[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

@surenmunoo 

It seemed to me that someone with Alder Lake and these problems did not appear...

The USBs of my B660 in Ventura are crazy, they restart my computer before reaching the desktop, it loads the desktop one of 10 times.... and the USBs go crazy, yes when the PC shuts down trying to boot in ventura and it doesn't get it, if later I start Monterey it does the same thing twice until the USBs are reset...

I have created a USBMap.kext by turning off many USBs and when I get it to load the desktop everything works, including sleep..

The bad thing about my B660 board is that it doesn't have many USBs, it has 4 internal Asmedia 107x hubs that make MacOS Ventura go crazy, and I think there's no solution...

zcUEZep.png

even Monterey works fine...

That happens only with the RX6600... if I use a RX6650XT XFX those problems disappear, but I lose the DRM (no appTV, no Netflix in safari)

@viorel 

I don't have hot plug

But they all work if I turn on the computer connected to that DP

HDMI yes it has hot plug

Hopefully as OC develops there is a fix for AlderLake to sleep. When it does try to sleep I get kernel panic on wake and have to reboot. I also for some reason cannot get rid of HS01 and HS02

image.thumb.png.173c8062c5c76004dca623f18b464b96.png

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, anerik70 said:

XFX Radeon RX570 8GB is the problem!  

I did this:

1. Boot with the EFI I use for Monterrey. Run de installer from macOS Monterrey (I created a partition for ventura).

2. System reboot (change to ventura EFI what I send you in the last reply) and continue the installer. When the partition name change and recovery macOS 13 appears, reboot again with the Monterrey's EFI and enter to recovery macOS 12.

3. Change the os.dmg as the MacRumors guide explain.

4. Reboot with the ventura EFI and let the installer finish (it finish in black screen when config window should appears. It is because your rx570). At this point ventura is installed but no graphics usable.

5. Change my rx470 for a non Polaris card and boot ventura (there is video And the config windows appears).

6. Finish the config.

It is true. I tried Ventura in one of my rigs with RX 570. It boot but no login screen. It just stay back. Any solution to this?

4 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

It is true. I tried Ventura in one of my rigs with RX 570. It boot but no login screen. It just stay black. Any solution to this?

22 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Hopefully as OC develops there is a fix for AlderLake to sleep. When it does try to sleep I get kernel panic on wake and have to reboot. I also for some reason cannot get rid of HS01 and HS02

image.thumb.png.173c8062c5c76004dca623f18b464b96.png

I can't get rid of HS01 or HS02 either. 🤷‍♂️

My B660 when it manages to enter Ventura does not have the slightest fault, everything works, even sleep

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 1

Until Ventura, I've never followed a new macOS release very closely on InsanelyMac.  I had no idea that this much work went into making the macOS installation so smooth for those of us who wait until x.3 or x.4 before installing the next macOS.  I don't install the next macOS until it's required for XCode.

Thank you to everyone who has worked and who continues to work so hard to pave the way.  You are truly pioneers of the hackintosh community.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Sleep work fine with AlderLake and Ventura macOS.

Have many trash in ACPI tables and macOS don't use it. Is just problematic devices for other system like Windows.

My original DSDT have 120k lines with bunch of trash, my edited have 43k

DSDT.EDITED.zip

My EFI folder

EFI Alder lake.zip

Ioreg

iMac Pro.ioreg.zip

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

Have many trash in ACPI tables and macOS don't use it. Is just device for other system like Windows.

DSDT.EDITED.zip 47.52 kB · 0 downloads

My EFI folder

EFI Alder lake.zip 4.55 MB · 0 downloads

Ioreg

iMac Pro.ioreg.zip 1.06 MB · 0 downloads

Hi @MaLd0n Will these work on my Aero D 12700K, I have also a Fenvi T919 Card and don't use the Intel wifi/bluetooth card

Edited by surenmunoo

14 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

Have many trash in ACPI tables and macOS don't use it. Is just problematic devices for other system like Windows.

My EFI folder

EFI Alder lake.zip 4.55 MB · 1 download

Ioreg

iMac Pro.ioreg.zip 1.06 MB · 2 downloads

Well the 10gig and 2.5gig network ports work as well. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 2.50.02 PM.png

28 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

My EFI folder

EFI Alder lake.zip 4.55 MB · 2 downloads

Ioreg

iMac Pro.ioreg.zip 1.06 MB · 2 downloads

Hi I just tried it and it boots but I don't have wifi, bluetooth and use of the 10G Network Port. Alsomy Thunderbolt bolts don't show in Hackintool. 

7 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Then you're doing something wrong. I've been using it daily on 2 systems for more than a year.

No.

...ouch yes yes, i doing something wrong!...I start to using it! LoL i think Is some sponsor for speak speak speak of OCAT... 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Btw i live well w/o It ...i reproduce the errore with pre/post config, with video, with ALL KIND OF PROVE...answer Is? "sometime Is happen" ahahahahah 

Edited by ilcondannato

25 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

btw, all guys with navi on Z3xx system...why you use iMac19,1 smbios? You don't like DRM? xD LoL 😛  

Because it doesn't seem to boot with either iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 (both were working in Monterey last time I tried)

31 minutes ago, supermike said:

Because it doesn't seem to boot with either iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 (both were working in Monterey last time I tried)

for MacPro7,1 you simply need to add framebuffer injection (ATY,Henbury) ...seem Ventura change somethings and not working OOB... (your Geekbench score go down, but is working like on Monterey on app)

add this key:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

(PCI path of your RX6600/XT...maybe is the same...but verify in Hackintool or gfxutil 🙂 )

(maybe if u have the nofan patch you have it already in Device Properties...)

and add:

key:

@0,name

class:

string

value:

ATY,Henbury

like in pic 🙂 remove WEG, remove agdpmod=pikera bootarg, reboot, reset nvram, try.

(ABBSOLUTELY ON A PEN DRIVE... it'r a "try", if not working u're safe in case...)

image.thumb.png.a53c2c416fb3f1a7732c5bc378df6859.png

result on i5 CoffeeLake 9600k on Aorus Pro Z390:

image.thumb.png.2e9c07c26ba9c96c01a34a6665600eed.png

Edited by ilcondannato
  • Like 1

Using FusionDrive with OpenCore:

Today I've decided to install Ventura on a FusionDrive using a Samsung 128GB NVMe drive and a Seagate 1TB.

After the completion of the first stage when system restarted OpenCore didn't show the FusionDrive so I looked for the reason and realized that in the config under the UEFI->APFS the "GlobalConnect" needs to be enabled. After enabling GlobalConnect, OpenCore shows the FusionDrive and the second phase of the installation started.

I hope this helps someone with the same issue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest 5T33Z0
40 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

for MacPro7,1 you simply need to add framebuffer injection (ATY,Henbury) ...seem Ventura change somethings and not working OOB... (your Geekbench score go down, but is working like on Monterey on app)

add this key:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

(PCI path of your RX6600/XT...maybe is the same...but verify in Hackintool or gfxutil 🙂 )

(maybe if u have the nofan patch you have it already in Device Properties...)

and add:

key:

@0,name

class:

string

value:

ATY,Henbury

like in pic 🙂 remove WEG, remove agdpmod=pikera bootarg, reboot, reset nvram, try.

(ABBSOLUTELY ON A PEN DRIVE... it'r a "try", if not working u're safe in case...)

image.thumb.png.a53c2c416fb3f1a7732c5bc378df6859.png

Do you need additional Renames to make it work when not using Whatevergreen (like PEGP to EGP0)?

Edited by 5T33Z0

53 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

in the config under the UEFI->APFS the "GlobalConnect" needs to be enabled. After enabling GlobalConnect, OpenCore shows the FusionDrive and the second phase of the installation started.

Good find!!!! - I made a note of it in my "Useful Tips" folder for future reference. These tip-bits are golden nuggets of info, you never know when they will come in handy but good to have, if not for you but others. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The Tech said:

@aben Are you able to use HDMI/DP audio with the SKL to KBL spoof? It works if the kext is not injected. Once injected, the HDMI/DP audio vanishes.

My DP/HDMI audio was enabled if SkylakeInjector.kext was disabled.

Please check my previous post at page 34.

Edited by jsl2000

48 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Do you need additional Renames to make it work when not using Whatevergreen (like PEGP to EGP0)?

nope on MacPro7,1 WEG is not required at all and no renames ora patches required (drm worging abbsolutely. 246/265 enc dec, AppleTV+ 4x, Prime, Netflix FHD on Safari etc...
(i use my hack for work in video making with DaVinci and Premiere, not need to put any renames and it work like charm)

ONLY ISSUE (but this is "for now" on Ventura, with ATY,Henbury (instead of RadeonFramebuffer used default w/o inject), Geekbench score in "metal" is too slow... but, it work's like on monterey with higher geekbench scores (w/o inject framebuffer)

btw, 

no need to renames (gfx0 etc)

no need to patch

no need nothing xD

but this is only for MacPro7,1 ...(they have 6xxx ((w6xxxX is only server side name)) series natively so, no need to patch nothing)

ex iMacPro1,1 NEED WEG same as iMac19,1

btw this is my config if you want check 🙂

config.plist.zip

Edited by ilcondannato
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 2:04 PM, mav96 said:

@Cyberdevs Many thanks for sharing the WhateverGreen.kext. This was indeed the reason and now I have graphics acceleration on HD530 (btw it works even better than on the supported Monterey without spooofing :)). So the kernel panic I posted before was indeed related to the spoofing commit that they removed from WEG.

Now the only issue left for me is the HDMI, which does not work at all on Ventura for me. I guess this KBL spoof also changed something regarding the HDMI bus configuration.

Hi @mav96

Would you mind sharing your EFI folder ?

My mobile setup is not that different from yours...

Dell Latitude E5570, i7-6820HQ, Intel HD530

On 6/14/2022 at 7:38 PM, deeveedee said:

@Jazzoo and @FrDakota I found a thread here that references the "AppleKeyStoreTest" issue.  I'm not sure, but I think the user implies here that enabling AvoidRuntimeDefrag fixes the issue.  Were you able to resolve this?

EDIT: @5T33Z0 - I saw that you reported the "AppleKeyStoreTest" issue as well.  Did restoring AvoidRuntimeDefrag=True resolve this for you?

With the latest OpenCore and reactivating AvoidRuntimeDefrag I finaly could use my iMac19,1 definition.

I also had to copy the SystemSettings app from Monterey to Ventura because I couldn't change in Users and Groups the Automatic login as to my user. (I don't see any lock in the new SystemPreferences)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@ilcondannato I think using key fb_name and setting the Framebuffer name as value is also possible

:291070822_Bildschirmfoto2022-06-18um13_09_24.png.a88d8f65d44d33623f5eb4d4d5fa5a79.png

i'll give it a shot brb

respnse:

nope, did not working. Stuck on loading bar like without injecting. (last) 

Edited by ilcondannato