[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Just now, ichelash said:

It’s official ventura has won the battle 😂😂 skylake intel HD 530 has refused to work @Cyberdevs

That beats me! post the EFI that you are using and I will double check the settings. At this point i need to cross examine the settings.

@viorel all ports here w/o weg on MacPro7,1... never tried with iMacPro1,1 but...

Monterey w/o ATY,Henbury:

image.thumb.png.26b0450e909c3bcb3a62aa8c2fb16fa5.png

and With ATY,Henbury in Ventura xD:

image.thumb.png.2c8a0a95baf03ab92332164173279ad4.png

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

That beats me! post the EFI that you are using and I will double check the settings. At this point i need to cross examine the settings.

Here it is. Installation process went smoothly, the issue arise when in post installation I add the device properties

EFI.zip

6 minutes ago, ichelash said:

the issue arise when in post installation I add the device properties

Yes the issue is that you are not using the correct version of WhateverGreen.

I told you several times already you need a very specific build of WEG because they have rolled back the SKL-->KBL spoofing because of the "Booting into Recovery Mode" issue but in your EFI folder you are using the version of the WEG which already has that setting removed.

image.png

Replace the WhateverGreen.kext with this one and it should work.

WhateverGreen.kext.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@viorel

Which DP and HDMI, near or far from the motherboard? Even with WhateverGreen?

DP1 which is closer to the motherboard, HDMI always works. yes Even with WhateverGreen, and D3v1L rightly noticed that something is wrong with henbury

20 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@viorel

Which DP and HDMI, near or far from the motherboard? Even with WhateverGreen?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.68a3766b74b0b10006bd315d561e4777.png

Edited by viorel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes the issue is that you are not using the correct version of WhateverGreen.

I told you several times already you need a very specific build of WEG because they have rolled back the SKL-->KBL spoofing because of the "Booting into Recovery Mode" issue but in your EFI folder you are using the version of the WEG which already has that setting removed.

image.png

Replace the WhateverGreen.kext with this one and it should work.

WhateverGreen.kext.zip 216.68 kB · 0 downloads

On it

• Like 1

I am afraid that the redistribution of GitHub Actions Artifacts is never a good idea, given the fact that they are downloadable with the possession of a GitHub account.

Secondly, there is no such support for SKL spoofing as KBL on WhateverGreen master branch; While I did make a test, it caused problems with firmware disabling and thus was *reverted*. I apologize for the inconvenience which I brought.

In case of any curiosity, we are currently testing the spoofing on a separate branch of WEG; thanks @5T33Z0 for pointing it out. Now you should be able to boot in any case without the injector/codeless kext being used.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 8

@PMheart

do you have the latest compiled version of that branch, I can't compile it and I'm too tired to troubleshoot it right now.

But if you think posting it here might cause mayhem you can send it to me via PM if that's possible.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@PMheart

do you have the latest compiled version of that branch, I can't compile it and I'm too tired to troubleshoot it right now.

But if you think posting it here might cause mayhem you can send it to me via PM if that's possible.

Thanks in advance.

As I said in the previous post - It’s available on our GitHub Actions: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/actions?query=skl-as-kbl-13

This is why I was against the idea of redistribution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, viorel said:

Monterey nitro+ ati.henbury. iMacPro1.1

!!! Yesterday I asked someone who has a 6600 XT to check if all DP are working - today I figured it out - it turns out that only 1 display port + hdmi works withiMacPro1.1, and all ports work with smbios MacPro7.1

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ba6ebdc483c7d570cf651c7f2f24ee26.png

In monterey, with SMBios iMacPro1,1  my RX6600 all ports work, (3-DP+HDMI ) and with hot plug, I just tried it.  

Plug and play in Monterey 😄

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/5003841

• Like 1

Latest commits to WEG branch 'skl-as-kbl-13' drops the use of codeless KBL kext + includes proper implementation of patch to drop VP9 codec support for SKL when spoofing to KBL; this change automatically fixes the recovery/installer boot issues as well.

(IMPORTANT: It is still NECESSARY to fake 'device-id' and choosing appropriate KBL 'ig-platform-id' for proper acceleration on SKL)

Thank you @dhinakg and @PMheart for the final touches/improvements which now allows proper functioning when spoofing SKL to KBL, especially on macOS 13.

NOTE: The above WEG branch also introduces a new WEG boot-arg: -igfxsklaskbl (not required on macOS 13) which can be used for testing SKL spoof to KBL on older macOS versions. Thanks @PMheart for pointing that out.

Attaching RELEASE build of WEG for others to test

WhateverGreen-1.6.0-RELEASE.zip

Edited by aben
Added note about boot-arg requirement for macOS 13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

No, only SkylakeInjector.kext was disabled I can enable DP/HDMI audio from HD 530 and video play is fine on Youtube without this kext.

Are you sure? Can you provide your EFI to test?

39 minutes ago, aben said:

Latest commits at WEG branch 'skl-as-kbl-13' replaces injector kext with introduction of WEG boot-arg: -igfxsklaskbl which now fixes the recovery/installer boot issue while dropping VP9 support on SKL. Thank you @dhinakg and @PMheart for the final touches/improvements to macOS 13 progress on SKL. 

Attaching RELEASE build of WEG just incase

WhateverGreen-1.6.0-RELEASE.zip 537.09 kB · 1 download

Hello,

So need to install this WEG in Monterey 12.4 and use the boot argument igfxsklaskbl prior to starting an in-place upgrade? 

4 minutes ago, Aguys said:

Got Ventura running on my Acer V5-471G (Ivy Bridge)🙂 but yeah, no acceleration.

image.thumb.png.471162ea41b4aeab52e7625974599055.png

Use the latest version of WEG and the boot argument as mentioned by @aben

1 hour ago, aben said:

Latest commits to WEG branch 'skl-as-kbl-13' replaces injector kext with introduction of WEG boot-arg: -igfxsklaskbl which now fixes the recovery/installer boot issue while dropping VP9 support on SKL. Thank you @dhinakg and @PMheart for the final touches/improvements to macOS 13 progress on SKL. 

Attaching RELEASE build of WEG just incase

WhateverGreen-1.6.0-RELEASE.zip 537.09 kB · 3 downloads

All works now!

There are some flickers only. Rest is good. Thanks @dhinakg and @PMheart

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aben said:

Latest commits to WEG branch 'skl-as-kbl-13' replaces injector kext with introduction of WEG boot-arg: -igfxsklaskbl which now fixes the recovery/installer boot issue while dropping VP9 support on SKL.

(IMPORTANT: It is still NECESSARY to fake 'device-id' and choosing appropriate 'ig-platform-id' for full acceleration)

Thank you @dhinakg and @PMheart for the final touches/improvements to macOS 13 progress on SKL. 

Attaching RELEASE build of WEG for others just incase

WhateverGreen-1.6.0-RELEASE.zip 537.09 kB · 6 downloads

On 13.0 you will not need -igfxsklaskbl, which was created for testing purposes only.

13 minutes ago, PMheart said:

On 13.0 you will not need -igfxsklaskbl, which was created for testing purposes only.

Perfect! Can boot successfully into recovery/installer + YT playable on Safari as well without -igfxsklaskbl. Have updated my post to reflect this info.

Much thanks once again! :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

Works fine on my Skylake Dell Latitude E7270 by disabling/removing the GPRW patches used in previous macOS versions, i.e.:

1. ACPI renaming of method GPRW to XPRW
  2. injection of this SSDT-GPRW patched table: SSDT-GPRW.aml.zip

In other words, Sleep/Wake Ok with default GPRW ACPI settings.

Hi! Thanks for your help, it didn't work for my Asus Z170A. It goes to sleep, but wakes into black screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

Oh, really? Are you sure about that?

1 hour ago, aben said:

Perfect! Can boot successfully into recovery/installer + YT playable on Safari as well without -igfxsklaskbl. Have updated my post to reflect this info.

Much thanks once again! :)

Yay! Thanks @dhinakg and @PMheart 

• Like 1