[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

@fuzzylogic - As eSAF said, Beta 3 should normally be available.  I reinstalled Ventura and Beta 3 multiple times during testing and I had only one instance where Beta 3 wasn't showing for me. I was certain that I hadn't changed my config.  I grew impatient (maybe it would have become available eventually if I had waited) and I "coaxed" the update by re-installing macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg.  This is the same utility you ran originally to enroll in the Ventura Beta program.  

When you re-install the utility, ignore any errors about not finding the requested update and allow the installation to finish.  If you are prompted to download the macOS installer, click "NO."   You should then see your hack checking for updates.  I hope this helps.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, v-volodi said:

I upgrade and replace LCD display to full hd 1920 x 1080, and it works fine

Hello! Congrats and thanks for reporting on your success after replacing the 1600 x 900 panel to FHD. This further confirms my initial theory that KBL driver does not indeed support LVDS panels with native resolution of 1600 x 900 (HD+), at least on Ventura.

@PC IT There you have it! As advised the same, earlier on this thread here, the most straightforward and viable solution, at the moment, is to switch/upgrade your HD+ panel to FHD (1080p), if you wish to enjoy the flavors of Ventura on your Dell laptop, unfortunately. As stated earlier, finding a patch for this particular use-case is extremely challenging, code-wise, without immediate access to said hardware; the only other easier alternative being EDID patching which, again, is not exactly a practical approach since the overall scaling will end up being out of whack with degraded quality.

• Like 2

Hi guys, I am occasionally checking this thread to figure out whether skylake based desktops (6700k for my case) are made compatible (including integrated cpu hd530) thanks to spoofing them as kabylake. Does it have any shortcomings after spoofing, if so what, or does it work perfectly as if apple supported it natively? can anybody give concise answer?

I see some posts who announce their success but I am still not sure. If compatibility of skylake isn't achieved I might update my system, which is very unlikely nowadays for me though. 

thanks in advance.

ps: I am using monterey now flawlessly . 

Edited by aduket

1 hour ago, aduket said:

Hi guys, I am occasionally checking this thread to figure out whether skylake based desktops (6700k for my case) are made compatible (including integrated cpu hd530) thanks to spoofing them as kabylake. Does it have any shortcomings after spoofing, if so what, or does it work perfectly as if apple supported it natively? can anybody give concise answer?

I see some posts who announce their success but I am still not sure. If compatibility of skylake isn't achieved I might update my system, which is very unlikely nowadays for me though. 

thanks in advance.

Sorry, my Skylake desktop has discrete graphics RX570. 

But I always had problems with HD530 (since High Sierra?). AFAIK it can't sleep-wake and sometimes randomly fall into the darkness. I prefer bugless discrete graphics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aduket said:

thanks in advance.

You need to use HDMI, DVI will not work if you are using it. Will send you my EFI when i get home.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky12 said:

iPadOS on Dell Optiplex 7050 MT 

8 GB ram 

Intel HD 530 

OpenCore 0.8.3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 

no graphics acceleration very un unstable

Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 14.27.34.png

@Rocky12 Dell Optiplex 7050 MT (i5 6500T) 1xHDMI | 1xDP , Intel HD Graphics 530 Works with Monterey? I have a Problem with Display Connecter Patching , Have you last EFI for Previous mac OS Like - Catalina - Big Sur - Monterey ? if yes than can you please share your config.plist ?? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rocky12 said:

no graphics acceleration very un unstable

You can get the iGPU to work tho, there are literally tons of posts in this topic to guide you through it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aduket said:

thanks in advance.

ps: I am using monterey now flawlessly . 

Try this.

EFI.zip

• Like 2

Ventura Beta 4 update to my HackMini 8,1 proceeded without issues using the same EFI that I used for Ventura Beta 3 (OC 0.8.3 Beta, Lilu 1.6.2 Beta).  Update was smooth with what I believe were four reboots.  This update include an XCode Beta update.

About This Mac: Ventura Beta 4

Spoiler

323105686_Screenshot2022-07-27at2_32_36PM.png.7ffaab44e8a57f7a8e56cf20f9eb08db.png

I did notice that after applying the update, Apple did provide a reminder about its Beta data collection policy.  I don't remember seeing this for previous Beta releases, but that's probably just failing memory with old age.  Following acknowledgement of the data collection policy, I disabled "Share Mac Analytics" in my System Preferences.

Beta Analytics & Privacy Policy

Spoiler

thumbnail_IMG_2023.jpg.5cd6afe61b703ee8b838d92439459591.jpg

Thank you again, Developers, for your awesome work on Open Core!

@antuneddu and @miliuco - I have trained my cat to check for updates.

Spoiler

cat-check-updates.jpg.1a5114867c3cd1a04a0aaaf6ec0bf7eb.jpg

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Slice said:

745Mb? What is your SMBIOS model?

Hi Slice, 

I cannot see the update with MacPro7,1 smbios because there seems to be an issue with Clover and HWTarget not being set properly. I have the latest version of Clover with HWTarget tag set correctly in config.plist. When I check with sysctl I cannot see it being set properly. Can I do something with the config.plist to fix the issue, or is it a bug in Clover?

EDIT: There seems to be another update with XCode command line tools that is 745mb if I am not remembering wrong, these updates usually appears at the same time as a new Developer Beta of macOS. It is probably these updates that is visible in the above case, and not the macOS update.

Edited by Common_Sense
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

Hi Slice, 

I cannot see the update with MacPro7,1 smbios because there seems to be an issue with Clover and HWTarget not being set properly. I have the latest version of Clover with HWTarget tag set correctly in config.plist. When I check with sysctl I cannot see it being set properly. Can I do something with the config.plist to fix the issue, or is it a bug in Clover?

EDIT: There seems to be another update with XCode command line tools that is 745mb if I am not remembering wrong, these updates usually appears at the same time as a new Developer Beta of macOS. It is probably these updates that is visible in the above case, and not the macOS update.

Yes, there is a bug. To get the update you may set iMac18,1 model which is not required HWTarget.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Slice said:

745Mb? What is your SMBIOS model?

MacPro7,1 smbiios...

Same with real MacPro 745mb

image.thumb.png.a196e401b9319b192989e8b046c2e12a.png

Edited by D3v1L