[pre-release] macOS Sonoma

1,844 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

What the %@±** is going on??? No show here either. :wallbash:

Yes, it's incredible!! 🥴

I only get the update at 13600k... when I boot in native on a separate NVMe and in UNRAID virtualizing Sonoma and passing the GPU...

In all other computers the update does not show

This is a virtual machine in UNRAID, which catches the update without problems: 

487553835_Capturadepantalla2023-06-22alas0_39_11.thumb.png.7de837307a93aeb041b9e0bc7d172247.png

• Like 3

Well, for me Sonoma Beta 2 installed just fine. 

But for me there were two issues:  one was Wifi, of course, and the other was my Aquantia 10Gb NIC.

A thought about Wifi:  Now that Wifi is still dead, we can be sure that the removal of the Broadcom drivers was not an oversight.  What that means, as best I can deduce, is that for Wifi, if there is a fix, it's going to be something like somebody comes up with a driver or a kext or something like an OC hack of some sort. Maybe the Chinese can come up with a card or some hardware add-on that will work, but that seems less and less likely.

However, if drivers can be written for Intel Wireless, why not for older Broadcom wireless devices?

The other issue is for the Aquantia 10 Gb NIC.  It needs a new patch.  That patch can be found on the Marvell (Aquantia) 10 Gb Ethernet support thread (towards the end of the postings).   For me, once the patch was applied, my Aquantia started working again.

Edited by meg2014
spelling
  • Like 2

With that loot, I am sure you can get 1 working 

Mostly intel cards. Some Realtek and Qualcomm and a couple genuine Apple.
I don’t wanna use a third party app for wifi and lose airdrop / handoff / etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Update does not show up for me as well, no matter what I try. Downloading the full installer now, 

1 hour ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

Updating manually. Beta 2 doesn't show up in System Settings for me.

Maybe you need try change SMBIOS to iMac19,1 temporary.

image.thumb.png.e4c487c2b399f1771c9339d6e402b4fb.png

Captura de Tela 2023-06-22 às 02.12.40.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

Yes Sir our days are definitely numbered if Sonoma is an indication. Even though my machine has a registered Dev account, no offer of an update appeared.

Had to do it via the full installer, what a bind we are in now!!! 😢

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 05.04.30.png

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Maybe you need try change SMBIOS to iMac19,1 temporary.

image.thumb.png.e4c487c2b399f1771c9339d6e402b4fb.png

Captura de Tela 2023-06-22 às 02.12.40.png

For some unknown reason to me, as soon as I change the SMBios, I loose Bluetooth and usb completely so cannot use Sonoma, have to revert to my normal EFI  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

For some unknown reason to me, as soon as I change the SMBios, I loose Bluetooth and usb completely so cannot use Sonoma, have to revert to my normal EFI  

To me works fine intel BT and Broadcom with different EFI 

Maybe you can try repair permissions or ResetNvram 

Captura de Tela 2023-06-22 às 02.44.21.png

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

...maybe you have usb kext with smbios specified...

• Like 6

If you are using intel BT maybe you could try delete  this two kexts on EFI,  IntelBluetoothInjector.kext -  IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext,  and left only IntelBTPatcher.kext, works to me. image.png.44cbf1752c0c8f94de85f5a5142722a4.png

• Like 1