[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90
10 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

Message indicating: "Failed to prepare the software update, please try again"

Are you using bluetoolfixup by any chance? 

On 6/23/2022 at 1:39 AM, Cyberdevs said:

Double check the SecureBootModel under the Misc->Security it must be set to "Default"

Thank you Cyberdevs.. you are the best as I keep saying always👍

• Like 1

macOS 13.0 Ventura adds 8K60 support for Dell UP3218K ...
... for Mac Pro 2019 + something (don't know what the + something is).
But you can get around that with my Lilu/WhateverGreen patch.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/solved-8k-displays-running-on-mac-pro-any-what-video-cards-would-work-that-support-8k-hdmi-2-1-displayport-1-4-2-0-displays-on-mac-pro-yes-you-can.2309750/post-31245498 

Here update need to download full 12gb installer to goes well...with 530mb give me error "cant apply this update" ...btw we R in with working second beta3 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, luky35 said:

How did you do it?

Straight forward, was offered to update via "System Settings" --> "General" --> "Software Update" and that was it.

Greetings Henties

13 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

I booted without BlueToolFixUp and the incremental update went through completely fine

An off-topic query here but couldn’t contain my curiosity:

What's more interesting to me is, why use BlueToolFixup in the first place? Presuming you use the Fenvi T919 (which, if I'm not mistaken, packs a Broadcom 94360 combo chipset found in genuine Apple AirPort cards) should work OOB, with all WiFi + BT features supported natively on macOS, without the need for any additional kexts. Does the use of BlueToolFixup here improve BT functionality for a specific use-case that I'm not aware of?

Edited by aben

1 hour ago, aben said:

What's more interesting to me is, why use BlueToolFixup in the first place?

If I may chip in although it is off topic, I have this card in my rig and absolutely no need for additional kexts to enable full functionality, it works OOB (matter closed).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aben said:

An off-topic query here but couldn’t contain my curiosity:

What's more interesting to me is, why use BlueToolFixup in the first place? Presuming you use the Fenvi T919 (which, if I'm not mistaken, packs a Broadcom 94360 combo chipset found in genuine Apple AirPort cards) should work OOB, with all WiFi + BT features supported natively on macOS, without the need for any additional kexts. Does the use of BlueToolFixup here improve BT functionality for a specific use-case that I'm not aware of?

I recently realized that without bluetoolfixup airdrop doesn’t work properly on Ventura but on Monterey it works flawlessly as far as I remember.

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard work just fine tho.

But I can conduct more tests and share the results with you. Just let me know what to test and I’ll check.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

I recently realized that without bluetoolfixup airdrop doesn’t work properly on Ventura but on Monterey it works flawlessly as far as I remember.

You're right! BT features (Handoff + AirDrop) appear to be broken on Ventura, even with genuine AirPort cards; operates unidirectionally (iOS->macOS) on my end. I now wonder what changed within the BT stack in Ventura that causes this.

Thanks for this info!

EDIT- Turns out BT features break after sleep/wake cycle on Ventura. No issues with native cards on Ventura.

Edited by aben
Misreport
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hervé said:

HandOff and AirDrop working in Ventura b3 on my E7270 fitted with an Apple BCM94360CS2.

Same for me in Ventura all betas with Fenvi T919 (Broadcom 94360).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Cyberdevs Okay, I retract what I reported earlier - my bad! It turns out BT features tend to break sometimes after a sleep/wake cycle on Ventura, most likely a beta-related bug as this behavior is not seen on Monterey. In any case, use of BlueToolFixup with native cards still makes no sense as they do not contain code or patches to support functionality when using native cards.

@aben and @Hervé

I can see other computers when AirDrop window is open but i can't transfer files between them or it has a very long delay.

Might be another issue but when I use Bluetoolfixup it works as expected. I have the same fenvi T919 in both rigs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

I can see other computers when AirDrop window is open but i can't transfer files between them or it has a very long delay.

Might be another issue but when I use Bluetoolfixup it works as expected. I have the same fenvi T919 in both rigs.

That's interesting coz I too see this delay sometimes when sending files back and forth on both (iOS 16 + macOS Ventura). I believe this is most likely a "beta" effect coz I see delays with other functions as well, especially notifications on Ventura. I suspect BlueToolFixup is most likely doing some probing adjustment with bluetoothd service that seems to fix this delay seen on Ventura.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, greythorne said:

There is this update Ventura B3 with a size of 500mb, when i tried to update it says update failed offered the full update.

This has been happening to since beta 1 to beta 2 and beta 2 to beta 3.

Anyone knows why?

Bug, click on "ok" and then click on update again, It will download the entire installer (12gb) and the update goes well

Edited by D3v1L
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aben said:

That's interesting coz I too see this delay sometimes when sending files back and forth on both (iOS 16 + macOS Ventura). I believe this is most likely a "beta" effect coz I see delays with other functions as well, especially notifications on Ventura. I suspect BlueToolFixup is most likely doing some probing adjustment with bluetoothd service that seems to fix this delay seen on Ventura.

Yes the beta phase might be one reason but i've read some posts about Ventura has improved the Bluetooth stack in comparison to Monterey and some bluetooth devices could work without Bluetoolfixup and if I'm not mistaking @Hervé was one the first people who reported it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, greythorne said:

There is this update Ventura B3 with a size of 500mb, when i tried to update it says update failed offered the full update.

This has been happening to since beta 1 to beta 2 and beta 2 to beta 3.

Anyone knows why?

Sounds like you use BlueToolFixup as well? If so, this behavior is expected when attempting incremental updates due to Ventura halting the install process when there is a mismatch detected in userspace binaries, in this case BlueTool.

Suggestion: Reboot macOS without BlueToolFixup and attempt the incremental update again or simply cancel the process and attempt installation with full installer.

• Thanks 1

@Hervé you are correct.

I just tested Ventura on both rigs without bluetoolfixup and everything seems to be working just fine.

On the Kabylake I have beta3 and on the alder lake beta 2. So that must have been a momentary laps of (judgement) communication between the devices for some unknown reason.

I even tested the file transfer between Monterey and Ventura and it worked just fine. Even the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard connected faster than when I had bluetoolfixup loaded!

• Like 6

A noob question from someone who hasn't previously experimented with Acidanthera pre-release developer builds.  I saw a comment earlier in this thread (not sure where) that discouraged sharing of Acidanthera binaries.  What is the gold-standard repository for Acidanthera pre-release builds of OC and kexts?  Are folks building these themselves or downloading from an Acidanthera-controlled repository?  Thank you.