[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Nightf4ll said:

What new features does Sonoma have, to warrant switching from Monterey and break Wifi? All I saw was some widgets.. Or is it just the thrill of having an OS version with a larger version number 🤣

Well for me what is standing out are the wallpapers and screensavers. Another bonus is that all the display resolutions are available for my built in display, unlike the previous versions where I had to use third party programs in order to activate all resolutions. The main reason though is to ensure that my Hackintosh is capable of running the latest version 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you first have to try Ventura before you attempt Sonoma, seeing that you are still on Monterey 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

hello Max 1974 and everyone else. Wireless (Airdrop) over Ethernet works very well with terminal string from @Max1974

But I don't need it for that. For me it is important that AirDrop works if I can send data or pictures to a mobile device such as my iPad or iPhone.

both my Hackintosh and my original iMac are connected to the Ethernet. I don't need AirDrop for that.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

hello Max 1974 and everyone else. Wireless internet works very well.

But I don't need it for that. For me it is important that AirDrop works if I can send data or pictures to a mobile device such as my iPad or iPhone.

You can use localsend for the time being as @antuneddu suggested. It works well.

• Thanks 2

thanks for localsend tip, i will testing today

Question:

how can I install localsend as an IPA file on the iPhone? It's not possible, you need a jailbreak for that, right? I also found localsend in the app store, is it the same?

ok i habe see ist it the same.

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1

1 hora atrás, o eSaF disse:

@Max.1974- Seria uma boa prática ativar seu 'Firewall' também para segurança extra, a menos que esteja desligado por design.

Thanks my brother, im already turn on...:thumbsup_anim:

50 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

You can use localsend for the time being as @antuneddu suggested. It works well.

Thanks my friend, im install all apps and works very fine, im still testing and hope!!!

Nice memory tks!!! 

• Like 2

@AlfredoM  @Max.1974

Sorry to say but in my system this command doesn't enable Airdrop over Ethernet. In fact, I thought this command didn't work since Monterey. I'm surprised it works with you 2. What luck! 🙂

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

6 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@AlfredoM  @Max.1974

Sorry to say but in my system this command doesn't enable Airdrop over Ethernet. In fact, I thought this command didn't work since Monterey. I'm surprised it works with you 2. What luck! 🙂

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

Thanks my friend, it's not all the time, but works once or another time, not all the time.

Not even shows up Airdrop for you? Recognize your devices? Like iPhone?

Maybe is crazy but I have 2 Airdrops and works. Once works wireless too, but only one time!! 

Im installed so much thinks the macOs was bored and works for me :) 

Don't forget that im running Z790 with BT and Wifi Native, and T-1919 Fenvi Card. Maybe that crazy horse left macOs confuse 

(Hermano es un cabalo loco, mui loco) kkkk

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Max1974 How can it be that AirDrop works for you with WiFi? Even if you have a different motherboard,

why does it work for you?

it can't work without the IO80211family.kext, or do you have this kext in Sonoma?

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

@Max1974 How can it be that AirDrop works for you with WiFi? Even if you have a different motherboard,

why does it work for you?

it can't work without the IO80211family.kext, or do you have this kext in Sonoma?

Like im said my friend I have a twice mixed EFI, is a crazy horse that i have no idea what it works, but it's not all the time. :guitar: 

Im put all kexts and sometimes even macOs booted kkkkkk Don't do this at home 

My MOBO have native intel WIFI 6 and works Bluetooth too. I have been read that Qualcomm will be another series of combos wifi BT in macOs, like iPhone. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks friend Max1974.

Ok I just did tests with the "localsend" it works just as easy as Airdrop.

So the airdrop problem is solved for now. Unless you can find an alternative to the IO80211Family.kext that no longer works

I also had a mixed test with BT from the BCM94360CD and WLAN with the TP-Link Archer T9UH V1.

Ok, both devices saw each other, but data transfer didn't work with them.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:24 PM, chris1111 said:

I know no problem

Ive just test  my guide for SIP enable and its not work on this beta

It work

@Casey_S.J. It work SIP enable; After Ventura 13.3

Its only allow app from security, see my Edit SIP Enable Yes

See spoiler Video⬇︎

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Awesome @chris1111 

Chris1111, on these days I tested your program, which is great, very straight and everything went well with a very old wireless usb of mine here. Brother, you could try to grace us with your knowledge and make Broadcom's PCIe Cards run again. It would be awesome!!! If Sonoma accepted Ventura kexts.

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

Awesome @chris1111 

Chris1111, on these days I tested your program, which is great, very straight and everything went well with a very old wireless usb of mine here. Brother, you could try to grace us with your knowledge and make Broadcom's PCIe Cards run again. It would be awesome!!! If Sonoma accepted Ventura kexts.

:thumbsup_anim:

thanks @Max.1974

I am work on BCM fix, a lot of testing

For kext in Sonoma you can with Kext Droplet macOS but Apple kext is not loading in /Library/Extensions/, only Legacy kernel Extensions with SIP disable

Sip enable needs kext consent

Edited by chris1111
Sip enable needs kext consent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 6/30/2023 at 2:35 AM, Max.1974 said:

, but Works for me

It works for you because your screenshot is showing you are connected to Wifi.

switch off wifi, with only ethernet connected, and then try airdrop a photo from your iphone to your mac and then the other way, mac to iphone.

That’s the scenario we are in, broken Broadcom Wifi on Sonoma, so we got only ethernet and Bluetooth with active connections, and with that old enable all interfaces command it used to work with no wifi but it hasn’t for many years.

• Like 3

Hervé on the other forum mentioned that the Wifi Broadcom kernel extension that has been removed from Sonoma should have given us clues long time ago with the name 'legacy' in the filename.

So searching Ventura Extensions for 'Legacy' here's the result:

(so whatever these effect, it's likely support will be removed in near future).

IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext

IOPlatformPluginLegacy.kext

AppleUSBLegacyHub.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOPlatformPluginLegacy.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBLegacyHub.kext

Edited by draylax
typo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, draylax said:

Hervé on the other forum mentioned that the Wifi Broadcom kernel extension that has been removed from Sonoma should have given us clues long time ago with the name 'legacy' in the filename.

So searching Ventura Extensions for 'Legacy' here's the result:

(so whatever these effect, it's likely support will be removed in near future).

IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext

IOPlatformPluginLegacy.kext

AppleUSBLegacyHub.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOPlatformPluginLegacy.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBLegacyHub.kext

I guess that's only half of the story. Other frameworks and stacks (like the aformentiones Skywalk stack) are probably involved as well. In other words: smply re-injecting these kext into S/L/E in Post-Instal probably won't cut it. But there's progress nonetheless: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/883#issuecomment-1614874152

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back from holiday (BTW: thank you mod's for deleting my post). I have installed Sonoma beta2 on z690 Aorus Master, i9 12900k, RX 6800 XT. Update doesn't appeared and I used full installer. All OK (obvious no WIFI, but no issue with Aquantia ethernet). But, a huge surprise: for first time 240Hz on MacOS. On top, the frequencie is variable and it actually work.

Spoiler

1.png

Spoiler

2.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Casey_S.J. said:

Thank you for making this change!! I’ll try the procedure this weekend. 

The Guide for OC version  Wireless-USB-OC-Big-Sur-Adapter is differant, no kexts is installed on the System, then Notarizing works.

Ive just updated this guide with infos and Video

Thanks

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Back from holiday (BTW: thank you mod's for deleting my post). I have installed Sonoma beta2 on z690 Aorus Master, i9 12900k, RX 6800 XT. Update doesn't appeared and I used full installer. All OK (obvious no WIFI, but no issue with Aquantia ethernet). But, a huge surprise: for first time 240Hz on MacOS. On top, the frequencie is variable and it actually work.

Hide contents

1.png

Hide contents

2.png

Nice!!! I've got the same G9 like you xD

• Like 1