• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Extreme™ said:

In my case:

A- Memory issue with MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS:

- In beta 4 fixed with RestrictEvents

- in beta 5 RestrictEvents does not solve: the "i" remains

B- Eject EFI system partition:

not solved, better use the tool by @chris1111

How does the information look like when you press the "i" on your computer? On my it looks great with all the information being correct, so I think it can remain?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Common_Sense said:

How does the information look like when you press the "i" on your computer? On my it looks great with all the information being correct, so I think it can remain?

If I press "i", as you can see from the screen, the information is completely wrong

5EE00120-3318-4014-928D-5A52BD7694F2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Extreme™ said:

If I press "i", as you can see from the screen, the information is completely wrong

5EE00120-3318-4014-928D-5A52BD7694F2.jpeg

Yes that looks like a lot of memory, are you using Open Core or Clover? Clover does detect and correctly fill in memory information in SMBIOS automatically. I don't know about Open Core, I have not been using it much.

image.png.5000237969b03f900d1558a903336ad4.png

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

Yes that looks like a lot of memory, are you using Open Core or Clover? Clover does detect and correctly fill in memory information in SMBIOS automatically. I don't know about Open Core, I have not been using it much.

image.png.5000237969b03f900d1558a903336ad4.png

Opencore 084 Dev. Also tried OC 083 but same result. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Extreme™ said:

Opencore 084 Dev. Also tried OC 083 but same result. 

I also use 0.8.4. and it marks my memory well 

1526577507_Capturadepantalla2022-08-09alas22_47_01.png.04f4c028b1d0dae31f8f8d484e23efe0.png

It even detects the exact frequency at which I have them in bios 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@PoMpIs

This is with RestrictEvents, right? The warning is okay. 

That doesn't seem like a warning, it's just information... I like it😄

It's the same as this in monterey

1987623967_CapturadePantalla2022-08-09alas23_02_38.png.baaf035a0d0b1b70f3fbf022e668d66c.png

PS: Yes of course it is RestrictedEvents, latest version:

https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=RestrictEvents&viewall=true

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Common_Sense said:

Clover has automatic RAM detection, SPD reading.

OpenCore assumes you will write all you want into config.plist.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On macOS Ventura Beta 4 and B5, the processor fan works at full power and its power does not decrease at all, so that the case is quite hot above the processor. I don't know what could be wrong.
It works the same for me on a clean install or upgrade from Monterey to Ventura.

In macOS Monterey, however, everything works normally.

Maybe this is happening to someone else?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, luky35 said:

On macOS Ventura Beta 4 and B5, the processor fan works at full power and its power does not decrease at all, so that the case is quite hot above the processor. I don't know what could be wrong.
It works the same for me on a clean install or upgrade from Monterey to Ventura.

In macOS Monterey, however, everything works normally.

Maybe this is happening to someone else?

This is a known problem. I had it in beta 4 and now also in beta 5. When it occurs, Ventura doesn't go to slep. Until it's fixed once and for all you'll have to live with it. Thanks to @PoMpIs, you can manually fix it whenever it comes up by typing this command in the terminal:

sudo pmset schedule cancelall

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Extreme™ said:

This is a known problem. I had it in beta 4 and now also in beta 5. When it occurs, Ventura doesn't go to slep. Until it's fixed once and for all you'll have to live with it. Thanks to @PoMpIs, you can manually fix it whenever it comes up by typing this command in the terminal:

Thank you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Extreme™ said:

Thanks, worked for me as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

My contribution to the debate...

Memory info issue only occurs in MacPro7,1. iMac and iMacPro always show the memory ok without RestrictEvents. At least on Intel CPUs.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Memory info issue only occurs in MacPro7,1. iMac and iMacPro always show the memory ok without RestrictEvents. At least on Intel CPUs.

SMBIOS 7.1 creates too many problems for my taste. I've always used iMac Pro 1.1 and it was ok. Unlike others, I didn't switch to MacPro 7.1 for the sole reason of not using WEG: I consider this nonsense. Instead, it seems that iMac Pro 1.1 has little future now: so some argue.

Edited by Extreme™
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Extreme™ said:

SMBIOS 7.1 creates too many problems for my taste. I've always used iMac Pro 1.1 and it was ok. Unlike others, I didn't switch to MacPro 7.1 for the sole reason of not using WEG: I consider this nonsense. Instead, it seems that iMac Pro 1.1 has little future now: so some argue.

MacPro7,1 SMBIOS can work fine with a lot of systems but it has more tasks to do. Not only RestrictEvents for about Memory, also (in my case) it needs CPUFriend and CPUFriendDataProvider to have CPU frequencies ok. iMac and iMacPro don't need them. 

As I have Coffe Lake R CPU (9th. gen) with iGPU, SMBIOS that works better seems to be iMac19,1 with iGPU on headless mode.

About iMacPro1,1 future, wait, maybe is longer than you expect.

• Like 9

ok guys...someone is little confused...

RestrictedEvents.kext , for MacPro7,1 smbios WITH INTEL CPU (!! pay attention, ONLY on INTEL CPU !!), ONLY HIDE the memory "problem" (the problem is only on Ventura...'couse , maybe , is an early beta?!?!?!?...) .So, sorry but, is only a placebo.

Coffee Lake...preferred iMac19,1 only for cpu power management (OK, but the benefit's stop here)...

iMac19,1 with CL ...ok, say me , from Monterey, how can i use complete DRM with this smbios? (simply, it will not)

Quicksynch with igpu on headless...ok is usefull maybe 4/5 years ago with 2xx/3xx AMD series or with older and supported nVidia... but absolutely NOT with Navi card...

switch to MacPro7,1 only for not using WEG?...i didn't use it in iMac19,1 with RX580, i didn't use it on iMacPro1,1 with RX580 and i didn't use it on MacPro7,1 with RX6600XT (and in other rig with RX6900XT)

switch to MacPro7,1 with NAVI cards, make more sense than using iMac19,1, also with Coffee Lake. 

(encoding 300% faster than iMac19,1 with quicksynch and 150% faster than iMacPro1,1...all test make on same rig with professional software, not with {censored} like videoproc etc.)

MacPro7,1 smbios need more task to do...Well, true!

but i think "more task to do", for an "hackintosher" is not really hard to do...or no?

certainly if you want everything to work right away without committing yourself, buy a real Mac ... However, sometimes I wonder why people install beta versions of operating systems if they don't even know how to use a terminal ... maybe for say "woah! i've installed the latest one! and you don't!" ...

imho

Edited by D3v1L

24 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

ok guys...someone is little confused...

RestrictedEvents.kext , for MacPro7,1 smbios WITH INTEL CPU (!! pay attention, ONLY on INTEL CPU !!), ONLY HIDE the memory "problem" (the problem is only on Ventura...'couse , maybe , is an early beta?!?!?!?...) .So, sorry but, is only a placebo.

Coffee Lake...preferred iMac19,1 only for cpu power management (OK, but the benefit's stop here)...

iMac19,1 with CL ...ok, say me , from Monterey, how can i use complete DRM with this smbios? (simply, it will not)

Quicksynch with igpu on headless...ok is usefull maybe 4/5 years ago with 2xx/3xx AMD series or with older and supported nVidia... but absolutely NOT with Navi card...

switch to MacPro7,1 only for not using WEG?...i didn't use it in iMac19,1 with RX580, i didn't use it on iMacPro1,1 with RX580 and i didn't use it on MacPro7,1 with RX6600XT (and in other rig with RX6900XT)

switch to MacPro7,1 with NAVI cards, make more sense than using iMac19,1, also with Coffee Lake. 

(encoding 300% faster than iMac19,1 with quicksynch and 150% faster than iMacPro1,1...all test make on same rig with professional software, not with {censored} like videoproc etc.)

MacPro7,1 smbios need more task to do...Well, true!

but i think "more task to do", for an "hackintosher" is not really hard to do...or no?

certainly if you want everything to work right away without committing yourself, buy a real Mac ... However, sometimes I wonder why people install beta versions of operating systems if they don't even know how to use a terminal ... maybe for say "woah! i've installed the latest one! and you don't!" ...

imho

I don't understand if all the speech you made was aimed at me. Either way, we're not nearly as ignorant as you seem to be treating us in your message, and we're not stupid enough to use a beta - macOS Ventura - as the primary operating system.
For example, despite what you write, the screen shows that RestrictEvents, at least in my hardware, doesn't work well on my Monterey 12.5 

screenshot_01.png

P.S: If you want I can pass you one of my EFI that works also with Ventura Beta 5 where not only do I not use WEG, but not even AppleALC, Lilu, VirtualSMC, CpuTscSync.

Edited by Extreme™
  • Like 1

Seriously guys!!! - I/M seems to be evolving into anarchy (maybe too strong a word). Surely posting on an English Thread should be in English, there are other language sections for just that so why not do that and leave the Thread clutter free.:whistle:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2