Installing new macOS on unsupported hardware (OCLP patcher and others)

ruslan61
322 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@ruslan61Önceki yazımı daha fazla yorumla  güncelledim . Size yardımcı olup olmadığından emin değilim.

• You have Booter > Patches Reroute HW_BID to OC_BID and Skip Board ID check both enabled.  OCLP 0.6.1 uses only Skip Board ID check for my hack (I think OCLP switched to Skip Board ID check and discontinued HW_BID with version 0.5.2, but not certain).  Are you sure you should have both patches enabled?
  • how can i fix this process?

@ruslan61 You can either disable or delete the "Reroute HW_BID to OC_BID" patch in your config.plist.  Do you know how to do this?

Also, the last officially supported version of macOS for Ivy Bridge is Monterey.  Have you ever had Monterey running successfully on your PC?

Edited by deeveedee

@ruslan61 Sorry I asked a question that you had already answered.  I now see your earlier post where you mention that you upgraded to 12.6.3.

My approach may be different than yours and you have more experience with your PC than I do.  However, if I were hacking your PC, I would start by getting Monterey to run on your PC with the SMBIOS best suited to your PC (an Ivy Bridge SMBIOS like iMac13,x) and with just the iGPU (no dGPU).  This will require you to use the correct Ivy Bridge frame buffer (AAPL,ig-platform-id) as specified here.  Then, I would use OCLP 0.6.1 to generate the Open Core EFI for your chosen SMBIOS.  I would then incorporate the elements from the OCLP-generated EFI into your own EFI.  This is the approach that I used for my PC here.  In my case, I started by getting Open Core to boot High Sierra, because High Sierra was the last version of macOS that was officially supported on my chosen SMBIOS (MacBookPro6,2).

Edited by deeveedee

@MICKHAEL I think CLOVER should be possible - you just need to be able to translate the OpenCore EFI generated by OCLP to CLOVER config.plist.  The steps that I used for my hack are as follows:

1. Create boot loader EFI for last known officially supported version of macOS for your hack (in my case, High Sierra was the last officially supported macOS for my HackBookPro6,2).  I created both CLOVER (here) and OpenCore (here) solutions for High Sierra.
  2. Use OCLP to generate an Open Core EFI for your chosen SMBIOS MacModel.   In my case, I used OCLP to generate an EFI for MacBookPro6,2.
  3. Copy necessary elements from the OCLP-generated EFI (from Step 2) to your own EFI (from Step 1) to create a new "Hybrid" EFI.
  4. Use the "Hybrid" EFI to boot your new version of MacOS installer.
  5. After you install the new MacOS, use OCLP to apply post-install patches.  I think that these post-install patches should work with both OC and CLOVER EFIs.

If you can successfully copy the elements from the OCLP-generated OC EFI to your Clover EFI, it should work.

EDIT: A couple of things that will make it easier to install macOS on your unsupported hack:

1. When you create your initial boot loader EFI, use the SMBIOS MacModel that most closely approximates a real Mac.  Do not "Spoof" a newer SMBIOS MacModel.  
  2. Thoroughly test your initial EFI to make sure it can be used to install the latest macOS version that runs "natively" on your hack (the latest officially support version for your chosen SMBIOS MacModel).
  3. Do not install any kexts in /Library/Extensions.  ALL kexts should be loaded by boot loader.

EDIT2: For a number of reasons, you may find it easier to perform an upgrade of MacOS than a clean install.  For example, when I was first hacking my Dell Latitude E6410, I found that it was easier for me to first install High Sierra (the last officially supported version of MacOS for the MacBookPro6,2, my chosen SMBIOS MacModel) and then to use my new "Hybrid" EFI to upgrade to Big Sur.  I then used the "Hybrid" EFI to upgrade to Monterey and then again to Ventura.  As I was refining my "Hybrid" EFI (and adapting to the changes in new releases of OCLP), my EFI wasn't yet perfected, so the OS upgrade was easier than a clean install.  Your experience may be different, since I was contending with bugs / issues that had not yet been fixed in earlier versions of OCLP.  Version 0.6.1 seems to be very solid and near-perfect.

EDIT3: Some of the problems that I experienced with my initial Dell Latitude E6410 hacking attempts were caused by my chosen SSD.  I didn't realize at the time (and later made a lucky guess) but SSDs that worked with High Sierra did not work for Big Sur and later.  I needed to experiment with different SSDs to find ones that worked for me.  I'm sure this depends a lot on your PC and that my SSD issues were in some ways unique to the Dell Latitude E6410. See my SSD findings for my Dell Latitude E6410 here.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Thanks. I'm using clover many years. right after chameleon era) and wanted to test oclp, thats why im asking. I will make a quick conversion to oc to check for that.
good day. thanks

@MICKHAEL Good luck!  I have found this new OCLP hacking experience to be the most challenging and rewarding hacking that I have ever done.  The process tested my knowledge and forced me to learn many concepts that I did not know (but thought I did).  After hacking my rig to run Ventura, it makes my earlier hacking efforts seem trivial and elementary.  Enjoy the journey!

• Like 1

I just installed 13.2 with open core 0.8.9. I couldn't pacth with hd4000 and amd rx 560 oclp 6.2.

I downloaded and installed KDK manually.oclp 6.2 won't install because I can't show the KDK.

is there any solution?

Thanks..

On 1/27/2023 at 9:43 PM, ruslan61 said:

hello friends

I made a fresh install with 13.2 opencore 0.8.9 from usb.

I patched it with oclp 6.1..

i get unsupported cpu error. efi this

please help .thanks...

image.thumb.jpeg.19b788a5dae623979133fdd006b47a09.jpeg

EFI.zip 2.86 MB · 4 downloads

Try this:

EFI.zip

If it works and after the installation (upgrade), for more security, you can delete boot-args amfi=0x80. Also fill the ROM in Platforminfo with the MAC from your en0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29.01.2023 tarihinde 23:41'de Stefanalmare şunları söyledi:

Bunu dene:

EFI.zip 4.7 MB  ·  8 indirme

Çalışırsa ve kurulumdan (yükseltme) sonra, daha fazla güvenlik için boot-args amfi=0x80'i silebilirsiniz. Ayrıca Platforminfo'daki ROM'u en0'ınızdaki MAC ile doldurun.

sevgili arkadaşım

iyi iş çıkardın

teşekkür ederim@stefanalmare

Edited by ruslan61

When amfi is fully or partially disabled, dialogs for application accessibility permissions may be suppressed.  For example, after disabling amfi using boot-arg amfi=0x80, when you run an app that requires Camera access, your app will be denied Camera access, because the Camera permission dialog never appears for you to approve Camera access.

Here is a solution that worked for me.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:20 AM, MICKHAEL said:

Thanks. I'm using clover many years. right after chameleon era) and wanted to test oclp, thats why im asking. I will make a quick conversion to oc to check for that.
good day. thanks

As a general rule, the changes that OCLP makes to NVRAM in OC need to be converted to boot args for Clover.

I used OCLP 0.6.1 to patch my Haswell computer that I am running as a Mac mini.  Now, whenever I boot up, I am getting this message and would like to know what is causing it.  Any suggestions for what I can do to make it stop.  BTW, my EFI is set up for both Clover and OC and I use the boot selector that comes bundled with Clover to choose my boot loader.  Typically, I use OC to boot and am using the most current version of both Clover and OC. I do not know what OCLP wants to change in my OC EFI.  It is working fine now so I am reluctant to allow OCLP to make changes.  What change does OCLP want to make?

IMG_6699.thumb.jpg.c762abb767edb4c7377d61face9a3585.jpg

Edited by mnfesq

29 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I used OCLP 0.6.1 to patch my Haswell computer that I am running as a Mac mini.  Now, whenever I boot up, I am getting this message and would like to know what is causing it.  Any suggestions for what I can do to make it stop.

Have you tried Resetting NVRAM?

EDIT: If not that, could it be the OCLP-Version NVRAM entry in your OC config.plist?  I don't remember whether I tried running without changing this, since I've changed the OCLP-Version entry when I started using OCLP 0.6.1.

173157838_Screenshot2023-01-31at1_39_43PM.png.0cc27a1ec8b508a0d404704929784b19.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 1:20 AM, MICKHAEL said:

Thanks. I'm using clover many years. right after chameleon era) and wanted to test oclp

The Good Old Days 

• Like 2

Hey guys! I'm playing now with an P5Q, Q9300, GTX 780 Ti. All OK, but it can't go to sleep. Actually sleeps, but fans continue to spin. No wake up from keyboard, mouse or button. Only after reset, reboot I can have light on screen. Ideas?

Spoiler

1.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

@Stefanalmare  It's been a Looooong time since I played with a board like that.  If I remember correctly, my MB had a jumper that changed the standby mode of the USB ports.  In one jumper position, the USB ports provided 5V for USB charging when in standby mode S3.  In the other position, the ports did not provide 5V for USB charging when in standby mode S3.  Only one of the jumper positions allowed my hack to sleep/wake properly, but I don't remember which jumper position.   Does the P5Q have such a jumper for USB S3 mode?  Does that help you?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

Can anyone clarify whether OCLP is used to create USB installer of current macOS's like Monterey, Ventura etc in unsupported Real Macs or in Hackintoshes with hardware(like Nvidia Graphics for example) not supported  by the recent macOS's (like Monterey and Ventura ).

@cmn699 OCLP is designed for real Macs.  Some of us are using OCLP for hackintoshes, but that is not the intent of the OCLP developers.  In fact, the OCLP developers do not support the use of OCLP on hackintoshes.  A good forum for learning about OCLP and real Macs is MacRumors.  See here for example.

6 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@cmn699 OCLP is designed for real Macs.  Some of us are using OCLP for hackintoshes, but that is not the intent of the OCLP developers.  In fact, the OCLP developers do not support the use of OCLP on hackintoshes.  A good forum for learning about OCLP and real Macs is MacRumors.  See here for example.

Thank you very much for your prompt response making it clear about the use of OCLP in Hackintosh and its original indication.I have resurrected a Macbook pro 13" of 2010 and another MacBook Pro Retina 15" of 2012 with OCLP to the most current macOS Ventura 13.2 released recently, progressively from macOSCatalina through Monterey versions. When I tried to create a macOSMonterey USB installer in my Hackintosh Catalina 10.15.7with  Clover V5151 on my GA-Z390 Gaming Xsystem  (listed below in my signature) but with a changed Intel CPU of i5 8400 with integrated Intel UHD 630 with or without Nvidia GeF GT 710 2Gb in PCIE Slot 1, I am not getting the options to "Build and Install OpenCore" (and also Post Install Root Patch)in OCLP; they are missing while avaialbwele in true Macs . Can you point out what I am doing wrong based on your experience using it in your Hackintosh with "Unsupported hardware".

17 minutes ago, cmn699 said:

Can you point out what I am doing wrong based on your experience using it in your Hackintosh with "Unsupported hardware".

I haven't used OCLP to patch just the Nvidia graphics on "modern" hardware, but I'm guessing that your SMBIOS MacModel is one that does not need OCLP patcher.  Have you tried opening OCLP settings and changing the MacModel?  Your Z390 does not need OCLP, so if your GT 710 is a Mac-compatible card, you should only need to apply post-install patches for your Nvidia graphics.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I haven't used OCLP to patch just the Nvidia graphics on "modern" hardware, but I'm guessing that your SMBIOS MacModel is one that does not need OCLP patcher.  Have you tried opening OCLP settings and changing the MacModel?  Your Z390 does not need OCLP, so if your GT 710 is a Mac-compatible card, you should only need to apply post-install patches for your Nvidia graphics.

My SMBIOS of currently running Catalina 10.15.7 on Clover boot loader with Graphics Nvidia GeF GT 710 is iMac 19.1 . Please note attached images showing the current hardware on my working Catalina with Clover, EFI Clover , config.plist Boot Args,  and the OCLP screen shot after it is launched with a newly created Monterey USB installer Flash drive WITHOUT CLOVER in USB-2 port. I will appreciate your suggestions to upgrade it to Monterey >Ventura. Direct upgrade without any change does not boot even with current kexts. 

1.Catalina 1015.7.jpg

2.Hardware and macModel.jpg

3.Graphics and Dispaly.jpg

4.OCLP. v0.6.1.jpg

5.CLOVER EFI .png

6.conmfig_BootArgs.jpg

@cmn699 Your SMBIOS MacModel is iMac19,1.  This MacModel already runs Ventura without any patching.  This is why OCLP doesn't provide you with a patching option.

As I said, I don't have experience with applying OCLP post-install patches to a "modern" rig.  Trying opening OCLP settings and changing the model to MacPro5,1.

EDIT: How experienced are you with hackintoshes?

@cmn699 You first need to get Ventura running on your rig.  This is not the thread to discuss that.  Do you have another thread for your rig? Again, getting Ventura to run on your iMac19,1 is not the intent of this thread.  Best to discuss and resolve that in another more appropriate thread.

@cmn699 I just did a quick search and found this.  If you don't want to start your own thread, I think Google is your friend.

Edited by deeveedee