[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90

In order for Ethernet to work (RTL8125B, using LucyRTL1825Ethernet.kext) I have to set it to 100baseTX full duplex. However, there appears to be a bug in the Advanced Network settings - Changes won't be saved so I added the settings manually instead by adding them directly to the preferences.plist under /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

<key>Interface</key>
	<dict>
		<key>en0</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DisablePrivateRelay</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>Ethernet</key>
			<dict>
				<key>MTU</key>
				<integer>1500</integer>
				<key>MediaOptions</key>
				<array>
					<string>full-duplex</string>
				</array>
				<key>MediaSubType</key>
				<string>100baseTX</string>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Ethernet is now working and, fun fact - any changes that I do make in the Advanced network settings actually DO get saved now.

Guest 5T33Z0
14 hours ago, Joshua60 said:

Thank you @5T33Z0 for your answer, I appreciated.

To build config.plist and EFI (Comet Lake) I use this guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/. It is for OC 0.7.8 and as far as I know never been updated.

Now I activated dk.e1000=0 and e1000=0. Ventura boots fine but has no Internet connection.

Monterey has Internet connection.

The guide does not mention this arguments. Maybe there is a third bootarg for Ventura? 

Thank you for your support.

This case is not covered by OpenCore Install Guide. https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/01_Adding_missing_Devices_and_enabling_Features/Intel_I225-V_Fix_(SSDT-I225V)

12 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Booter --> Quirks --> EnableWriteUnprotector --> Yes

with previous versions it was not needed, with Ventura instead it must be enabled

In my Z370 hackintosh this Quirk can be disabled at Ventura with OC 0.8.3

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 10.47.29 AM.png

Edited by jsl2000

4 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

In my Z370 hackintosh this Quirk can be disabled at Ventura with OC 0.8.3

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 10.47.29 AM.png

with your configuration my Z370 hack at ventura boot immediately goes into kernel panic.

I currently use this setting

image.thumb.png.7c25b6183c155a858377be9fb0b95a78.png

if you attach me your complete config without your serial, I try to make a complete comparison to try to see if some other setting affects

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

with your configuration my Z370 hack at ventura boot immediately goes into kernel panic.

I currently use this setting

image.thumb.png.7c25b6183c155a858377be9fb0b95a78.png

if you attach me your complete config without your serial, I try to make a complete comparison to try to see if some other setting affects

My config.plist was attached here.

config.plist

1 hour ago, Joshua60 said:

@jsl2000 I can't find IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.8 or latest.

Thank you so much for your help.

For your I225-V at Ventura you need Applelntell210Ethernet.kext (from Monterey) instead of IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.8.

You can google IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.8 and got it there.

https://github.com/acidanthera/IntelMausi

The newest version is v.2.5 instead of 1.0.8

You can check this post:

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@jsl2000 I'm confused, your link points to IntelMausiEthernet 1.0.7.

Internet with Ventura was working fine with OC 0.8.2 (#dk.e1000=0 and #e1000=0) no additional kext.

The problem arise in OC 0.8.3. Now Monterey and BS work with dk.e1000=0 and e1000=0.

Ventura doesn't.

Edited by Joshua60
  • Sad 1

Guest 5T33Z0
Today I wanted to reset kernel cache in Ventura.

So I entered the usual sudo kextcache -i /

In return, I get this:

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root / --check-rebuild
Unknown option '--check-rebuild'

Did the command change?

Guest ricoc90
52 minutes ago, Joshua60 said:

Internet with Ventura was working fine with OC 0.8.2 (#dk.e1000=0 and #e1000=0) no additional kext.

The problem arise in OC 0.8.3. Now Monterey and BS work with dk.e1000=0 and e1000=0.

I might have missed it, but what NIC are you trying to get working?

47 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

In return, I get this:

Did the command change?

The command is for 10.x systems to update prelinkedkernel. Since BigSur we have KernelCollection instead of prelinkedkernel.

DEPRECATED
     The kextcache utility has been deprecated. It should no longer be
     necessary to use.  See kmutil(8)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@Slice Does this mean that if needed, we can install kexts in /L/E and repair owner/permissions or delete kexts from /L/E without needing to rebuild kextcache?

Edited by deeveedee

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

In return, I get this:

Did the command change?

This might help?

kmutil unload -p /path/kextname.kext unloads the kernel extension specified by /path/kextname.kext. This terminates and unloads it, but may not remove the original kernel extension or a staged copy. Unless you also remove the kernel extension and remove it from its collection, it could load again at the next boot.

kmutil clear-staging clears the contents of the staging directory /Library/StagedExtensions.

kmutil trigger-panic-medic, which is only available in recoveryOS, clears the AKC at /Library/KernelCollections and forces it to be rebuilt, which requires each kernel extension to be re-approved before it can be loaded.

kmutil inspect lists all currently installed kernel extensions according to their collection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest ricoc90
4 hours ago, Joshua60 said:

Now Monterey and BS work with dk.e1000=0 and e1000=0

I don't really feel like reading back the comments to figure out what your current progress on the matter is, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm repeating.
dk.e1000=0 is for Big Sur, e1000=0 is for Monterey, so it makes sense that the NIC works in Big Sur and Monterey.

In Ventura however AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext got removed and the NIC connects to the dext instead. As far as I've understand you can just inject AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext through OC and use e1000=0 to have your NIC connect to it.

Edit: Which is actually beautifully explained in much more detail by 5T33Z0 in their linked guide (section Stock Firmware Users): https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/blob/main/I225-V_FIX.md#option-1-using-a-ssdt-with-corrected-header-description

Edited by ricoc90

9 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

Was this a Clover or an OC install?   And where might this Ventura installer be found?

OC install. I have 3 ssd each for Monterey, Ventura and Windows 11. I boot from Monterey and run @chris1111 installer from there. The rest is history. The installer can be downloaded here - https://www.hackintosh-montreal.com/download?id=6849

Edited by bisdak4920

8 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@Slice Does this mean that if needed, we can install kexts in /L/E and repair owner/permissions or delete kexts from /L/E without needing to rebuild kextcache?

Without.

Moreover "repair permission" is not needed if you "install" kexts by terminal copy

sudo cp -R my.kext /Library/Extensions/

See a procedure how to install VoodooHDA in my signature.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@5T33Z0 thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware of your very good guide. Till now I haven't used it because Internet with Ventura were fine.

I guess because we have different motherboards. But now I have to take care of it.

Thank you so much for your support.

Guest 5T33Z0

@Joshua60 That's cool. Then your MoBo probably has a newer revison of the I225-V which can utilize the Dext version of the driver out the box without issues. Now you only need ti fix the 7 MB issue with your iGPU

16 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

I don't really feel like reading back the comments to figure out what your current progress on the matter is, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm repeating.
dk.e1000=0 is for Big Sur, e1000=0 is for Monterey, so it makes sense that the NIC works in Big Sur and Monterey.

In Ventura however AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext got removed and the NIC connects to the dext instead. As far as I've understand you can just inject AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext through OC and use e1000=0 to have your NIC connect to it.

Edit: Which is actually beautifully explained in much more detail by 5T33Z0 in their linked guide (section Stock Firmware Users): https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/blob/main/I225-V_FIX.md#option-1-using-a-ssdt-with-corrected-header-description

@ricoc90 thanks for correcting me and also for your very good explanation about applying @5T33Z0 guide. I will try asap.

Thank you so much for your post.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, greythorne said:

There is this update Ventura B3 with a size of 500mb, when i tried to update it says update failed offered the full update.

This has been happening to since beta 1 to beta 2 and beta 2 to beta 3.

Anyone knows why?

Same for me but have no idea.

• Sad 1

Guest ricoc90
6 minutes ago, HyperX7 said:

Same for me but have no idea.

If you're using BlueToolFixup, disable it and reboot. You can enable it again after the update of course.

Edited by ricoc90