Sierra: GPU Intel HD5500 detected but VRAM 4 mb unchangaeble

mauro26

19 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm dealing with my first days in Hackintosh installation, Sierra 10.12.6. After having solved ethernet card detection for connection (and previously by Android driver for USB cellphone hotspot thanks to Horndis driver), now I just obtained my gpu chipset detection selecting INTEL INJECTION on Clover Configurator. There, I also tried to increase the VRAM size with only shows 4 Mb, by setting 512 in the VRAM field

clover graphics.jpg 

but after reboot could not see a different value, still 4 Mb:

resoconto sistema.jpg

I'd like to expand my graphics capacity , can suggest me how to proceed?

Also attach here my iorey and bootlog.

Thank you all

1435000487_maurosiMac.ioreg bootlog.log.txt

Edited by mauro26

14 hours ago, Slice said:

1. Why Clover 4012? I don't remember how it works.

2. Why legacy boot? The computer is able to boot UEFI.

3. Why Sierra? You can boot Ventura.

Hi Slice, thank you for answering.

I haven't chosen the actual version-configuration of my Hackintosh which was the only one I could install on my laptop -specifications in signature- , but trying to get in a more handleable situation acting as the beginner that I am, that's why I'm here.

So, my answers are:

1 you already answered to me in another post here about the need to update Clover version in order to upgrade the macOS Sierra to a newer one, I have difficulties in this, as the Clover Configurator in Clover Install-Update section does nothing; not showing actual version, not finding updates as click in check now gadget

Install-Update Clover.jpeg

2 I installed this Hackintosh on a USB pen drive and boot from there, don't know how/if UEFI vs LEGACY mode can be modified

3 reason why Sierra, is -repeat- that I found this Hackintosh as the only fitting an installation for my laptop configuration and now I'm trying to evolve in a better situation starting from here.  If you say that I can operate to install Ventura version on the USB Pendrive meeting my laptop specs I'm the first one interested and happy for this.  My limit is the knowledge on MacOs environment being very basic but I'm so much curious since I've realised something with my actual installation.

Edited by mauro26

ok, installed Clover 5150 , at reboot I'm stuck because as select  like before the USB volume containing MacOs , now I land in a next UEFI menu which does not contain any useful option/item to boot from that USB, I've explored all menu's option.

Luckily I've a backup USB pendrive for cloning and reinstate the previous situation on the other one.

I need more knowledge and a bit of more encouraging help, as tried to say before

deviceselection.jpg

next menu.jpg

Edited by mauro26

9 hours ago, mauro26 said:

ok, by booting from the backup usb volume I then can plug the other volume and browse its folders after Clover 5150 installation.

/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI is there.

Also attach the Clover install log found in /EFI

cloverx64EFI.jpeg

Clover_Install_Log.txt 2.29 kB · 2 downloads

Now I see something strange. Your EFI folder is disk1s1 but boot1h is written into disk1s2. Why? This is the mistake in the installer?

What options did you choose?

Is it the official release5150? Or some fork?

2 hours ago, mauro26 said:

well I have downloaded Clover 5150 from the link you provided. No different folder chosen while installing, left standard option.

If something different had to be done I can turn back in initial situation and reinstall Clover as due

Check these options

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 12.55.04.png

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 12.56.46.png

• Like 1

today I went to start the laptop from the main disk (Windows 10) and ....blue screen, system does not boot anymore and every attempt to restore/repair fails.

I think that somehow this Clover installation went in the system disk, even if I've been looking all the times to keep USB works apart from the main disk.

I will get back as I'll succeed to recover my W10 someway and hopefully not reinstalling from zero, which would be a disaster for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 10:57 AM, Slice said:

Check these options

back again after sometime, main Windows system restored from an image saved with Rescuezilla.

Ok, now I've made the C 5150 installation otions changes you suggested in the images.

Clover 5150 starts in EFI mode but without detecting/showing the MacOS volume from where it runs , only Windows/NTFS volumes recognized (in the picture: one Windows partition and the other three NTFS related to it)

clover5150.jpg

Edited by mauro26

41 minutes ago, mauro26 said:

back again after sometime, main Windows system restored from an image saved with Rescuezilla.

Ok, now I've made the C 5150 installation otions changes you suggested in the images.

Clover 5150 starts in EFI mode but without detecting/showing the MacOS volume from where it runs , only Windows/NTFS volumes recognized (in the picture: one Windows partition and the other three NTFS related to it)

clover5150.jpg

Clover didn't see HFS+ partitions if there is no driver VboxHFS.efi. As well it will not see APFS partitions if there is no apfs.efi.

See my list

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 22.09.37.png

ok, see.  But need instructions on next to do, as I don't understand myself how it is working then how fix it.

If VboxHFS.efi is related to Virtualbox (Vbox prefix seems that) , I'm not using a virtual machine, I'm booting the system installed in an USB.

Thank you

ok, found HFSplus.efi and ApfsDriverLoader.efi , already had VboxHFS.efi there. Path is not exactly same on the image but guess EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI applied to my case, at least best fitted as alternative.

Now I do not describe all the weirdness occurred after this change, admit too complicated to follow.  I must surrend to the fact that can't move from this system version (10.12.6), enough working after all but a bit outdated. The fact is that it is the only one affordable to install for my laptop, very few steps, everything ready to run, no pre-work for compatibility adaptation, really too good to believe. 

Thank you much meantime, hope to find a more recent system version same easy to install.

Edited by mauro26