[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

I finally found some time to install Sonoma Beta 2 on my HackMini8,1 (see details here).  I've seen others report that OC 0.9.4 was required to install Beta 2, so I just wanted to report that OC 0.9.3 worked perfectly for me when installing Sonoma Beta 2.  I did not find the need to use OC 0.9.4 and I'm using all Release (not Developer) kexts.  Note that I do NOT use Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and I don't have Aquantia Ethernet.  Based on my limited testing so far, Sonoma seems to be working very well.  The OC 0.9.3 EFI that I used to install Sonoma Beta 2 is attached here.

About This Hack: Sonoma Beta2

Spoiler

371548280_Screenshot2023-07-02at10_39_03AM.png.253b1fa477cd5964922543b184e281b1.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 7

[off-topic] 

@Max.1974 , you use MacPro7,1 smbios with NAVI card, remove WEG and agdpmod bootarg. Is not needed.

nvmefix...only relevant with some Samsung and some older Gen3 nvme...btw didn't work very well since latest Ventura...for who don't have Samsung nvme, remove..is not needed (btw, give it a shot..try with and without)

Edited by D3v1L
  • Thanks 1

Há 21 minutos, D3v1L disse:

[fora do tópico]

@Max.1974, você usa MacPro7,1 smbios com cartão NAVI, remove WEG e agdpmod bootarg. Não é necessário.

nvmefix...apenas relevante com alguns Samsung e alguns Gen3 nvme mais antigos...btw não funcionou muito bem desde o último Ventura...para quem não tem Samsung nvme, remova..não é necessário (a propósito, dê uma chance..tente com e sem)

@D3v1L

Thanks a lot my friend, I will test with and without. 

I will change my SMBIOS too, like you said, and remove boot-args. I noticed the boot now is lazy since Sonoma update. I appreciated a lot : feiticeiro: 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

[off-topic] 

@Max.1974 , you use MacPro7,1 smbios with NAVI card, remove WEG and agdpmod bootarg. Is not needed.

nvmefix...only relevant with some Samsung and some older Gen3 nvme...btw didn't work very well since latest Ventura...for who don't have Samsung nvme, remove..is not needed (btw, give it a shot..try with and without)

I try remove boot-args but not boot. Thanks a lot again, I will make some tests to try remove unnecessary args. 

17 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

I try remove boot-args but not boot. Thanks a lot again, I will make some tests to try remove unnecessary args. 

for make it to boot, you need to remove/disable whatevergreen.kext and remove "agdpmod=pikera" from bootargs otherwise, if you don't remove the whatevergreen kext, you have a black screen (remember, this work only with MacPro7,1 smbios)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

for make it to boot, you need to remove/disable whatevergreen.kext and remove "agdpmod=pikera" from bootargs otherwise, if you don't remove the whatevergreen kext, you have a black screen (remember, this work only with MacPro7,1 smbios)

Hi @D3v1L thanks for your help, but I try many possibilities, and my GPU is not Native, so I think that need it WhateverGreen.kext.  its gave me infinity loop. 

I will keep in touch about it. Really Thanks !!! 

• Like 1

Really strange......i have same dgpu and it works really good...btw the "error text" at boot, give me in mind you didn't reset and clear nvram...btw we are off-topic here 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D3v1L said:

Really strange......i have same dgpu and it works really good...btw the "error text" at boot, give me in mind you didn't reset and clear nvram...btw we are off-topic here 😊

Just remember that he is using a patched DSDT which probably hasn't been adjusted ever, so that's that…

31 minutes ago, Montblanc said:

The latest AirportItlwm.kext working very well here with Intel AX210.

And which variant are you using – the one for Ventura? Because there's no variant for Sonoma included in the 2.3.0 alpha release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Just remember that he is using a patched DSDT which probably hasn't been adjusted ever, so that's that…

👍

2 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

And which variant are you using – the one for Ventura? Because there's no variant for Sonoma included in the 2.3.0 alpha release.

This one (1010819027_Sonoma_AirportItlwm.kext.zip) from Max.1974's post on this page

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

7 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Hi all, first thanks a lot for information, I not use DSDT, but only SSDT. Should I have remove someone of this, and try? 

Thanks for effort @D3v1L and @cankiulascmnfye 

You are using Sapphire and im using Aorus Gigabyte. Device ID could be little different. 0x73bf. 

image.png.08b33a7dd79bd54edd46d198cf3f6b48.png

The error was a second time that im try boot, so I decide record simple video. 

My ACPI folder is only  based on SSDTTime and others essentials. 

Captura de Tela 2023-07-04 às 11.03.11.png

Edited by Max.1974

@Max.1974 

Your ACPI tables ARE NOT SSDTTime only! I know all the tables SSDTTime can generate and some of yours are definitely not generated by SSDTTime and may conflict eacht other:

• I am pretty sure SSDT-BRG0 and SSDT-Bridge (which can be generated by SSDTTime) do the same. So you should probably disable one of them.
  • SSDT UIAC and USB AORUS are both not genereated by SSDT-Time. It seems that both are for getting USB to work. I am pretty sure one of them is unnecessary. SSDT-UIAC is an accompanying table for USBInjectAll.kext. So unless you are using USBInjectAll (which should only be used for mapping ports, not for daily use) one of them is probably not needed.
  • SSDT-USBW also not generated by SSDTTime. It's for fixing USB Wake issues.
  • SSDT-PLUG-ALT is for 12th and 13th Gen CPUs only. So unless you are using a 12th gen Intel Core CPU or newer, it's the wrong SSDT.

So whatever your issue is, you should straighten out your SSDT and kexts situation first.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@Max.1974 

Your ACPI tables ARE NOT SSDTTime only! I know all the tables SSDTTime can generate and some of yours are definitely not generated by SSDTTime and may conflict eacht other:

• I am pretty sure SSDT-BRG0 and SSDT-Bridge (which cna be generated by SSDTTime) do the same. So you should probably disable one of them.
  • SSDT UIAC and USB AORUS are both not genereated by SSDT-Time. It seems that both are for getting USB to work. I am pretty sure one of them is unnecessary. SSDT-UIAC is an accompanying table for USBInjectAll.kext. So unless you are using USBInjectAll (which should only be used for mapping ports, not for daily use) one of them is probably not needed.
  • SSDT-USBW also not generated by SSDTTime. It's for fixing USB Wake issues.
  • SSDT-PLUG-ALT is for 12th and 13th Gen CPUs only. So unless you are using a 12th gen Intel Core CPU or newer, it's the wrong SSDT.

So whatever your issue is, you should straighten out your SSDT and kexts situation first.

Thanks my friend, im rename some SSDTs using this tutorial from GitHub :

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports 

This tutorial bring to my USBports stability. Very nice. 

Anothers SSDTs im extract from SysReport debug Opencore. 

For exemple SSDT-USBW im get here or rename SSDT-EC

https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-easy.html#so-what-can-t-ssdttime-do

Im using 13th intel i9 Gen CPU. 

image.png.8252a4362da17a168088446f17d86a55.png

Im can boot without whatever green but not get acceleration. 

Only appreciated your help. Thanks a lot!! 

I will continue try fix up this. 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Thanks my friend, im rename some SSDTs using this tutorial from GitHub :

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports 

This tutorial bring to my USBports stability. Very nice. 

Anothers SSDTs im extract from SysReport debug Opencore. 

For exemple SSDT-USBW im get here or rename SSDT-EC

https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/ssdt-methods/ssdt-easy.html#so-what-can-t-ssdttime-do

Im using 13th intel i9 Gen CPU. 

image.png.8252a4362da17a168088446f17d86a55.png

Im can boot without whatever green but not get acceleration. 

Only appreciated your help. Thanks a lot!! 

I will continue try fix up this. 

@Max.1974https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports is built by @cankiulascmnfye after he translated a Chinese site and added his work. So is better to listen his advice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

@Max.1974https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/03_USB_Fixes/ACPI_Mapping_USB_Ports is built by @cankiulascmnfye after he translated a Chinese site and added his work. So is better to listen his advice.

Oh Nice!!! Really? Oh my God!! Very awesome!!! Yes, im do my best and appreciated your effort. Im follow he's tutorial, very right. 

Thanks again @cankiulascmnfye and @Stefanalmare help me a lot!!

He is 5T33Z0 user fro GitHub? Im your fan!!! Pass hours and hours compile SSDT from my machines, 4 builds in totally. Very hard work!!! 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 6