[Guide] Dell Latitude E6410 (Nvidia) Hackintosh: Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma & Sequoia installations with Open Core Legacy Patching

deeveedee

302 posts in this topic

OCLP Devs have produced working non-metal post-install patches for Sequoia in OCLP 2.0.0 (Beta at the time of this writing).  I am now booting Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma and Sequoia on this HackBookPro6,2 (now just for a fun hobby and bragging rights since I don't trust OCLP-patched hacks and Macs for any production use).  My uses for OCLP are my preference.  If you are certain that you have use cases that can't be compromised by a broken APFS seal, disabled SIP and disabled SecureBootModel (or you just don't care), keep using your OCLP patched hack / Mac.

I am multibooting multiple versions of macOS with a single Open Core 1.0.1 EFI and am applying OCLP post-install patches to each version of macOS as follows:

• Big Sur: OCLP 0.6.8
  • Monterey: OCLP 0.6.8
  • Ventura: OCLP 0.6.8
  • Sonoma: OCLP 1.4.3
  • Sequoia: OCLP 2.0.0

I don't upgrade OCLP post-install patches for the sake of upgrading, so this strategy (patching each macOS version with its own fully tested OCLP version) works well for me.  Others may find it more convenient to patch all versions of macOS with the same version of OCLP.  There is no technical reason to keep all OCLP post-install patch versions the same - it's just a personal preference.  

I don't expect this old hack to be supported in macOS 16, but I do hope I'm wrong.  This has been a fun journey, which started when, in 2019, someone over at LatitudeOSX told me that "If no one has found a solution for the Dell Latitude E6410 by now, no one is going to find one" (referring to the fact that no one had ever gotten sleep/wake to work properly with the Dell Latitude E6410).  I hope they know how much I appreciated their encouragement ;)

There's nothing that motivates me more than being told that it can't be done.  I'm glad the OCLP Devs are motivated to do what others said couldn't be done.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upgrade from Ventura 13.6 -> 13.7 proceeded without issues via OTA.  Still applying Ventura Nvidia Tesla post-install patches with OCLP 0.6.8.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-18at10_16_22AM.png.ffcff43c5d1281f0a45999400ac49d48.png

EDIT: ... and Sonoma 14.6 -> 14.7.  Still applying Sonoma post-install patches with OCLP 1.4.3.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-09-18at11_56_16AM.png.286554c40ecf8a2e77eebe05522a399f.png

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1