AMFI and Library Validation fully enabled).  Sonoma Beta2 -> Beta3 upgrade without issues via OTA upgrade.

Reveal hidden contents

1118922827_Screenshot2023-07-05at7_59_58PM.png.442f02725c27dc179739ed125c6fe037.png

It's unbelievable how this 13+ years old laptop still holds it with the latest MacOS :) Big shout to OCLP dev team!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ANTIKO said:

How do I enable access to beta testing now? Unfortunately, after completely reinstalling OS X, no application works.

UPD. The issue has been resolved, I have registered on the Apple website, a profile has appeared.

Снимок экрана 2023-07-06 в 05.48.30.png

Снимок экрана 2023-07-06 в 06.04.10.png

Sorry im not know my friend!! 

• Like 2

Sonoma b3 release notes:"

Wi-Fi Known Issues:

While a Mac has active traffic via Wi-Fi, you might experience difficulty discovering and connecting to Continuity Camera. (109954955)

Workaround: Stop active traffic over the Wi-Fi link before starting a Continuity Camera session."

No acknowledgement of removed WIFI drivers, and no explanation as to why. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Beta 3 has a weird new location for the os install progress bar…

20230706_155405.thumb.jpg.bfedf8a21775c283192caff24a7258d0.jpg

…and the login-screen:

27661112_Bildschirmfoto2023-07-06um16_08_18.thumb.png.8ab79695e84f708e6dc661b681a1a159.png

.... Not only that, but also a lot that doesn't work correctly with a clean reinstallation of the Beta3.

After you can see that the remaining time is 26 minutes, it remains indefinitely at "less than 1 minute left", it is NOT automatically restarted, as is usually the case.

I have the Beta3 clean on my orig. iMac 20.2 installed.

I then had to restart the iMac manually, then the macOS Installer finally worked. After then again 2 reboots the beta3 was finally installed.

In beta3, things got a lot worse again!

Can someone else also confirm this, with the first installation phase, which after a remaining time of 26 minutes will NOT automatically restart?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mek21 said:

Confirm AirportItlwm.kext working well on beta3.

Likewise fuse for mac 4.5.0

Same here but I cannot connect to iCloud because the NIC is not shown as "built in"... I tried to force it to be identified as built in in device properties in OpenCore but it doesn't work... 

Edited by Dragster27
typo

Please help
i was able to do fresh install Sonoma beta but i have no USB. (just USB HDD and flash drive don't work)

i had Ventura and USB HDD and Flash Drive was working fine, 

Z97-A

I7 4790K

AMD RX580

SMBios Mac Pro 2019

Edited by dodo

24 minutes ago, dodo said:

Please help
i was able to do fresh install Sonoma beta but i have no USB. (just USB HDD and flash drive don't work)

i had Ventura and USB HDD and Flash Drive was working fine, 

Z97-A

I7 4790K

AMD RX580

SMBios Mac Pro 2019

But you should to tell what did you do for USB to work.

For me, I made LegacyUSB.kext and it works since HighSierra up to Sonoma.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hiphopboy said:

can't upgrade the mac to lastest beta 3 if not the full installer package :(

Did you see the advice about RestrictEvents.kext few posts above?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Slice said:

But you should to tell what did you do for USB to work.

For me, I made LegacyUSB.kext and it works since HighSierra up to Sonoma.

Honestly, I don't have any USB kext install on Ventura.
all i have is USBInjectAll.kext and XhciPortLimit checked and all my USB ports works.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dodo said:

Honestly, I don't have any USB kext install on Ventura.
all i have is USBInjectAll.kext and XhciPortLimit checked and all my USB ports works.

Exclude XhciPortLimit. It is bad way.

• Like 1

Just adding revpatch=sbvmm to my boot args got me the update as I already had the kext in there, thanks everyone for the information!

Will it affect my Ventura install or ok to leave it in there?

Edited by D-an-W