[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed there hard drive filling up on Ventura? In particular the cache folder located in your home directory-> Library. I have 100GB partitioned for it and it’s consistently filling up. 

On 6/30/2022 at 11:11 PM, chris1111 said:

HP Elitebook 840 G4 everithings work well

Dont worry be Happy :hysterical:

383766344_ScreenshotWIFI.thumb.png.726c737517ac1219696a16622a5c2a4b.png

To make batterie working you need to setup config like that

618907816_ScreenShot2022-06-30at4_26_42PM.png.6076f2f739b2d567fe297fac973e77a6.png

Hi   chris1111 

Can you share your efi folder with us :)

Edited by aufuk1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Shaneee

It happens to me also. I think there is a system setting that prevents Private Relay to turn on. But I don't know what is causing this.

I don't know if this has any effect or prevention of non working of Private Relay but I just check that setting on my machine and also found I could not activate it. What I did was insure it was activated on my iPhone and then got it to activate on the machine

I don't know know why that should be, what would be the outcome if I didn't own or use an iPhone??!! Anyway it is now working I think as it is reported still in Beta stage.

Edit: Ok Ive done some more digging and found despite my initial statement, it is not available on my machine as shown by the added attachments. :(

Spoiler

1981476485_Screenshot2022-07-19at22_20_30.png.4eb3aa634dc871a99f1d3db372aaa30f.png

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 22.33.10.png

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 22.33.40.png

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 22.33.10.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 5

@Shaneee @miliuco  It works for me..... But it is not something that I do not care that I will not use

866695538_Capturadepantalla2022-07-19alas23_25_42.thumb.png.bb16f12a93b65c36dbf980440201fa6c.png

I already take care of blocking content with a PC converted into a NAS ( UNRAID), with PiHole, and Nextcloud as my personal cloud

139309158_Capturadepantalla2022-07-19alas23_35_59.thumb.png.aef7b87b789dcd3c830f8a6fccddc986.png

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 4

On 7/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, iCanaro said:

OC configuration pdf

image.thumb.png.f2f933afe002dd865d8d139fd218539c.png

Sorry I not agree.

EnableSafeModeSlide cause Mojave to panic. I had to disable this quirk and both system now works.

ProtectMemoryRegions is safe quirk needed for those who uses CSM.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irish_Man said:

@Shaneee you using VPN or some kind of ad block?

I don’t have VPN or adblock. SIP and gatekeeper enabled. Even checked /etc/pf.conf file to see if there is a strange line that don't match the default macOS ones (read somewhere as related with Private Relay error). 
Same error as @Shaneee and @eSaF

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I don’t have VPN or adblock. SIP and gatekeeper enabled. Even checked /etc/pf.conf file to see if there is a strange line that don't match the default macOS ones (read somewhere as related with Private Relay error). 
Same error as @Shaneee and @eSaF

Yea I also went through those checks, still a no go for enabling Private Relay. :(

• Like 3

On 7/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, aufuk1 said:

Hi, how can i fix this error

Error: appleintellpssi2ccontroller ftimerservicematching timed out

My screen is not touchscreen. I don't know how to remove everything related to VoodooI2C :(

HP 840 G4, i7 7600U, HD Graphics 620, 16 gb ram

@aufuk1 Did this error occur with previous versions of macOS (before Ventura)?  You're posting in a Ventura pre-release thread, so I'm just checking.  If this error is not unique to Ventura and you do experience this error in mature releases of macOS (e.g. Big Sur, Monterey), it's best to resolve issues like this with a stable macOS release (just my opinion) and not in a Beta version of macOS.

In your OC config.plist,  you enable the kexts listed below.  How did you determine that your rig needs all of these kexts?

• Item 5: VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 6: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 7: VoodooRMI.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 14: VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 15: VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext
  • Item 16: VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooI2CServices.kext
  • Item 17: VoodooI2C.kext
  • Item 18: VoodooI2CHID.kext
  • Item 19: VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • Item 20: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
  • Item 21: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
  • Item 22: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
  • Item 23: VoodooSMBus.kext
  • Item 24: VoodooRMI.kext
  • Item 25: VoodooRMI.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RMISMBus.kext

EDIT: In my HP laptop (a different model), I inject only VoodooPS2Controller kexts (no RMI or I2C kexts or SMBUs kexts).  I also block Apple's I2C kexts with the following:

Block Apple I2C kexts

Spoiler

1702516309_ScreenShot2022-07-20at7_20_44AM.png.265c486f4ccc22771f24acdf93f26394.png

EDIT2: I forgot to mention that while I was reviewing your config.plist, I noticed that you enable ECEnabler.kext and you inject Device EC with your SSDT-EC-USBX.aml SSDT.  I don't use ECEnabler.kext so I'm not sure, but is this the correct use of ECEnabler.kext?   After reading about ECEnabler.kext, I see that your use of the kext and SSDT are perfectly acceptable (if they are necessary).

You will want to resolve this in a different thread (not in the Ventura pre-release thread).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

Guest ricoc90
2 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

How did you determine that your rig needs all of these kexts?

They're collectables! Gotta collect them all! 

In all seriousness, 
@aufuk1 Determine if your trackpad is SMBus or l2c, then keep its respective kexts and get rid of the others. See https://github.com/VoodooSMBus/VoodooRMI#compatibility

Anyway this isn't really the place for it, so you might want to open your own thread for it since it's not Ventura related

7 hours ago, Slice said:

Sorry I not agree.

EnableSafeModeSlide cause Mojave to panic. I had to disable this quirk and both system now works.

ProtectMemoryRegions is safe quirk needed for those who uses CSM.

I agree with you, if your system works with a different setting from mine, I have no objection. With EnableSafeModeSlide enabled my mojave on Z370 starts and runs smoothly.

I checked, my BIOS is set for UEFI boot, so CSM is disabled, consequently ProtectMemoryRegions is set to No as well

:)

• Like 1

@miliuco @eSaF  ....  But this limit IP tracking is activated by default? ... I do a clean installation and I have this on ethernet:

image.png.beb084912876f725d82d8f4c55e10f8a.png

and in the Lenovo 520s the same... it limits the tracking by default ¿?¿?

I had no idea about that option. 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Hervé said:

This new option is indeed activated by default, whether it be the LAN or the Wireless interface... so? No relation to Private Relay if that's what you had in mind. Has no influence on the iCloud service whether enabled or not.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212614

ah!! ok... i'm not interested in having any of that active 

I prefer to restrict the data that I share with Apple and others, yet somehow during the Ventura Beta install and upgrade process, I had inadvertently enabled "Share Mac Analytics" and was fortunate to stumble upon this as I was checking my settings.   I believe that this setting changed when I applied Ventura Beta 3 Update (22A5295i) after installing the initial Ventura Beta 3.  If this is something that concerns you, you may want to check your own Privacy settings in Ventura Beta.

Privacy & Security: Analytics & Improvements

Spoiler

1622358328_Screenshot2022-07-20at11_49_37AM.png.0c32e53bbfdc98d09485c015e0776527.png

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

I believe sharing Mac analytics is enabled per default on Developer Beta's. 

According to the License Agreement (haha who ever reads those?!):

8. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.
8.1 Pre-Release Software for Apple’s Operating Systems (e.g., versions of iOS, watchOS, iPadOS,
tvOS, and macOS). In order to provide, test and help Apple, its partners, and third party developers
improve their products and services, and unless you opt out in the pre-release versions of Apple's
operating system, as applicable, you acknowledge that Apple and its subsidiaries and agents will be
collecting, using, storing, transmitting, processing and analyzing (collectively, “Collecting”) diagnostic,
technical, and usage logs and information from your devices or computers that are running such prerelease versions of Apple’s operating system software as part of this Beta Program. This information will
be Collected in a form that does not personally identify you and may be Collected from your devices or
computer at any time. The information that would be Collected includes, but is not limited to, general
diagnostic and usage data, various unique device identifiers, various unique system or hardware
identifiers, details about hardware and operating system specifications, performance statistics, and data
about how you use your devices, computer, system and application software, and peripherals, and, if
Location Services is enabled, certain location information. You agree that Apple may share such
diagnostic, technical, and usage logs and information with partners and third party developers for
purposes of allowing them to improve their products and services that operate on or in connection with
Apple-branded products. By installing or using pre-release versions of Apple’s operating system
software on your devices or computers, you acknowledge and agree that Apple and its
subsidiaries and agents have your permission to Collect all such information and use it as set
forth above.

6 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@aufuk1 Did this error occur with previous versions of macOS (before Ventura)?  You're posting in a Ventura pre-release thread, so I'm just checking.  If this error is not unique to Ventura and you do experience this error in mature releases of macOS (e.g. Big Sur, Monterey), it's best to resolve issues like this with a stable macOS release (just my opinion) and not in a Beta version of macOS.

In your OC config.plist,  you enable the kexts listed below.  How did you determine that your rig needs all of these kexts?

• Item 5: VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 6: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 7: VoodooRMI.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 14: VoodooInput.kext
  • Item 15: VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext
  • Item 16: VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooI2CServices.kext
  • Item 17: VoodooI2C.kext
  • Item 18: VoodooI2CHID.kext
  • Item 19: VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • Item 20: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
  • Item 21: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
  • Item 22: VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
  • Item 23: VoodooSMBus.kext
  • Item 24: VoodooRMI.kext
  • Item 25: VoodooRMI.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RMISMBus.kext

EDIT: In my HP laptop (a different model), I inject only VoodooPS2Controller kexts (no RMI or I2C kexts or SMBUs kexts).  I also block Apple's I2C kexts with the following:

Block Apple I2C kexts

Reveal hidden contents

1702516309_ScreenShot2022-07-20at7_20_44AM.png.265c486f4ccc22771f24acdf93f26394.png

EDIT2: I forgot to mention that while I was reviewing your config.plist, I noticed that you enable ECEnabler.kext and you inject Device EC with your SSDT-EC-USBX.aml SSDT.  I don't use ECEnabler.kext so I'm not sure, but is this the correct use of ECEnabler.kext?   After reading about ECEnabler.kext, I see that your use of the kext and SSDT are perfectly acceptable (if they are necessary).

You will want to resolve this in a different thread (not in the Ventura pre-release thread).

Hi,

No problem on Monterey. It gives this error on Ventura installation. Actually my screen is not touchscreen. I got the efi folder from this address.

I removed VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext. I did the other operation but it still didn't work.

image.thumb.png.a43d976c21c29810bf66c30a80feca56.png

https://github.com/XXCoreRangerX/Hackintosh-HP-EliteBook-840-G4

Edited by aufuk1

6 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

They're collectables! Gotta collect them all! 

In all seriousness, 
@aufuk1 Determine if your trackpad is SMBus or l2c, then keep its respective kexts and get rid of the others. See https://github.com/VoodooSMBus/VoodooRMI#compatibility

Anyway this isn't really the place for it, so you might want to open your own thread for it since it's not Ventura related