[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

@Cyberdevs and @aben - Thank you for your quick responses!  So if we want to share specific versions of OC pkg or Acidanthera kexts, we should be sharing the links to the controlled builds in the repo and not the pkg / kext.  Thanks again!

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aben said:

Sounds like you use BlueToolFixup as well? If so, this behavior is expected when attempting incremental updates due to Ventura halting the install process when there is a mismatch detected in userspace binaries, in this case BlueTool.

Suggestion: Reboot macOS without BlueToolFixup and attempt the incremental update again or simply cancel the process and attempt installation with full installer.

Yup. Using BlueToolFixup to enable bluetooth.

Guest ricoc90
4 hours ago, aben said:

Does the use of BlueToolFixup here improve BT functionality for a specific use-case that I'm not aware of?

It does, but I signed a non-disclosure agreement.

No, you are absolutely right. Before I had the fenvi card I was using the archer t6e in combination with the Asus bt400 usb dongle. After switching to the fenvi card I kept bluetoolfixup and just forgot about it’s existence in my EFI folder until yesterday 😄

Edited by ricoc90

58 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

So if we want to share specific versions of OC pkg or Acidanthera kexts, we should be sharing the links to the controlled builds in the repo and not the pkg / kext

Preferably yes! For example: this would be the ideal link to share if you wish to share the build for latest OC commit b06c6b3.

Edited by aben
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

Before I had the fenvi card I was using the archer t6e in combination with the Asus bt400 usb dongle. After switching to the fenvi card I kept bluetoolfixup and just forgot about it’s existence in my EFI folder until yesterday 😄

Ahh...figures! It now makes sense why you were battling with those pesky incremental update issues all along 😅

Edited by aben
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

HandOff and AirDrop working in Ventura b3 on my E7270 fitted with an Apple BCM94360CS2. Before or after Sleep/Wake cycle.

Can you check something?

Bluetooth is unavailable right after walking from sleep (for about 5-10seconds bluetooth settings is empty) and after that is working just fine.

39 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Bluetooth is available right after wake; I've just checked after a quick test of putting my E7270 to sleep for less than a min. I'll retry after a long period of several hours.

Correct..

Me with this card:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B081CFM2J4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have wiffi and bluetooth, working OOTB, I don't use any kext...

Works AirDrop, Handoff like an original mac..

1161288892_Capturadepantalla2022-07-12alas17_46_07.png.559a4790f6dda56e1c9e09411afb0d28.png

And obviously, when I wake it up from sleep it works instantly, I use a magic trackpad and I usually wake it up from sleep with a touch...

I don't usually turn off the computer, it had been on sleep since yesterday, I arrived at noon, I touched the trackpad and instantly it was as I left it yesterday, and airdrop handoff bluetooth works

702478043_Capturadepantalla2022-07-12alas17_57_04.thumb.png.2549c71396d79dbbbd6ac0d41e5d1d10.png

For the Lenovo 520s, this card is about to arrive:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/174224694910?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

I guess it should go well in Ventura

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 4

I downloaded the public beta of iOS 16.0 in order to try out Continuity Camera.  I was not able to use it via wifi.  It only worked using a USB cable.  The same had been true in the past when I tried to use Sidecar.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to try to figure out what is going on with my networking that precludes my use of wifi and/or bluetooth (if that is involved at all) to communicate between my laptop and peripheral devices?

P.S. - I posted this here because Continuity Camera is a new feature in macOS Ventura.

Edited by mnfesq

1 hour ago, kuro4kin said:

build 22A5295i also became a public beta©on Applelife

Renamed Developer beta to Public beta. The same update.

Edited by Allan
Quote translated
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I downloaded the public beta of iOS 16.0 in order to try out Continuity Camera.  I was not able to use it via wifi.  It only worked using a USB cable.  The same had been true in the past when I tried to use Sidecar.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to try to figure out what is going on with my networking that precludes my use of wifi and/or bluetooth (if that is involved at all) to communicate between my laptop and peripheral devices?

P.S. - I posted this here because Continuity Camera is a new feature in macOS Ventura.

It works great and flawless with my iHack, but I'm using an actual genuine Apple wireless adapter. Have to fix/reimage the iHackBookPro to try with a non-Apple card. Last I recall, a few things weren't the best on it but it was mostly related to the third antenna I've added than to anything software related.

Spoiler

1034117906_Screenshot2022-07-12at3_38_56PM.thumb.png.26b560bd7afc42c082db5a6690e3e886.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

Boy, would I love to see your EFI.....because I am truly stumped.....can you remove your personal data?  Or just a few screenshots?

I cannot figure out how this Beta can be installed.....my system was fine with all of the betas from Monterey up to Ventura 95/96i, and then nothing......

Here's my config.plist (can't upload the whole EFI, it's too big for Insanelymac), so if anyone sees anything, please let me know......

config.plist 35.72 kB · 0 downloads

https://fex.net/s/fzxdfza

1 hour ago, Slice said:

I see no third update.

no update at all... but...he post a pic with a beta3 update downloading on a 22A5295i machine... so...

Updated to 13.0 beta 3 ( 22A5295i ) though auto update , all went smooth 

image.thumb.png.1be63deecb8de4ef87bea107547fa7e2.png

image.png.f0e5d356d4513bfff39beb541f872f71.png

If you are unable to manage the update the link to the InstallAssistant.pkg :

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

It works great and flawless with my iHack, but I'm using an actual genuine Apple wireless adapter. Have to fix/reimage the iHackBookPro to try with a non-Apple card. Last I recall, a few things weren't the best on it but it was mostly related to the third antenna I've added than to anything software related.

Might there be some type of whitelist for the continuity features?  Might there be a way to spoof our wifi cards with a genuine Apple wifi adapter?  Anyone else have any other things for me to explore?

P.S. - Do you mind sharing the VID/PID for your wifi adapter?

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hervé said:

Bluetooth is available right after wake; I've just checked after a quick test of putting my E7270 to sleep for less than a min. I'll retry after a long period of several hours.

Edit: left the laptop to sleep for 5 hours and on waking it, Bluetooth is immediately available; I use a Bluetooth mouse so that how I can verify BT operation:

image.jpeg

Is it possible to upload your EFI to take a look?

Long time lurker here - just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread for their hard work.

Without which, my installation wouldn't have gone nearly as smoothly 👍

A few notes below - I installed Ventura from a USB drive onto a spare SSD:

• I upgraded OpenCore to the latest 0.8.3 release before proceeding (thanks to @aben for the link): https://github.com/dortania/build-repo/releases
  • The same was true for Lilu, which I updated to the latest version from here: https://dortania.github.io/builds/
  • All-in-all, my Hackintosh rebooted about 6 times during the installation process. On the penultimate boot, I also got a kernel panic. The next boot into Ventura was fine, though.

Ventura System.png

Edited by pbryanw
  • Like 8