[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, dMatik said:

I get this error when trying to update from B1 to B3 using last oc commit "OpenCorePkg 53c67f3", Haswell-E CPU (Has AVX2), Asus x99 deluxe mobo. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.8f4044e6fa65afa5df4a8ef283a57c23.png

If the previous update failed (on Hackintosh, it was most likely because you did not upgrade OC), then this is expected.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dMatik said:

I get this error when trying to update from B1 to B3 using last oc commit "OpenCorePkg 53c67f3", Haswell-E CPU (Has AVX2), Asus x99 deluxe mobo. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Yep i had the same issue and as @ricoc90 suggested had to re-download the full installer via the software update and it worked just fine. (just to confirm the issue and the solution tho)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I have one problem, with Xcode it takes an eternity to download, and then gives error and don't install in macOS Ventura... 

Which Xcode Beta version are you referring to? I have Xcode Beta 3 and it is ok on the latest Ventura version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, that version will not work with Ventura, try the version from Apple's Beta program page.

Sorry, tried to attache it here but file is too large even compressed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest ricoc90

@MorenoAv

xcode 13 did not work in Ventura Beta 1. Don't know if that has been resolved yet. Either way here's xcode 14 beta 3:
https://developer.apple.com/services-account/download?path=/Developer_Tools/Xcode_14_beta_3/Xcode_14_beta_3.xip

You might need to log-in to download it though.  Creating a Apple Developer Account is free, in case you do not have one already

Edited by ricoc90

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Ok, that version will not work with Ventura, try the version from Apple's Beta program page.

Sorry, tried to attache it here but file is too large even compressed.

Ok, ok what's with the hilarity - me no understand!!!! :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

Ok, ok what's with the hilarity - me no understand!!!! :hysterical:

Attaching a file that big requires a new server, you can attach up to 100MB to each post and if you wanna attach xcode which is 7.63 GB you will crash our whole server (i guess) :D

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Attaching a file that big requires a new server, you can attach up to 100MB to each post and if you wanna attach xcode which is 7.63 GB you will crash our whole server (i guess) :D

Ok man thanks for the explanation. To be honest much thought didn't go into my effort to upload the file at the time so was a little baffled by the responses ( again I am going to blame old age and lack of cognitive thinking - Hey it works every time :hysterical:

Spoiler
Spoiler

:hysterical: - Look at this another unintentional error.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I saw Xcode 13 occupied 30Gb. Looked and deleted.

Now I am using Eclipse which occupies 300Mb.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Slice said:

I saw Xcode 13 occupied 30Gb. Looked and deleted.

Now I am using Eclipse which occupies 300Mb.

Yeah I was referring to the XIP package not the extracted version and with the whole libraries and SDKs it will be even bigger.

20 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

Go big or go home. 

It's not up to me so...

4 minutes ago, crusher said:

I can confirm you need RestrictEvents.kext

I use RestrictEvents.kext but it's still all the same, I've tested the download on two rigs and the first try to update always fails.

• Like 2

Guest ricoc90

Exactly. I had the issue when updating from DP1 to DP2, then I swapped out my SSD for a new one so I had to re-install DP1. Updating to DP2 again went without errors but when I wanted to update from DP2 to DP3 I got the same error again. 
I do use RestrictEvents.kext as well. Anyway, I'm fine if it wants to play hard to get as long as it eventually will let me install it

Edited by ricoc90

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I'm still waiting for the DP3 full installer to see wether it still requires admin credential on a clean install or not.

You and I both.

• Like 4